Spanish FA, FC Barcelona sanctioned for international transfers of minors

ceefoo

This whole thing is a joke. Sure, I agree that if we broke the rules that we should face some sort of punishment, but then so should any other club that is guilty of this (and there have got to be a lot of them). Otherwise it just looks like a witch hunt against Barca, and this above is even more damning if true. This morning I was angry with the club, now I'm also angry with FIFA.
The appeals committee panel to hear Barcelona's case has been selected. Here it is ...

Chair : Florentino Pérez
Vice Chairmen : Luís Figo
Secretary: Alfredo Di Stéfano
Assistant Secretary: Pepe
Neutral Observer: José Mourinho

I don't know what's wrong with you people!?! I've no doubt with this impartial Appeals Panel we'll get a fair hearing.

When I think of FIFA, I think of Fairness. :p

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
By the looks of it, FIFA made sure that we won't be able to get anything this summer. Time to use that La Liga option for GKs since Valdes got injured and get Keylor Navas since that is still legit and a legal right, if it indeed pans out that way lol......

Devils

Yeah its looking more and more like we are going to be banned for the entirety of this window as well as the winter one. The statement from FCB really didn't pledge any sort of innocence.

We're pretty much fucked in the defence and goalkeeper departments now. The attack and midfield should be sustainable for another year, but it looks grim.

I know its risky, but we will probably have to promote some La Masia defenders for next season and integrate them into the first team. What other choice do we have? lol

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah its looking more and more like we are going to be banned for the entirety of this window as well as the winter one. The statement from FCB really didn't pledge any sort of innocence.

We're pretty much fucked in the defence and goalkeeper departments now. The attack and midfield should be sustainable for another year, but it looks grim.

I know its risky, but we will probably have to promote some La Masia defenders for next season and integrate them into the first team. What other choice do we have? lol

Do you have any new information on this that you can share with us?

I don't think the situation has changed, that is we will appeal the ban and it will take time for the decision to be made. Personally, as clueless as that stupid organization called FIFA and that retarded clown blatter is, i don't think they will want to throw Ter Stegan and Halilovic in limbo by breaking up the deals that have already been made. That would be unfair and very disruptive to the two.

F

Flavia

The statement is not the appeal. This won't be resolved any time soon.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Do you have any new information on this that you can share with us?

I don't think the situation has changed, that is we will appeal the ban and it will take time for the decision to be made.
Yes, and no measures FIFA could have taken would be able to prevent that or make the ban immediate.

I guess it's best to wait and take most "news" in this matter with a pinch of salt, too much speculation going around right now.

XaviMessiGirl

We can promote Masip as a goalkeeper, he is actually quite good. It's defense where this would really hurt us if we can't win an appeal.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
We can promote Masip as a goalkeeper, he is actually quite good. It's defense where this would really hurt us if we can't win an appeal.

I still think we'll be able to sign someone before a decision is made. If this goes to the TAS, the ban won't be official until late in the transfer window or even later.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Not a witch hunt for Barca. Let's look at the three big scandals this season involving FC Barcelona or it's players:

1) Messi tax case - Started by Catalan prosecutor - nothing to do with FIFA or any other club. I'd even say Messi got off easy, considering Hoeness is going to serve jail time for a similar, but more serious, offence. Messi's not the first person in sports, nor the last, to get caught for tax fraud.

2) Neymar transfer - Started by own club member - nothing to do with FIFA or any other club. If the club had just provided Jordi Cases with whatever documents he was asking, by his own admission, he wouldn't have started any investigation. Of course, you cannot reasonably expect the Spanish authorities to stay quiet after Barcelona announce that they had actually spent 80% more than they had originally declared.

