Serie A 2012/2013

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Napoli already overachieving, i don't think they are the second best team in Italy at all. Rafa's way is down.

Mazzari wont be nabbing there players, Napoli run a profit, no need to sell.

XaviMessiGirl

Napoli already overachieving, i don't think they are the second best team in Italy at all. Rafa's way is down.

Mazzari wont be nabbing there players, Napoli run a profit, no need to sell.

Besides Campagnaro who doesn't count because he's coming for free, also been linked to Zuniga, Maggio and I think one other that I can't remember right now. With Zuniga looking the most likely.

Would be fun to get Insigne but I think getting both him and Icardi at once wouldn't happen since both are very young.

XaviMessiGirl

XaviMessiGirl, is this the poorest Inter in over 10/15 years?

When were they poorer?

Not sure about placement or points finishes but I read this is the highest amount of losses (16) since WWII era. And certainly the worst in all regards under Moratti's presidency.

Andrew M

Not sure about placement or points finishes but I read this is the highest amount of losses (16) since WWII era. And certainly the worst in all regards under Moratti's presidency.

I knew there would be a decline after the 2010 treble, but I didn't expect it to be this big

ejuventus

I disagree.

Bundesliga deserve the 4 spots. It will allow the 3rd and 4th placed teams like Leverkusen or Hamburg for example to build their team further and be stronger.

If you are really honest with yourself you'll admit that even though Serie A's clubs have bigger reputations or are more reknowned i.e. Roma, Lazio, Inter, Napoli that doesn't make them better teams than the likes of Leverkusen, Schalke or Hamburg.

Are the likes of Bologna, Sampdoria, Atalanta, Torino or Parma really more superior than the likes of Werder Bremen, Wolfsburg, Stuttgart, Borussia Monchengladbach or Hannover?

For me no and as I said with the Bundesliga have 4 teams in CL and the 3rd and 4th placed teams getting stronger then I think there is bright future for Bundesliga.

Serie A though has definitely improved though over the past 2-3 years. Juventus are becoming a power house again and will surely challenge for the CL next season. Milan are getting stronger but still I do believe need a better manager but they are in a stage of development where they are a few years off from properly challenging. Napoli under Rafa will be tough to be but will be losing Cavani. Roma, Lazio, Udinese are much of a muchness. Inter are a lost cause.

So yeah you say Bundesliga outside top two isn't anything special but outside Juventus is there anything special either?

Anyway I don't think there is anything remarkable about the premier league or la liga at the moment either tbh.

All those leagues apart from Bundesliga are in a downward spiral really.

It's not only a technical matter.

Serie A reflects the Italy's general society: we're a country on delay.
People are without ideas; managing class is selfish and corrupted. there's not sense of planning things, only low tricks to go on until tomorrow.
We've lost also the good humour, and we're a sad people more or less compaired to other countries..........I think you can notice that if you come to visit Italy.

Bundesliga does 44.000 attendance on average, what is the highest in Serie A. Stadiums are old, unworking and empty.
Executives and owners are narrow-minded, without sense of sport, and tending to diffamation and each other accusing. The lackage of money is the last oone of the problems.

ejuventus

1998/99 was awful as well...........14 defeats in 34 matches (now 16 on 38) and 8th place in the league

Rafa officially confirmed as the new Napoli coach.

I think they choosed very well
He might be the right man for them

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Seems like we are interested in Luis Muriel (if Suarez goes). Not seen much of him at Udinese, so, Serie A folk, thoughts about him?

XaviMessiGirl

Seems like we are interested in Luis Muriel (if Suarez goes). Not seen much of him at Udinese, so, Serie A folk, thoughts about him?

I haven't seen very many Udinese games this season. But here is what I can say, he won Serie A Young Footballer of the Year in 2012 (shared with El Shaarawy), 11 goals on the season & he had a hell of a game against Inter a couple weeks ago.

Would be a good signing I think.

Home of Barca Fans