Serie A 2013/2014

Who will win Serie A?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
if they can keep Cuadrado and make sure Joey & Mario stay fit then Fiorentina will skullfuck the rest of that league.

can't wait to see Juve try & carry Pirlo next year. gonna be great.

XaviMessiGirl

Dunno if I approve of this, it was something that made Serie A unique and it was a good way for young players to develop other than sending them out on loan every season. Actually think more leagues should have adopted it.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Dunno if I approve of this, it was something that made Serie A unique and it was a good way for young players to develop other than sending them out on loan every season. Actually think more leagues should have adopted it.

it's a joke.

Nolan will explain why better than I can.

also Serie A has been horrible and archaic at developing young players for the better part of a decade. who are the current top-quality Italian youth comin' thru behind Balo, El, Tattoo, and the Twink?

La Furia

Legion of Doooom

It's a massive catch-22 and it's lead to a lot of mid sized clubs mortgaging their future for short term gain. Look at the boom and bust cycles of clubs like Parma and Udinese.

It's also extremely shady and unfair for players. Football is already plagued with shady ownership deals, and the co-ownership situation has only added to that.

And for every success story, there have been plenty of bench riders who clubs had even less motivation to develop. And it's annoying, clubs like Udinese ALWAYS ask for half the rights of Fiorentina youth players when business is done, and the result is rarely good for them.

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

Maybe you're right, but apparently some of the smaller clubs disagree with the decision. For example Sassuolo was able to survive this season largely thanks to co-ownerships. I just feel that you won't really see success stories like that anymore, I could be wrong. I also think it's less of a gamble for the bigger club to just buy half a young player and see how he's developing in two years before making a final decision. But perhaps it's something that's better in theory than in practice. Guess everyone can just adopt the loan with option to buy that's becoming more popular now, or a sale with buyback price. Since loans are getting more expensive these days anyway, it's really not a whole lot of difference.

And it's probably different from the perspective of someone who's a fan of a club who gets hit up for co-ownerships all the time. I know there are tons of issues with Fiorentina-Udinese.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Rudi Garcia extended his contract with Roma. He's pretty underrated, great manager. Should come to a Liga club :p.

XaviMessiGirl

So weird to remember Seedorf played for Madrid.

Juve legends got owned 5-1. Though Ciro Ferrara still looks better now than a lot of current defenders do.

BpJMXghCYAAMoXZ.jpg:large

DAT clearance. Sign. :zubi:

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
It's a massive catch-22 and it's lead to a lot of mid sized clubs mortgaging their future for short term gain. Look at the boom and bust cycles of clubs like Parma and Udinese.

It's also extremely shady and unfair for players. Football is already plagued with shady ownership deals, and the co-ownership situation has only added to that.

And for every success story, there have been plenty of bench riders who clubs had even less motivation to develop. And it's annoying, clubs like Udinese ALWAYS ask for half the rights of Fiorentina youth players when business is done, and the result is rarely good for them.

I read an article that put a positive spin on it actually. I wish I can find it and I will post it here.

EDIT: I cannot find it.

Either way, Serie A needs to clean up the system and I think they started with the wrong system here but I guess it is the easiest shady business deal to eradicate. I am not entirely against it but the lack of transparency and the way it holds players for ransom is strange. Football is better off without it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans