Sergio Akieme Rodriguez

Andresito

Staff member
Something tells me it won't be much of a competition. Miranda barely played in the last 2 years for Betis. I don't even know why as haven't followed him, did he have an injury or what.

Just sux I guess. Doesn't surprise me after what he showed at Barca tbh.

Messi983

We'll see if he'll actually be sold. Almeria don't want to sell during the season and refers to his 12m clause which is probably too much for Betis.

One option that's probably more likely is getting Vina on loan from Roma.

I've also read Betis is considering including Manu Sanchez (AM's player on loan at Osasuna) in a potential Borja Iglesias move to Atletico. Tbh hope it won't happen as Panda is important for them and I hope Betis will finish this season strong. Don't know their financial situation but I think qualifying for CL would be a better way to improve finances than to sell key players in January. Replacing Alex Moreno will probably be hard enough.

Porque

Akieme has proven to be a solid player. I don't know why you would sell Alex for 16m and spend 10m-12m to replace him midseason, unless Moreno is really keen to go.

But if it did go through then I don't see much downgrade atleast.

Messi983

I think it's more about Betis needs to sell Alex to balance the books, they've already tried to push him to sign with Nottingham Forest in summer but he rejected them.

Porque

I think it's more about Betis needs to sell Alex to balance the books, they've already tried to push him to sign with Nottingham Forest in summer but he rejected them.

Surely CL qualification would grant that?

And imagine that they won LaCopa and will play in the Saudi Cup on Thursday yet still won't earn enough to balance the books. Betis have a net balance of 37.7m surplus over the past 3 seasons too. :lol:

LaLiga clubs are seriously limited in their growth, and thus investment, potential. Tebas always cites the FFP as a means to avoid what happened with the likes of Depor and Zara but ignores this was pre more equitable TV rights distributions, pre-international rights sales increases, pre-national rights sales increases and pre-CVC.

Meanwhile thanks purely to sale of future rights % Barcelona spent more than PSG this Summer, yet the total transfer expenditure of the whole of Ligue1 exceeded the transfer expenditure of LaLiga last summer.

Over the past in-fact 2 years Ligue1 clubs have spent 150m more in transfer fees than LaLiga clubs, and that is with Barcelona and Madrid outspending PSG by roughly 100m over this period. So it is not a case of Ligue1 spending power being skewed by PSG, but that they have more relaxed FFP that's incentivising investment for the other clubs.

Porque

I have no idea. Only Brazilian LB I recall us linked with of recent is Caio Henrique.

What's changed in Betis SD department of late btw. Their scouting has been quite shrewd and more concise than Monchi for example. They have managed to go up a level these past seasons which makes me wonder what they could do on a bigger budget.

Messi983

Joining Stade Reims for reportedly around 10m including add-ons. IIRC we get 10% of transfer fee.

Home of Barca Fans