Seydou Keita

F

Flavia

Seriously? We made back the money for Alba? That's pretty good if it's true.
Nope. He went for free. 14 mi euros is what Keita is gonna get in china, for his 2 years of contract.
He had two years remaining on his contract, but he has triggered a clause in his contract, allowing him to leave after failing to start in at least 50 per cent of the club's games last season.

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
Nope. He went for free. 14 mi euros is what Keita is gonna get in china, for his 2 years of contract.
He had two years remaining on his contract, but he has triggered a clause in his contract, allowing him to leave after failing to start in at least 50 per cent of the club's games last season.
ohhh. :lol:

abual3bed1

0+barcelona+lyon+seydou+keita+thankful.jpg

what am gonna really miss from Keita.

may allah bless you brother.

Pepe Silvia

Shame we made zero money on the deal but it seems that that is the Blaugrana way of doing business lately. Anyway, it was good to have Keita on the team and I wish him more success in China. Farewell Keita!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
GL to him. I'm sure he's a nice guy (actually was one of my favorite players) but the bottom line is: Tito and Barca wanted him to stay and he chose money instead. So let's not make him a saint. He was frank though and said himself that taxes played the role so fair play to him. Hate it when some players think fans are idiots and invent bogus reasons.

F

Flavia

GL to him. I'm sure he's a nice guy (actually was one of my favorite players) but the bottom line is: Tito and Barca wanted him to stay and he chose money instead. So let's not make him a saint. He was frank though and said himself that taxes played the role so fair play to him. Hate it when some players think fans are idiots and invent bogus reasons.
I don't think it's that simple, Bojan. He also wanted to stay, but going from 24% to 43% of taxes is a lot. He would lose too much, and Barça said they could do nothing to help on this matter.

Reasonus

I don't think it's that simple, Bojan. He also wanted to stay, but going from 24% to 43% of taxes is a lot. He would lose too much, and Barça said they could do nothing to help on this matter.

It's still just money. If your family is happy there, you are happy there, you are successful, the people there are nice to you and like you, and you make more in a year than what most of us here make in 10 years or more, why would you want to leave?

I know legally it's his right to leave after his contract is expired, but his was not a normal contract expiry and he was immediately offered a new contract. He still could have left and given the club the opportunity to cash in on him.

Still, good luck to him and may he be happy.

B

beautifulgame

Y'all act like football isn't dictated by material profit, like any other business. If you played for a living then you'd probably think differently.

F

Flavia

It's still just money. If your family is happy there, you are happy there, you are successful, the people there are nice to you and like you, and you make more in a year than what most of us here make in 10 years or more, why would you want to leave?

I know legally it's his right to leave after his contract is expired, but his was not a normal contract expiry and he was immediately offered a new contract. He still could have left and given the club the opportunity to cash in on him.

Still, good luck to him and may he be happy.
What is not that simples is this "just money" thing. He is 32, doesn't have a lot of time left to play at high level and make a lot of money from it; and losing that much money would affect anyone on his position. I doubt anyone would do anything differently... the difference in income he'd have would be too big. 43% is almost half of everything he'd earn. He didn't leave for the purpose of making more money, but because he would be losing too much. He said it himself, that if not for the taxes, he wouldn't go, and I believe him.

Reasonus

What is not that simples is this "just money" thing. He is 32, doesn't have a lot of time left to play at high level and make a lot of money from it; and losing that much money would affect anyone on his position. I doubt anyone would do anything differently... the difference in income he'd have would be too big. 43% is almost half of everything he'd earn. He didn't leave for the purpose of making more money, but because he would be losing too much. He said it himself, that if not for the taxes, he wouldn't go, and I believe him.

You are right and I don't disagree with you, but it's not like he is making pennies in Barcelona despite that ridiculous tax.

Earlier I said that it's his right to leave and choose another club and he was honest about the reason. He's also smart enough to know that he won't be getting that much playing time and Tito may actually be more pragmatic than Pep and choose not to play him as frequently. But like Bojan said, let's not give him more credit than due. I don't dislike the guy, but him leaving, to me, is a positive sporting-wise. It's not very sound financially though.

Home of Barca Fans