Supercopa Catalunya | FC Barcelona - Espanyol de Cornella 4-2 pen.

cro-man

How the hell does a mid-season friendly thread have 10 pages (1 less than the Girona game so far)? You guys have really fucked up priorities :lol:

My guess is it's because it suits the anti-Dembele agenda.

Actually its very imporant because one of those on the field will play against chelsea and none of them are convincing....

xXKonan

Paulinho isn't suited to right midfield. He is better in central positions. I would not play paulinho against Chelsea, I'd go with Gomes and Dembele can play a role off the bench.
Doesn't matter if he's playing as a RM or not dude is a tactical shithouse that leaves his position to camp the box.

Have you watched him at all since he got here? dude is a defensive hole. at least with Gomes and Vidal they have some sort of understanding where to be when it's defending but no matter where you stick Paulinho he's never in the spot he should be.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
There's no anti Dembele agenda btw. There is however an anti valverde agenda and people throw their toys out the pram when Dembele doesn't play, even though there's logical reasons to do so

FCBfan22

How the hell does a mid-season friendly thread have 10 pages (1 less than the Girona game so far)? You guys have really fucked up priorities :lol:

Maybe it's because it suits the anti-Dembele agenda while the Girona thread doesn't.

I'm interested how our players merge with the B team.

This match also proved that Denis has 0 decision making.

10 pages are here, because chat isn't open.

Because people are really interested in seeing how Dembele does, obviously.

The match itself isn't very important.

We saw that against Girona.

Actually its very imporant because one of those on the field will play against chelsea and none of them are convincing....

Dembele was convincing against Girona but no, let's write him off because of a friendly.

One of Gomes or Vidal, if not both, will play against Chelsea (while Dembele won't) but it's been clear that they suck for a long time. A friendly means nothing.

BBZ8800

Tell me what attributes Gomes has to be a CDM? You just look at the physiques of guys like Paulinho and Gomes and assume they're good defensive players. They lose almost every single duel and get skinned multiple times every match FFS.

He is not world class in defense.
But he is the best midfielder in DEFENDING after Busquets, Rakitic and Paulinho.
Since those 3 are not playing, Gomes is the only guy who could have played as a CDM.

Infront of him you have Denis the Ghost, Alena who is a CAM, Vidal who is lost, Dembele who doesn't know how to defend and isn't even trying and a Cf Paco who isn't defending.

Imagine the amount of alibies for Dembele or any fan's favorite if he played our of position or with a poor teammates around him.

denn

There's no anti Dembele agenda btw. There is however an anti valverde agenda and people throw their toys out the pram when Dembele doesn't play, even though there's logical reasons to do so

There isn't. Gomes and Paulinho don't give us anything right now, and Dembele didn't even had proper chance. He had to be in startnig lineup against Las Palmas, that's it.

Kohe321

I'm saying the trophy that will be dealt out in the end of this is about as important as a Happy Meal toy.

BBZ8800

There isn't. Gomes and Paulinho don't give us anything right now, and Dembele didn't even had proper chance. He had to be in startnig lineup against Las Palmas, that's it.

You are forgetting that EV does give him a chance every single day on training grounds.
If he is as poor there infront of EV every day like he is today, well..

JamDav1982

Maybe it's because it suits the anti-Dembele agenda while the Girona thread doesn't.

Without even looking I would guess you have commented on this game more than in Girona thread.

Seems your priorities are more fucked than anyone elses.

Home of Barca Fans