Serie A 2012/2013

Sergio

Sergison
Not really, other than Mauro Camoranesi, there are only 3 players of Argentine decent who have achieved a significant number of caps (double digits), and all of them are pre-war. Contrast that to over half of your players ever coming from Italian ancestry, not to mention best, and its quite clear who has a debt of gratitude to who.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I do find it hilarious that both Real Madrid and Juventus' all time greatest players were nationalized Argentines.

Emma

According to the Spanish "AS" Inter have reportedly interested in Nuri Sahin. How funny :lol:- they have no chance, because Dortmund plans Nuri get back home. :wub:

sahin_nuri_jubel_5x2_TopTeaser.jpg

Emma

I don't deny it, but he is a little bit to old - 35 years....most of our guys are between 20 and 27. :lol:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Looks like Fiorentina is using the winter transfer window to stock up on low risk, high reward prospects on the cheap for some reason..they already signed 21 year old Uruguayan enganche Matías Vecino from Nacional, and are apparently close to 20 year old Polish midfielder Rafal Wolski from Legia and 24 year old Argentine forward Marcelo Larrondo from Siena.

None the instant impact types, but interesting to see all these signings come out of nowhere. It's like Prade is playing SM :lol:

AURELIUS

I do find it hilarious that both Real Madrid and Juventus' all time greatest players were nationalized Argentines.

I'd ignore Sergio. He hasn't got a clue about football or what it means to be Argentine as opposed to Italian.

Argentina is a melting pot of Spanish-Italians with admixtures from the rest of Europe, some African influences and a little input from the natives. It is a distinct cultural identity.

And the footballing strand is distinct too. Starting off with British (mainly Scottish) inculculation the style of the game and it's artistry is allied that of the tango.

Sergio will be next claiming American football, ice hockey and baseball even rugby union owes Italy a great debt because of people like Dan Marino or David Campese. The former clearly identifies as an American and the latter as an Australian. This does not seem to compute with Sergio though.

Argentinian football owes nothing to Italian football at all. More the opposite. Any decent young Argentine playing there seems fair game at the moment as a naturalization target.

Home of Barca Fans