Sergio Busquets

iced1776

Err Sergio is Xavi compared to Yaya in passing.

How do you figure? If this was the case, why did Yaya take on Xavi's role while he was injured? Yaya is much more creative with his distribution and can do it better over distance.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Anyone of you ever asked yourself the question why Ivory Coast never got to the final of ACN? No creativity. Yaya plays OM/CM there.

barca96

Anyone of you ever asked yourself the question why Ivory Coast never got to the final of ACN? No creativity. Yaya plays OM/CM there.

lol u need to get a grip.
so before the euro2008, what exactly did spain achieve?
what did portugal achieve with deco in cm?
what did england achieve with gerrard and lampard?
i can go on and on..

Err Sergio is Xavi compared to Yaya in passing.

cmon man..thats too much..

iced1776

Passing =! creativity

Not entirely but its part of it. Sergi is a bit quicker to receive and redistribute than Yaya, but isn't any more accurate with short passes and is far less accurate with long passes. He is also much more prone to bonehead blind passes in our own half.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Well calling him shit for brains is what he is exactly is. Cruyffs would have more knowledge of the game and how barca play(and he created it) than pep or Bosque. So when he says players are not the quality that we need he means shit for brains.

Oh this is not a forum anymore? Because last time i checked it was. Google what forums mean, a place to discuses opinions which i have been doing.

No, calling him a "shit brains" just shows your not that much into overcoming your own bias against him. Players are to be credited and equally criticized when it is due to act in such manner. And as vast as Crujiff's knowledge of the game is, it is Pep and del Bosque who are currently in charge of their teams and are doing quite well in overall.

You're drawing your own childish and mostly ridiculous conclusions out of nothing and it seems discussing an issue on an otherwise interesting topic is somewhat impossible.

Your inability of arguing your own points falls on your own strong personal convictions on how things should be, instead of how they are, without the slightest touch of objectivity.

I do, rather well, know what a forum is, but I also happen to know how not to state my own opinions as facts and try to mask them in such manner to look adequate.

Oh, but then it is your fault and once again full inability to see that if the team is playing beyond par, then it is the WHOLE team responsible for it. Not just one single player. And if I'd be you, I'd be a bit more careful questioning other's allegiance towards the Blaugrana.

Last edited:

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Yaya can provide creativity but it's through aggressive running with the ball and driving forward directly. His passing is generally not as quick and he doesn't have the same change of direction as Busi. Biscuits has an eye for a pass but he is generally to deep to cut open defenses, so he keeps it simple. His terrible errors are down to poor concentration, not a technical flaw.

G

Gold Member

If there was one player I didnt like at barca it would be this guy.

The smallest touch he goes down like he got shot... Alves does it too sometimes... very annoying.

M

meeks

Busquets had me yelling at the screen during the inter game, he really just did not seem comfortable with the ball at his feet, that and when he punched the ball to get the yellow was ridiculous, like what the fuck dude, show some class. I think it's much harder to be meek in situations where you're getting fucked by a ref, but it's something I expect from Barca. Maybe it's just me

Last edited:

iced1776

Yaya can provide creativity but it's through aggressive running with the ball and driving forward directly. His passing is generally not as quick and he doesn't have the same change of direction as Busi. Biscuits has an eye for a pass but he is generally to deep to cut open defenses, so he keeps it simple. His terrible errors are down to poor concentration, not a technical flaw.

Well, I think my point still stands that Yaya is capable of far better through balls and long balls than Sergi. How many times has Sergi played no look through balls over the top that have lead to a goal? Yaya has done it multiple times. I agree with the rest of your post though, as I mentioned most of it before. Sergi is much better at quickly receiving the ball and redistributing, and I think this quality would serve the team greatly if he were positioned further up the field in Keita's position. His errors are most definitely a matter of focus, which will get better in time but for the moment its an issue that can't be ignored. This is first season in years that Valdes hasn't gone through a patch of poor concentration, can we expect another 4 seasons of mindless mistakes before Sergi gets his act together?

An important point is that Sergi and Yaya actually work quite well together on the pitch! They find each other well and having two deeper mids allows Xavi to focus more on the attacking half of the pitch.

barca96

Well, I think my point still stands that Yaya is capable of far better through balls and long balls than Sergi. How many times has Sergi played no look through balls over the top that have lead to a goal? Yaya has done it multiple times. I agree with the rest of your post though, as I mentioned most of it before. Sergi is much better at quickly receiving the ball and redistributing, and I think this quality would serve the team greatly if he were positioned further up the field in Keita's position. His errors are most definitely a matter of focus, which will get better in time but for the moment its an issue that can't be ignored. This is first season in years that Valdes hasn't gone through a patch of poor concentration, can we expect another 4 seasons of mindless mistakes before Sergi gets his act together?

An important point is that Sergi and Yaya actually work quite well together on the pitch! They find each other well and having two deeper mids allows Xavi to focus more on the attacking half of the pitch.

yes ur right.
yaya and busi somehow can find each other blindly. i love it when they are together on the field.
busi at dm or yaya at dm. doesn't matter. they look sexy together, commanding.

and ur right about passing too. i have seen many times yaya making beautiful passes but somehow they are not recognised by some people here.
busi hasn't shown any of that yet and i believe it's because he still doesn't want to take risks and he plays too deep.
and yes busi is faster, you have to remember, busi is lighter than yaya.

Home of Barca Fans