Spanish Super Cup: Barca - Bilbao 1-1 (1-5 agg.)

Catalan Fan

Because they were tired. They were still tired today, even the players who didn't play or started away showed some fatigue.

Fair enough, I don't really agree but am not that fussed about it to argue the point.

Hopefully we do them Sunday.

Antimadridista1

I don't have a very good feeling about the first part of the season.
I think that our starters will play a lot because of the lack of quality in the squad (that's the sad conclusion after this horrendous pre-season and this tie against Bilbao) and now we're gonna see the effect of the transfer ban. Pedro is gonna leave, Xavi already left and no one replaced these very important players, at least not until january.

The second part of the season will definitely be much better with the likes of Arda Turan and Aleix Vidal coming up to help us but they will take time to fit in.

BarcaJack

I don't have a very good feeling about the first part of the season.
I think that our starters will play a lot because of the lack of quality in the squad (that's the sad conclusion after this horrendous pre-season and this tie against Bilbao) and now we're gonna see the effect of the transfer ban. Pedro is gonna leave, Xavi already left and no one replaced these very important players, at least not until january.

The second part of the season will definitely be much better with the likes of Arda Turan and Aleix Vidal coming up to help us but they will take time to fit in.
Perhaps. But Lucho always comes back. So let's hope he do that again.

raskolnikov

We definitely will be trailing Madrid come january, if not or when we are close the liga is ours.
The schedule is set up to destroy us early.

Devils

These recent games have been so tough to watch. We've been so out of sync.

Makes me really worry about where our leadership and drive is stemming in the dressing room now that Xavi is gone.

jairzinho

That's the thing, we don't have much legit leaders. The only real leader that comes to mind is Masch. Iniesta appears too soft, timid and quiet. Maybe he kicks a$$ behind the scenes who knows. But you need a vocal leader with fighting spirit, A MAN and that's what Mash embodies. I've never been a fan of awarding captaincy only on seniority. These are the same sentiments Beckenbauer expressed during an interview about leadership crisis in the Bayern dressing room a couple years ago. :
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ian-giants-seek-new-faces-to-regain-the-title

The Clip below says it all. These are the REAL leaders on this team.
Thanks Blaugrana Bull
[tw]633383210613874688[/tw]

Last edited:
Athletic deserved to win the the trophy. But we were the best tonight by a thousand miles. Lol @ Athletic for time wasting in the first half.

And long live corruption in spain, so obvious it's funny.

Pepe Silvia

That's the thing, we don't have much legit leaders. The only real leader that comes to mind is Masch. Iniesta appears too soft, timid and quiet. Maybe he kicks a$$ behind the scenes who knows. But you need a vocal leader with fighting spirit, A MAN and that's what Mash embodies. I've never been a fan of awarding captaincy only on seniority. These are the same sentiments Beckenbauer expressed during an interview about leadership crisis in the Bayern dressing room a couple years ago. :
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ian-giants-seek-new-faces-to-regain-the-title

The Clip below says it all. These are the REAL leaders on this team.
Thanks Blaugrana Bull
[tw]633383210613874688[/tw]
100% agree.

Mido

Time to learn from our mistakes and move on to the next match against them. We should give them a proper pasting this time and a football lesson. I hope that Mascherano and Alves will have enough time to rest, this will be crucial as they seemed to be very tired yesterday.

Am I the only one here who though Busquets was MAGNIFICIENT yesterday ? That truly was an excellent performance from Sergio.

amircule

Yep sergio was magnificent and our motm imo .
Nevermind the stupid supercup , that cup is haunted , in the last 4-5 years the winner never won the league .
Let's give athletic a good lesson at their own turf . We shouldn't let them become what atletico was for martino ...

BigBarcaBoy

Was it Iniaki Williams who celebrated Pique's red card like a goal, what a pathetic reaction. Athletic deserved it over the two legs and we made Aduriz look like Pele

Home of Barca Fans