3) International U18 players - Started by FIFA - the only offence you could legitimately pin at a foreign entity in football.This thing has been going on for quite a while. Lee Seung-Woo has been banned from Barca matches for a long time, didn't start this season. While a lot of things are still unclear about the case, Barcelona may have been charged and picked to be the club "that was made to be an example of" because they have probably committed the most offences (10 players!). You can't realistically expect FIFA to go after each and every club, that would be a lot of resources consumed on their side. Smarter for them to charge one club and hope the others learn from it. Anyway, Barcelona are also not the first club to be charged by FIFA on transfer issues - see Chelsea. Also, other teams may be covering their tracks better than Barca, and I've read that Barcelona did not bother to co-operate with this investigation and that might've contributed to them being banned. And you never know, FIFA may still go after those other clubs for the youth transfers.
My point is, you cannot commit offences over and over again and then use playground excuses like "Oh he did it too, why are you not punishing him?". That's both factually incorrect and in poor taste. No need to externalize the blame (only talking to the minority who feel it's a conspiracy - I see that the majority are holding the board accountable)

Last edited:

Ocurrente

1488.gif

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Pedro Lopez Jimenez the 3rd Vice-President of Real Madrid was apart of the FIFA committee? That's a conflict of interest if there's ever been one.

Barca is not the only team that has foreigners under the age of 18 playing in their youth teams, what non-sense. What a cop-out by FIFA to make a non-EU rule so clubs like Arsenal can continue to poach talent from other European academies. I have no problem with the rule but it has to include EU players as well and the rule has to be strictly enforced for everybody, not just a couple of big clubs if they want to start handing out transfer bans. FOR EVERYONE. If they don't have the means to enforce the rule for everybody, then you can't just go after one club. The rules have to be the same for everybody.

Are they going to go after Valencia for Kagrin Lee? (I know there's others too but his name immediately pops in my head because well I've seen the kid play.)

Somebody high up is gunning for Barca's head.

XaviMessiGirl

Not a witch hunt for Barca. Let's look at the three big scandals this season involving FC Barcelona or it's players:

First of all, personally I'm treating this case as separate from both Messi's tax case & Neymargate, it's unfortunate that all these events have happened in the same season, but as of now I have no reason to believe that there's some sinister reason for it. So I will just respond to what you said about today's news.

Ultimately, the board IS responsible, yes. They supposedly know the rules & should have followed them as such. As I said, I have no problem with the simple act of being punished. I even have no problem being punished harsher than other clubs if it is in fact true that we may have committed the most offenses. But you can't say there's nothing wrong with someone related to Madrid having a say in this case, and you can't say it's fair that Barca are punished while all other clubs who have done this can brush it under the carpet. That's what has turned this all a bit fishy.

In the Calciopoli scandal, Juve were found to be knees-deep in matchfixing, and while other clubs were involved to a lesser extent (Milan, Fiorentina, etc), Juve got the harshest punishment based on the evidence they had. But it's not like the other clubs got off scot-free.

If FIFA want clubs to take this U18 rule seriously, there needs to be a full investigation with punishments handed out to all offenders relevant to the severity of the offense. It's not a waste of resources if they have already bothered to investigate & punish one club, and it's certainly the fair thing to do.

Then again, this is FIFA we're talking about.

icemanbrfc

I think Fifa have jumped the gun here a bit, or Barca have totally ignored the dealings of under age players into La Masia.

As I said previously, the Eu law could well be there to protect selling clubs, rather than the young players. Many clubs around Europe are known to bring in young kids esp from Africa and Asia, and those clubs are paid virtually nothing. Fifa prohibits this, and demands that buying clubs pay some sort of compensation, in order to protect the selling clubs and it's assets.

One of the issues which normally gets by passed, is that clubs sign before they turn 18, but only offer them a pro contract when they turn 18. In those contracts, normally or most often it states that once they sign a pro contract, their parent club will get money, and further money based on whether the player makes the senior team etc etc...

Those who don't make it at the club, are then shifted around to other clubs, and thus in many instances those players careers are damaged to an extent where they leave football. This is the reason why Fifa are now for some strange reason, trying to make an example. The problem here is that we know most clubs are doing the same, but most clubs do no not offer the type of education, career development skills, football skills and life skills that Barca offer.

Fifa with this decision will basically dash many young players, from actually benefiting from La Masia. Any parent who aspires to seeing their kids not only make a career out of football, but becoming a proper individual on and off the field will lose out, because of a ruling that will eventually hurt the game as a whole.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Home of Barca Fans