Seydou Keita

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Here's a GIF where it shows Pepe spitting on Keita.

ContentContentAmericanshorthair.gif

MD71-MADRID-14-08-2011-El-cent_54200847877_54145916424_724_270.jpg

old story :pep:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
This guy still plays top level football (just scored vs. Juve).
And Barca gave him away for free 3 years ago.

JamDav1982

Keita invoked a clause to leave as he wanted the money in China.

A clause that was put in at his request when signing a new contract as didnt want to waste time on the Barca bench near end of his career.

It was right time for him to go.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh great then. The club gave him an option to leave for free.
Free player for someone, cash for Keita and d.ck up the ass for Barca.
The club doesn't need money, who cares about debt.

JamDav1982

Oh great then. The club gave him an option to leave for free.
Free player for someone, cash for Keita and d.ck up the ass for Barca.
The club doesn't need money, who cares about debt.

Keita asked for the option and yes Barca gave him it as it allowed him more freedom at latter stages of his career and he had earned that.

Maybe you want to put money at the heart of everything and ignore what is best for a player but they treated him properly for all he had done.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You are making it sound as if he's Puyol or Xavi.

Yeah, by all means. Give in to player demands. Who gives a damn whats best for the club. What's best for a player is important.

JamDav1982

You are making it sound as if he's Puyol or Xavi.

Yeah, by all means. Give in to player demands. Who gives a damn whats best for the club. What's best for a player is important.

Well we think differently.

Keita at 32 and a half had earned the right to do what he wanted if Barca no longer relied on him as much for the first team.

You act like the club lost out on million in transfer fees for him.

F

Flavia

It wasn't that. He wanted to stay, but his taxes were going to increase a lot after 5 years of residency in spain, and Barça didn't want to give him a raise to compensate for that. So he took the China offer.

“Barca and I tried to reach agreement but we didn’t succeed and that is how it is. It was a tax problem,” L’Equipe quoted Keita as saying.
“I had a great time there and the loved the simplicity and humility of the club and the players, which I will never forget.
“Yes, I will earn money in China, and this could be my last contract, but it is not the only thing as I am still ambitious.”

JamDav1982

It wasn't that. He wanted to stay, but his taxes were going to increase a lot after 5 years of residency in spain, and Barça didn't want to give him a raise to compensate for that. So he took the China offer.

“Barca and I tried to reach agreement but we didn’t succeed and that is how it is. It was a tax problem,” L’Equipe quoted Keita as saying.
“I had a great time there and the loved the simplicity and humility of the club and the players, which I will never forget.
“Yes, I will earn money in China, and this could be my last contract, but it is not the only thing as I am still ambitious.”

His clause to leave for free was only activated as he did not play a specified number of games.

Keita would most likely have known the tax situation when he signed the contract.

The club made it as simple as possible for him if he was not playing as much to go and chose where he went.

F

Flavia

Tax was just an excuse. He played less and wanted, what he believed, last fat paycheck.

If all he wanted was money, he'd still be in china. He came back to spain and is now in italy... I don't think it was the case.

His clause to leave for free was only activated as he did not play a specified number of games.

Keita would most likely have known the tax situation when he signed the contract.

The club made it as simple as possible for him if he was not playing as much to go and chose where he went.

I'm not saying the club made it hard or easy. But if they had compensated the tax amount, he'd have stayed. This wasn't what the club wanted though, so Keita went to china.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's obvious Barca didn't want him no more and odds are Keita wanted to move too (for more playing time, more money, no matter).
Point is Barca shouldn't be giving away their players like that.
Any squad player would "deserve" to leave like that if Keita did so.

JamDav1982

I'm not saying the club made it hard or easy. But if they had compensated the tax amount, he'd have stayed. This wasn't what the club wanted though, so Keita went to china.

The clause was in place to allow him more freedom if he was not playing enough.

My point is that was right thing to do. The fact it fell in to line with the tax issue probably did aid his decision to go but the fact he was given that freedom to chose I agree with and Bojan doesnt.

He would rather have Keita at the club to sell and make money from at a stage he is less relied upon.

Home of Barca Fans