Sergio Aguero

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
this is hysterical.

please, sign a striker that will bench anelka and cause him to sulk, obliterate JT's status as the club's joint-top earner (leading to him demanding a pay rise) and of course forces carletto to restart his tactics to build the team around kun.

I cannot WAIT to see how that turns out for dressing room morale.

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
well he wouldnt necessarily bench anelka.. i think they want to do this with CAN in mind.

but paying that ridiculous amount is just bad business.

S

Super Pippo

Rossi would be cheaper... and not cup tied... and of similar age. But chelsea is chelsea.

Thats what I was thinking. Anton you talk about the next Zola, there is a player like him, and he is cheaper than Kun. He's also played in England and looked good.

I know Carlo is a big fan of Rossi also, i'm really very surprised that you are not going for him instead.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Not very fast? He might not be Theo Walcott fast but he's still pretty quick.

Thats what I was thinking. Anton you talk about the next Zola, there is a player like him, and he is cheaper than Kun. He's also played in England and looked good.

I know Carlo is a big fan of Rossi also, i'm really very surprised that you are not going for him instead.
Rossi isn't a big enough name, that's all I can think of. He doesn't make big waves like Aguero does. I'd like Rossi to come, he'd be pretty good from what I've seen of him, though I don't know if he's another Zola, but you'd know better.

Last edited:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
well he wouldnt necessarily bench anelka.. i think they want to do this with CAN in mind.

but paying that ridiculous amount is just bad business.

so they're gonna sign aguero for a month?

and even then, aguero and anelka are so incompatible as they both do the same thing and cover the same ground. playing them together will be a disaster.

and then every other game it'll be aguero and drogba (totally awesome) but anelka will sulk on the bench and stink up the locker room.

Not very fast? He might not be Theo Walcott fast but he's still pretty quick.

he's fast, he's strong.

look, on the level, this kid is a top 10 striker, without a doubt. and he's only gonna get better.

but his arrival will unhinge what has been up to now a harmonised locker room.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I like Aguero but not for this kinda money. If it wasn't on Soccernet I wouldn't have even bothered to speak about this, but Soccernet are pretty good with their news so...

House of Flies

i hope this is all smoke and mirrors for a different striker. there are so many good ones available like lavezzi, pandev, vucinic that you can get for cheap.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
but his arrival will unhinge what has been up to now a harmonised locker room.
That's what I'm worried about too.

Terry won't have to ask for a new contract, I think he has a clause that he automatically matches the top earner. Awesome! Not.

Anelka will have to go back to his old ways to suit playing with Aguero really, just stay central and be a goal poach while Aguero roams around the pitch like Anelka has been this season.

Lavezzi can't score a goal to save his life to be totally honest, then again Anelka isn't setting the world alight on the scoring charts this season so I guess it wouldn't be hugely different.

House of Flies

pandev is exactly what you should be looking for. fast, agile, lethal boot and completely sidelined at lazio due to a fight with lotito.

even zarate would be cheap/

S

Super Pippo

Rossi isn't a big enough name, that's all I can think of. He doesn't make big waves like Aguero does. I'd like Rossi to come, he'd be pretty good from what I've seen of him, though I don't know if he's another Zola, but you'd know better.

I think it can only be for the name, I was away to say that maybe it was due to Villarreal not starting of great, but then Atletico...

Rossi is a safe option. Cheaper, no cup tie, proven in England, and is a real pro in his character. Too many questions marks over Aguero for me, none more so than if Chelsea can actually service that kind of debt these days.

But I hope you do, Rossi at Milan is my dream, I'd sell Pato to get him.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I'd like Zarate very much to be honest, more than Aguero not because he's more talented, but because he'd be cheaper(though still 20-30m I reckon) and could do a similar job, not to mention he has EPL experience and did fairly well for a crap team.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
rossi isn't proven in england. that's kinda why he left.

in fact I am of the belief that he's too small to succeed in england. maybe when he's older and has developed more canny movement and positioning, perhaps he could make it work (as zola did) but until then I don't think he has the power needed.

he would be amazing in calcio, though.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I think it can only be for the name, I was away to say that maybe it was due to Villarreal not starting of great, but then Atletico...

Rossi is a safe option. Cheaper, no cup tie, proven in England, and is a real pro in his character. Too many questions marks over Aguero for me, none more so than if Chelsea can actually service that kind of debt these days.

But I hope you do, Rossi at Milan is my dream, I'd sell Pato to get him.
Nah Rossi isn't actually proven in England at all, he just has EPL experience so he'd adjust a lot quicker if he came instead of Aguero.

Yeah, what Meta said.

Plus, I'm a Milan fan and I'd love Rossi to go there too.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
That's what I'm worried about too.

Terry won't have to ask for a new contract, I think he has a clause that he automatically matches the top earner. Awesome! Not.

:lol:

he really loves chelsea, doesn't he?

Anelka will have to go back to his old ways to suit playing with Aguero really, just stay central and be a goal poach while Aguero roams around the pitch like Anelka has been this season.

but that's what aguero does.

who has aguero excelled with as a striking partner? forlan.

what is forlan? very creative, good at linking midfield and attack, and good at holding the ball up. also unselfish and willing to run the channels and set team-mates up.

anelka is NONE of those things.

signing aguero will be the beginning of the end of anelka at chelsea. and knowing anelka it will be a slow, bitter and very noisy end.

House of Flies

aguero cant speak english to save his life. rossi probably can and so can zarate (i hope)

but footballers are like this

[youtube]q8PV2BfRl-I[/youtube]

Home of Barca Fans