Spanish FA, FC Barcelona sanctioned for international transfers of minors

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Too good to be true. Too soon to be true. We just submitted the appeal. On what grounds are they revoking the ban? We clearly violated the rules.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The ban will be suspended during the appeal process until the decision if our appeal to FIFA is rejected and we decide to go to CAS. This will mean that we will be able to sign and register players into the system.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What is CAS? are they higher than FIFA? Pardon my ignorance.

Court of arbitration for sports(Tribunal arbitral du sport in french/TAS). It's an international judicial body established to settle sport related disputes. It has jurisdiction over many of the governing bodies in most of the major sports. If FIFA reject our appeal then we can turn over to CAS and only they can overturn FIFA's decision.

Galning

heard chelsea's was for 1 player. ours is for a ton of players.

it will either be the fifa ban or zubi's in-competence stopping us signing players. for what its worth i prefer the fifa ban, atleast we can use that as an excuse.

The "ton" of players we allegedly violated the rules with according to FIFA.. One of the players that appeared on their list has been living in Catalonia all his life. According to them Barça had sign him 4 years before he was born and made his parents move to Spain as well, 5 years before he was born.
Shows how much effort they put into this.

I honestly can't see us getting a ban.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
‏@migerucb 38 min
Excellent piece by @blackwhitengrey analysing the FIFA/Barça transfer ban > http://www.barcelonafootballblog.com/22233/fyi-article-19-fc-barcelona/ Your questions answered

Great analysis, and it makes everything very clear. Must read.

So if I understand this correctly, according to this article, appeal to Fifa doesn't automatically suspend the ban although Barca will be asking for suspension in their appeal and may or may not get. And it will be the same procedure with CAS.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
chill and have faith in TAS, plus we have a very legitimate resource who will present our case to FIFA.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
So according to Marca, Barca already has presented the appeal to Fifa and they agree that they breached article 19, but they want sanction to be reduced and if that fails they may ask at least to bring back players who are on loans.

Home of Barca Fans