Shkodran Mustafi

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Why so? Surely Laporte and Marquinhos look more likely? There hasn't been much talk about his getting him in a while.

That said, he won't be playing in Europe and is pretty good, we could definitely do a lot worse. After Laporte, he'd probably be my option.

Looks like the Laporte interest cooled down after his ankle injury and Marquinhos? Well....he plays for PSG.

J

Jamie Cal

Looks like the Laporte interest cooled down after his ankle injury and Marquinhos? Well....he plays for PSG.

True, but Puyol being his agent and the likelihood he'll go must play a big part. Admittedly City play a huge part in this, though.

Even with doubts over Laporte's quality, there really isn't a lot of options out there. If it's not him or Mustafi, I'm gonna be really worried.

khaled_a_d

Why so? Surely Laporte and Marquinhos look more likely? There hasn't been much talk about his getting him in a while.

That said, he won't be playing in Europe and is pretty good, we could definitely do a lot worse. After Laporte, he'd probably be my option.

True, but Puyol being his agent and the likelihood he'll go must play a big part. Admittedly City play a huge part in this, though.

Even with doubts over Laporte's quality, there really isn't a lot of options out there. If it's not him or Mustafi, I'm gonna be really worried.

Mustafi clicks all the requirement ,he is good ,from Liga ,affordable and the deal can actually happen
In the past years we have been building gr8 connections with most Spanish clubs and we have been able to secure many good deals through that .Valencia would sell Mustafi for a good offer .and they are interested themselves in some of our players like Halilovic & Bartra

Marquinhos isn't in a club that is going to sell ,Laporta is out of our price range and City want him .nevermind that I would think that Mustafi is the better player
I think we can get Mustafi for something around 40M .Laporte won't cost less than 50M and City want him . same for Stones
Unless another option emerges like Mori,Umtiti or someone else .I can't see anyone more likely than Mustafi tbh

Puyol?I don't think he will do us any favor .Puyol is competitor who will do the best for his client .

Last edited:
J

Jamie Cal

Mustafi clicks all the requirement ,he is good ,from Liga ,affordable and the deal can actually happen
In the past years we have been building gr8 connections with most Spanish clubs and we have been able to secure many good deals through that .Valencia would sell Mustafi for a good offer .and they are interested themselves in some of our players like Halilovic & Bartra

Marquinhos isn't in a club that is going to sell ,Laporta is out of our price range and City want him .nevermind that I would think that Mustafi is the better player
I think we can get Mustafi for something around 40M .Laporte won't cost less than 50M and City want him . same for Stones
Unless another option emerges like Mori,Umtiti or someone else .I can't see anyone more likely than Mustafi tbh

Puyol?I don't think he will do us any favor .Puyol is competitor who will do the best for his client .

Indeed. His skillset is similar to Masch's and he's a good age, we could do a lot worse.

That said, you guys think there's any chance we go for Romagnoli? Would probably cost too much I'm guessing? Bloody Braida watching all those Serie A games with nothing to show for it. :lol:

khaled_a_d

Indeed. His skillset is similar to Masch's and he's a good age, we could do a lot worse.

That said, you guys think there's any chance we go for Romagnoli? Would probably cost too much I'm guessing? Bloody Braida watching all those Serie A games with nothing to show for it. :lol:

Never watched Romagnoli ,Milan was once my second favorite club but it has been ugly to watch them for years
But I hear ton of good things about him ,but have my doubts that they would sell him 1 year after paying 25M for his service .Roma will get 30% of any increase of that price if he is sold
So it will be tough job getting him for good price

J

Jamie Cal

Never watched Romagnoli ,Milan was once my second favorite club but it has been ugly to watch them for years
But I hear ton of good things about him ,but have my doubts that they would sell him 1 year after paying 25M for his service .Roma will get 30% of any increase of that price if he is sold
So it will be tough job getting him for good price

Yep, as I'd expect too. I'd imagine he'd be worth twice that now, at least.

Hummels is another one - plays on the left side, has the footballing ability, and his contract expires in 2017. Bild have been mentioning us, but I'd imagine that ship has sailed too, and he's just looking to hike up his contract.

God only knows what'll happen to us if Mustafi goes to Bayern and Laporte goes to City, which could happen.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
[tw]731181609496522754[/tw]

if true we should be all over this.

Every club should be all over him if 25 M is the pricetag. Ridiculous when you think that Stones and Laporte are valued at least twice as much.

F

Flavia

He'll get to choose where to play with that fee. Just hope Barça show interest. That fee would be perfect to save mobey and improve other positions. And he's very good.

J

Jamie Cal

We also have Tello to use in bargaining.

With Bayern out of the race we'd be as likely to get him as anyone if we're serious about it. I fear that there will be a lot of suitors for him at that money, though.

zanela

He won't be going for 25M. Thats just a base price alerting interested parties. Once his suitors converge, the bidding war would determine his outgoing fee, which is sure to happen when PL enter the fray . However, if he's insistent on a particular club (most likely to BuLi), there may be lesser room to negociate for the parent club, given their current financial difficulties.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He won't be going for 25M. Thats just a base price alerting interested parties. Once his suitors converge, the bidding war would determine his outgoing fee, which is sure to happen when PL enter the fray . However, if he's insistent on a particular club (most likely to BuLi), there may be lesser room to negociate for the parent club, given their current financial difficulties.

Spot on. He'll go for more than 25. Liverpool migtht get him imo.

Xavinho

Even if Mustafi will go for more than the reported €25M, I hope we're interested. He's proven in la liga, strong in the air, and a vocal leader and organiser at the back. He'd be a great Mascherano replacement.

Home of Barca Fans