Sergio Ramos

raskolnikov

I hate Ramos as much as the next guy but dont get why the Sevilla fans hate him so much. What did he do when he went to Real that pisses them of so much?

Horatio

You're welcome
I hate Ramos as much as the next guy but dont get why the Sevilla fans hate him so much. What did he do when he went to Real that pisses them of so much?

This is hearsay as someone posted this on another forum: "According to Sevilla Ramos used a Spanish law meant to protect employees to release himself from his employer, Sevilla, given that he pays a hefty sum. So he released himself by paying 27m (which according to Sevilla fans was financied through a construction where Perez would be the one providing that money and as such would see Ramos' not pay a dime), Sevilla never wanted to see him leave however.
Later in Ramos' biography he denied these claims and stated this was just part of a 'secret deal' with Sevilla and RM at both ends. Sevilla's board however later released documents proving that Ramos indeed made use of a certain law to make his way to Madrid."(translated from Dutch)

Writing this up it seems too good to be true. It leaves me wondering why I never heard of other instances where this mentioned law is used by players to leave a club.
So hope someone can verify.

Edit: Looking for answers myself Ramos doesn't seem to have a biography. BS radar is bleeping.
We need that Sevilla fan who posts here to provide answers.

Last edited:
F

FlaFCB

This is hearsay as someone posted this on another forum: "According to Sevilla Ramos used a Spanish law meant to protect employees to release himself from his employer, Sevilla, given that he pays a hefty sum. So he released himself by paying 27m (which according to Sevilla fans was financied through a construction where Perez would be the one providing that money and as such would see Ramos' not pay a dime), Sevilla never wanted to see him leave however.
Later in Ramos' biography he denied these claims and stated this was just part of a 'secret deal' with Sevilla and RM at both ends. Sevilla's board however later released documents proving that Ramos indeed made use of a certain law to make his way to Madrid."(translated from Dutch)

Writing this up it seems too good to be true. It leaves me wondering why I never heard of other instances where this mentioned law is used by players to leave a club.
So hope someone can verify.

Edit: Looking for answers myself Ramos doesn't seem to have a biography. BS radar is bleeping.
We need that Sevilla fan who posts here to provide answers.
@Antimilan

Antimilan

Some of those rumors are true. He leaved through the backdoor, and there were a lot of nasty things going on behind the scenes with the contract matters. He will never ever be received well in RSP. Beside those things when he transferred to RM in 2005... which can be well and forgotten... what cannot be forgiven is his constant goal celebration after scoring against us. He does it always... this season he did it in the Uefa SuperCup also when scoring that final minute header.

Plus, he can't even be compared to Dani or Rakitic in the terms of the importance for the club. He was a talent and everyone at Sevilla sure thought that he had a great future with us... but, he seems to forget that Rakitic was an important part of the team for 3.5 seasons, plus the captain of the team in the last season. Meanwhile, Dani was crucial to the EL triumphs in 2006 and 2007, moreover, he stayed in the club after Puerta's death as a respect gesture to the club, even though he had offers from Chelsea in the 2007-08 season, and could go on to protest or forcefully pay the clause or anything... but he stayed and performed well that year.

And on top of everything, both Rakitic and Dani left with tears from Sevilla, while the horseface left smiling that he will live the "big dream"... and now wants to be received as a hero.... no one's eating grass over here!

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Some of those rumors are true. He leaved through the backdoor, and there were a lot of nasty things going on behind the scenes with the contract matters. He will never ever be received well in RSP. Beside those things when he transferred to RM in 2005... which can be well and forgotten... what cannot be forgiven is his constant goal celebration after scoring against us. He does it always... this season he did it in the Uefa SuperCup also when scoring that final minute header.

Plus, he can't even be compared to Dani or Rakitic in the terms of the importance for the club. He was a talent and everyone at Sevilla sure thought that he had a great future with us... but, he seems to forget that Rakitic was an important part of the team for 3.5 seasons, plus the captain of the team in the last season. Meanwhile, Dani was crucial to the EL triumphs in 2006 and 2007, moreover, he stayed in the club after Puerta's death as a respect gesture to the club, even though he had offers from Chelsea in the 2007-08 season, and could go on to protest or forcefully pay the clause or anything... but he stayed and performed well that year.

And on top of everything, both Rakitic and Dani left with tears from Sevilla, while the horseface left smiling that he will live the "big dream"... and now wants to be received as a hero.... no one's eating grass over here!

Come on man..... The horse does!

xXKonan

I'm not surprised by Ramos's comments, He's a guy who doesn't think before he talks.

To most if not all Sevilla fans he was a talented defender coming through the ranks and many thought of him having a future with Sevilla like Antimilan said. But he left for a big money move to Real at 19 and that was all she wrote.

Alves, Rakitic and even Adriano contributed a lot to Sevilla and it's a no brainier they are more revered by Sevilla fans over a former youth player who left when he was only 19 who also likes to antagonize Sevilla fans every chance he gets.

Horatio

You're welcome
So I did some further intel, presuming information simply wouldn't be presented easily in English, and the mentioned law is: "real Decreto 1006/1985, de 26 de junio, por el que se regula la relaciã³n laboral especial de los deportistas profesionales."
There was a book written about Ramos called: sergio ramos corazon caracter y pasion. I was wrong there.

Here is an article about the transfer. My Spanish isn't good enough to grasp all: http://www.abc.es/real-madrid/abci-ramos-traspaso-secreto-jose-maria-nido-201701150845_noticia.html

[MENTION=21618]FlaFCB[/MENTION]

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans