Sergiño Dest (loaned to PSV)

sMiLeYz

Dest is a good player with serious attacking talent, but I question his mental toughness and his physicality. I want players with more grit. Dest seems brittle. Fullback is a position where you face arguably the opponent's most dangerous players in 1 vs 1. If you look and act scared or hesitant, you're toast. Nobody smells a shaky defender better than a solid winger, it's practically their bread and butter so to speak.

I know its popular to trash players here when the fall out of favor here, but it was Bayern who wanted him hard when he was Ajax and now they still want him. Hes good enough for Bayern, but not good enough for Barca after 4 or 5 games into Xavi's reign? Makes no sense.

BBZ8800

Taken from Semedo's Wikipedia

I could name all PL clubs from 8th to 20th place that are lined up to sign Dest for around 25-30m as he is a player that suits PL's style of football. Of course the inferior financially La Liga clubs cannot afford his services, not unless some of the stimulus deals by LFP come into effect.

I didn't like Semedo because he was bad in attack, but overal he was a better player than the current Dest.

Dest is bad in defense and ok-ish but meh in attack.

Semedo was a starter for several years for Barca which were winning La Ligas and played some role in a CL.

Dest is a squad player for Barca who got KOd in a group stage and who is Uefa cup level currently.

Also, Semedo got sold before Covid, when teams had more money.

All in all, I don't share your optimism on high income from Dest's sale.

khaled_a_d

I didn't like Semedo because he was bad in attack, but overal he was a better player than the current Dest.

Semedo was a starter for several years for Barca which were winning La Ligas and played some role in a CL.

Dest is a squad player for Barca who got KOd in a group stage and who is Uefa cup level currently.

Semedo was sold during Covid crisis, and he was never better than Dest defensively, he was Bayern hero in the 8-2 game

topt

I would sell, but not for cheap. 35m is what we should get.

why ? what makes him worth +15 since he came to barca; I mean you can demand it but nobody is going to pay; Bayern was offering 18M to Ajax and I bet they wont go any higher

BarcaOG

Banned
he isnt very pacy, thats for sure, but he has good technique.

chelsea and bayern apparently interested in taking him off our hands...now im wondering we are the problem and not him :lol:

BarcaOG

Banned

i thought semedo was okay going forward but terrrrrible in defense

Jakabor

Sell.

At first opportunity.

I do not care about whether Bayern or Chelsea are interested. It is not working out here. If they can salvage him, then good for them.

But Barca need a better back.

Nothanks

Semedo was sold during Covid crisis, and he was never better than Dest defensively, he was Bayern hero in the 8-2 game

I'm the #1 Semedo hater of this forum, but i can easily say the Semedo of Barca has had a better defensive run than Dest.

but regardless so far neither dest or semedo haven't really shown anything worth of wearing the jersey, personally i'm tired of being sold on the idea of potential with little current ability to show for it.
I was told Semedo, Emerson, and now Dest are the next big things 2/3 already failed.

MTL_Barca

he isnt very pacy, thats for sure, but he has good technique.

chelsea and bayern apparently interested in taking him off our hands...now im wondering we are the problem and not him :lol:

Tuchel mostly plays 3412/343 at Chelsea and Nagelsmann does occasionally as well, and did it frequently at Hoffenheim.

Right wingback in such a formation is probably the role that suits Dest the most, so would make sense for them to think about him i guess.

Home of Barca Fans