Shirt Sponsorship

Should Barca take on a shirt sponsor to pay off the debts?

• Yes

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • No

Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Given the revelations regarding Barca's financial health, would you find it acceptable for the club to place a commercial sponsor on the front of the shirt in order to aid the club's financial recovery?

EDIT: Could a mod please correct my appalling typos? Cheers!

Last edited:

Barcafan 2304

If it needs to be done, it needs to be done. Im not a financial guru so I dont know how traumatic these revelations are and if it is a debt which will be manageable but if some of the scare stories regarding CL participation have any grain of truth in them then yes, we will have to look towards sponsorship.

S

Super Pippo

Remind me CA, in our elections here, there was only one candidate who said the very same thing, but you were very vocal in your opposition to it were you not? - essentially being a continuity candidate.

I would say hate to say I told you so. But that would be a lie. Am loving how right I have been proved to be today. :)

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Question: Are we worse financially now compared to the end of the Gaspart era in 2003?

Lujánn

We're in much better financial situation than 2003. We then had debts twice our income.

PS: I am against shirt sponsorship.

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
No... this kind of advantage hasn't the necessary weight to justify breaking a rule that makes our club unique ... but the truth is that if that happens, it will certainly be an excellent contract. Furthermore, the name UNICEF has brought other benefits, including the level of taxation. so for the moment... no.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
If say Google offered you £40m per year for 4 years would you accept it?

I would say that if you were to get a sponsor, it would be the biggest in the history of the game.

Remind me CA, in our elections here, there was only one candidate who said the very same thing, but you were very vocal in your opposition to it were you not? - essentially being a continuity candidate.

I would say hate to say I told you so. But that would be a lie. Am loving how right I have been proved to be today. :)

:D

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!

You proposed having a sponsor because you didn't accept the validity of the tradition, my preference is and always has been to keep the shirt blank, Unicef is a distant second best to that and shirt sponsorship should only ever be accepted as a necessary evil should financial circumstances require us to do so. I don't believe that differs from my stance in the election, and even if it does then it doesn't matter because Meta and I won :D

S

Super Pippo

Lies, I said all along the club needed to increase revenue and pay its debts (exactly what has come to happen). You said it was unnecessary, and dismissed it as an idea. Infact I seem to remember you both doing a Laporta and splurging on Torres and Fabregas if am not mistaken, while I said spending had to be cut back. You are essentially what you hate Adam - Ferrer. :D

Home of Barca Fans