Should Chelsea be considered a TOP team?

Should Chelsea be considered a TOP team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StarLord

Yeah, Real were better than us, because they barely made it to the penalty shootout against Bayern, were dominated for 165 out of 210 minutes. Sounds completely logical to me.

Real were in the meantime fighting for a Liga title, Bayern (as per usual) were cruising domestically. There was a Clasico stuffed right between the semis in which both you and Chelsea got lucky. You got lucky because of the Clasico and in the PKs, and Chelsea got lucky with just about everything.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I'm seriously not interested in your apologetic bs, sorry.

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
Yeah, Real were better than us, because they barely made it to the penalty shootout against Bayern, were dominated for 165 out of 210 minutes. Sounds completely logical to me.

before Robben's penalty you had barely been in Real's half. They outplayed you over the course of two legs and Real also had a far more convincing league campaign that season. After they conceded they froze up. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to Real to lose, I was extremely happy when Schweinsteiger scored that last penalty but really over the two legs Madrid were the better team. Even at the allianz they created many more chances than you did, you guys were just more clinical.

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
Real were in the meantime fighting for a Liga title, Bayern (as per usual) were cruising domestically. There was a Clasico stuffed right between the semis in which both you and Chelsea got lucky. You got lucky because of the Clasico and in the PKs, and Chelsea got lucky with just about everything.

Bayern wasn't cruising though, Dortmund was ahead in the bundesliga

StarLord

Bayern's opponents in the last 4 years in the CL:

11/12

Basel
Marseille
Real Madrid (PKs)
Chelsea (Loss)

12/13

Arsenal (away goals)
Juventus
Barcelona
Dortmund

13/14

Arsenal
United (7th in BPL)
Real Madrid (loss)

14/15

Shaktar
Porto
Barcelona (loss)

Barcelona opponents:

11/12

Leverkusen
AC Milan
Chelsea (loss)

12/13

AC Milan
PSG
Bayern (loss)

13/14

Manchester City
Atletico (loss)

14/15

Manchester City
PSG
Bayern
Juventus

StarLord

Bayern wasn't cruising though, Dortmund was ahead in the bundesliga

Precisely, they were indifferent towards their league. It was done and dusted, concentrating everything on the CL campaign. There is a big difference when you are fighting on two fronts, than when you are fighting on only a cup competition.

Morten

before Robben's penalty you had barely been in Real's half. They outplayed you over the course of two legs and Real also had a far more convincing league campaign that season. After they conceded they froze up. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to Real to lose, I was extremely happy when Schweinsteiger scored that last penalty but really over the two legs Madrid were the better team. Even at the allianz they created many more chances than you did, you guys were just more clinical.

Not really, it was quite close, but i daresay Bayern were better over two legs no question.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

You seem to suffer from heavy memory loss or memory shift.

Anyways, I'm outta here.

Messi

I voted NO because it seems that the OP by top team means "on the same level as Barca, Bayern and Real," which they are clearly not. I would still call them a top team, as in my view there are way more than 3-4 top teams, but for this definition its a no. Hope that makes sense :)

Home of Barca Fans