Sergio Ramos

footyfan

Calma, calma
I agree, it would be a disaster for RM if Ramos leaves. They will be hard-pressed to find an adequate replacement. Even though he fucks up a lot, he's still very good most of the time and you're literally losing 1 world class defender and you will likely not replace him. If Pepe or Varane get injured, it will be Nacho replacing. Not ideal.

Pepe is a more consistent defender than ramos, but I think ramos top level is better because he has ALL the skills a modern centre back needs.

I completely agree with this, it's no wonder Maldini called Ramos his replacement. Thiago Silva is also fantastic ofc.

Icarium

Lifestealer
This will be a complete disaster if he leaves... i'm still trying to keep calm after Rafa appointment but this blow me out of the water

you can replace a CB with another quality CB the bigger problem and the thing you can't replace is the leadership and Ramos has been the leader on & off the pitch with or without the armband.. with him & silent Iker gone ... Marcelo is the captain & he is no leader ..

Ramos play with this heart and the rumors today that Perez is clearing the way for Jose to return next year makes me cringe ... sadly it makes sense as the press was ordered to turn on CR , Ramos & Iker.. the 3 most influential who could make Jose disastrous return a failure ...

Perez is screwing up and living in the past & we can't have a competitor to him if he ain't a multi-millionaire .. the only way out is death

Selling both the captain and vice captain in the same window is not a logical move, pushing them through the back door is even worse. If it happens it looks worse than how Raul and guti left the club. Like you said I think Perez really wants to push CR, Ramos and casillas out of the club. But selling Ramos could bite them real hard. Who will lead the team? Xabi is gone, casillas is almost gone. Ramos is the idea candidate to be a leader.

http://www.marca.com/en/2015/06/25/en/football/real_madrid/1435215446.html

Anyway looks like tensions have turned down a bit. Giving Ramos a new contract is a must imo. I don't see any problem in giving him the salary he demands. It just hit me what if Perez is really building up the team to bring back Jose?

F

Flavia

CIYVFPUWUAA_N-H.jpg

Renewal incoming.

BenRobbins

For once it is nice to see Real get given in back. It's not nice having a taste of you're own medicine is it?

Hopefully we get more money for de gea now and then we quickly buy Otamendi.

StarLord

For once it is nice to see Real get given in back. It's not nice having a taste of you're own medicine is it?

Hopefully we get more money for de gea now and then we quickly buy Otamendi.

If anything it is United who seem hell-bent on overpaying for Ramos (29 years old) and Madrid who will be getting David De Gea on the cheap.

oggydude

Ramos is just using us for a better contract, been a united fan to long to know that top players do this to us all the time.

Would be worth the £40m for LVG, he is the best fit for his style bar Pique exactly who we need. Getting mugged of 10m doesn't really worry Woodward anymore as our Galzer induced debt has reduced to a manageable total.

Richard.H

The RM season next year is not looking too great but if there's any club that can make huge changes through the transfer window, it's RM.

BenRobbins

If anything it is United who seem hell-bent on overpaying for Ramos (29 years old) and Madrid who will be getting David De Gea on the cheap.

We are unsettling madrid and putting pressure on perez. We want more money for de gea than what we have been offered. What better way than to say take us seriously than going after the next captain? Ramos will get a new deal and perez will get pissed off with us going for him and will just cough up a better fee.

It still won't be anywhere near what a player of ddg caliber is but we fucked are selves over with that one.

StarLord

We are unsettling madrid and putting pressure on perez. We want more money for de gea than what we have been offered. What better way than to say take us seriously than going after the next captain? Ramos will get a new deal and perez will get pissed off with us going for him and will just cough up a better fee.

It still won't be anywhere near what a player of ddg caliber is but we fucked are selves over with that one.

You are not unsettling anything. You think Perez cannot see through that? You may end up with Ramos (very good player but 29) having payed a massive fee (and wages) and still having no choice but to yield on DDG. Hell, DDG can even sit for one more year with you and then leave for absolutely zilch.

StarLord

I agree, it would be a disaster for RM if Ramos leaves.

I completely agree with this, it's no wonder Maldini called Ramos his replacement.

This will be a complete disaster if he leaves

:lol:

Funny how Ramos was routinely savaged by almost everyone on here (I was one of the very few to defend him) but once he is the target of Man United, he somehow transformed into Maldini's heir and has become irreplaceable.

If Real Madrid get good money for him (which I am certain, they will, IF he goes) then they can easily go for someone like Otamendi (who has not been at the top for nearly as long as Ramos has, but is younger, and is probably more focused defensively) and they also have Varane etc...

People fall victims of sensationalism all too easily. Let me remind everyone what was being said about Lucho's Barca before and almost throughout the last season.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
:lol:

Funny how Ramos was routinely savaged by almost everyone on here (I was one of the very few to defend him) but once he is the target of Man United, he somehow transformed into Maldini's heir and has become irreplaceable.

If Real Madrid get good money for him (which I am certain, they will, IF he goes) then they can easily go for someone like Otamendi (who has not been at the top for nearly as long as Ramos has, but is younger, and is probably more focused defensively) and they also have Varane etc...

People fall victims of sensationalism all too easily. Let me remind everyone what was being said about Lucho's Barca before and almost throughout the last season.

From a footballing point of view, his mistakes are tolerable, his goals are crucial, he gives 4 months of pure awesomeness and 4 inconsistent ones, but his departure for Real isn't discussed on footballing grounds. It is his leadership that is far too crucial for our team.

Home of Barca Fans