Seydou Keita

DndAhead

Seydou was my favorite player at Sevilla. He was very important to their success along with Alves. I was delighted when both of them came to Barca. I hope his good form continues because he's been very solid in his last few outings

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
And another pretty good performance.

Really, what was going on with his heading? It gave us a few points last season but this game he was pretty much hitting every ball with his head.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Always liked Keita. Very, very useful player. Adds us that balance in midfield and I`m again thinking we could have him as a regular first 11 player with Iniesta moving to the left once he gets back. Or at least play him more often than last season.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
I think we should play him without Iniesta moving to the left. IMO Pep should substitute much much much faster. 2-0 against Sporting with that kind of game plan? Take of Xavi and the others in the 60-70th minute and bring on Jeffren and Thiago and stuff.

They would have easily played out the game.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I think we should play him without Iniesta moving to the left. IMO Pep should substitute much much much faster. 2-0 against Sporting with that kind of game plan? Take of Xavi and the others in the 60-70th minute and bring on Jeffren and Thiago and stuff.

They would have easily played out the game.

+1 on Thiago for Xavi when we had 2-0 - or maybe Dos Santos. No need to exhaust Xavi.

[FCB]Messi[10

We need to play Keita some more on the starting 11. He is really good at heading I think he is the best of the team at heading maybe puyol is second but thats my opinion. Good performance for Keita today.

jairzinho

We need to play Keita some more on the starting 11. He is really good at heading I think he is the best of the team at heading maybe puyol is second but thats my opinion. Good performance for Keita today.

Keita is one of the most underrated players in the Barca squad...if not the most...his work rate is exceptional and he roams the pitch tirelessly....incredible box to box player.;)...in terms of his playing time....when ini comes back to full fitness...he might probably drop to the bench..he is not as creative and inventive as Andres but he is certainly a strong player to have in the midfield and he always gives 200%..

maz

I walk the line
This is his season. I predicted he'd score tonight! It's a shame he'll go to the african cup. I'll be cheering mali.......... to lose!!

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
lol, i love the mali team and they are my favorite team in africa after cameroon.

kieta was our best player the last 2 matches with his box to box action and great heading.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Pep was very pleased with Keita after the game and said that he will play a lot this season.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Always liked Keita. Very, very useful player. Adds us that balance in midfield and I`m again thinking we could have him as a regular first 11 player with Iniesta moving to the left once he gets back. Or at least play him more often than last season.

i second that.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Keita was great sub for Iniesta tonight.. On his own way, but very good.

Keita is one of the most underrated players in the Barca squad...if not the most...his work rate is exceptional and he roams the pitch tirelessly....incredible box to box player.;)...in terms of his playing time....when ini comes back to full fitness...he might probably drop to the bench..he is not as creative and inventive as Andres but he is certainly a strong player to have in the midfield and he always gives 200%..
Both sum it up pretty much. His approach to the game is very different to that of Iniesta. And somehow he just doesnt feel like the "typical" Barca player.

This makes him interesting b/c he adds skills that hardly any other in the squad offers, the dynamic, the strong physical play (that ofc Toure and the CBs have, but none of the others) and the running. But he also misses the ingenuity to fill Iniestas spot imo. I mean he is 100% reliable, i.e. barely making any mistake, but besides his heading and occasional long shoting, i sometimes miss the effectivity - the things that count at the end of the day.

Thus there is not a smooth transitition when Iniesta is replaced by Keita, b/c that alters Barcas style a lot. ANd thats what i find problematic. It could however be softened by bringing in the more offensive Maxwell on the left back. Then KEita would act a bit more as a safety guard and let Maxwell overtake for the creativity (although the latter still has to prove if he can pull that off). But putting both Keita and Abidal on the pitch is sth i cannot really understand and like. Maybe also b/c i often cannot differentiate the both of them b/c they look kinda similar ;)

Home of Barca Fans