Sergi Samper

gregorrin10

Wow, was kinda shocked to see him included for the squad against Valencia...will he maybe even get some minutes? Probably not, but still nice to see. This has to be his first inclusion in the squad since...well forever. And since Oriol isn't being called up to the first team yet, we might as well try Samper in easier La Liga games until the summer, we'll sure need every spare player we can get in this next month's hellish schedule. And it's not like he's bad, actually he was very good every time he got a chance to play, but the problem was that he almost never got the chance in Barca. But even when he did, he got injured, so sad. I still have hope that he can be solid Busquets rotation, if given a fair chance.

Last edited:
Wow, was kinda shocked to see him included for the squad against Valencia...will he maybe even get some minutes? Probably not, but still nice to see. This has to be his first inclusion in the squad since...well forever. And since Oriol isn't being called up to the first team yet, we might as well try Samper in easier La Liga games until the summer, we'll sure need every spare player we can get in this next month's hellish schedule. And it's not like he's bad, actually he was very good every time he got a chance to play, but the problem was that he almost never got the chance in Barca. But even when he did, he got injured, so sad. I still have hope that he can be solid Busquets rotation, if given a fair chance.

samper was finished years ago............

he is only at club now because he was long time masia player so we let him stay in first team this last season as some charity.

gregorrin10

he is only at club now because he was long time masia player so we let him stay in first team this last season as some charity.

You wouldn't give Samper a chance even though he never really got one yet, but you still think EV is the greatest manager ever by the way you've been defending him in other threads? You and your opinion are irrelevant to me at this point, so move along.

You wouldn't give Samper a chance even though he never really got one yet, but you still think EV is the greatest manager ever by the way you've been defending him in other threads? You and your opinion are irrelevant to me at this point, so move along.

ok im so sad.........

dude u still think samper can make it here! ! lmao

u have no business telling other that their opinion suck.....

he is made of a glass, flopped/benched on relegation liga teams and is 24. he is older than lenglet......

so deluded u r.

Joan

That is true. He even got some chances this season, but as soon as he stepped on the pitch, he got injured. Should just terminate him contract, let him negotiate a better deal.

BBZ8800

You wouldn't give Samper a chance even though he never really got one yet

You and me also didn't get a chance at Barca.
Does that also make Lucho/Ev a bad coach?

There is a huge reason why this clumsy, technically average, mentally scared and weak, and a player who doesn't excell on any position (weak Cdm, average Cm) didn't get too many chances.

He had chances on loans.
No one was too impressed by him.

I know, I know, it was not his fault.
Clubs were bad, playing anti-Barca style, he was injured a lot.

Everything else was wrong except Samper.
Highly unlikely.

If too many coaches in a row don't rate you, there is usually quite a simple reason for that.

Alik

You and me also didn't get a chance at Barca.
Does that also make Lucho/Ev a bad coach?

There is a huge reason why this clumsy, technically average, mentally scared and weak, and a player who doesn't excell on any position (weak Cdm, average Cm) didn't get too many chances.

He had chances on loans.
No one was too impressed by him.

I know, I know, it was not his fault.
Clubs were bad, playing anti-Barca style, he was injured a lot.

Everything else was wrong except Samper.
Highly unlikely.

If too many coaches in a row don't rate you, there is usually quite a simple reason for that.

Samper is not clumsy or technically average. Your other points are mostly valid, so no need to make things up.

BBZ8800

Samper is not clumsy or technically average. Your other points are mostly valid, so no need to make things up.

He is quite clumsy compared to our silky moving type of midfielders like Xavi, Iniesta, Arthur or even Coutinho and Fabregas.
He is technically average compared to Barca's level of midfielders like Xavi, Iniesta, Arthur, Coutinho, Fabregas or even Rafinha.

Imo, Roberto is ok in everything but not excellent in any skill.
While Samper is ok in majority of skills and quite poor in some skills.
So, something like a few levels below Roberto, who is nothing more than a squad player for all positions. Except that Samper has way weaker physical skills and is mentally weak on top of everything (having weaker overall skills than Roberto).
Apart from being from La Masia, playing for all youth Barca's levels, devoted to Barca, a likeable character, with some nice passes here and there and being hyped by Xavi, there is really not too much about him regarding his footballing skills for Barca's level.
And again, being not good enough for Barca is not an insult, even though a lot of people here act as if it is the biggest insult in the world.
Probably 99,9% of professional players are not good enough for Barca.

Last edited:

clemente

Has a chance to be picked up for a game, but knowing EV it will be some first-timers midfield like Coutinho - Samper - Vidal with 0 chemistry

Arizona Scott

Well one of them should play. An advantage or Oriol is the opponents may not realize it is him and not his namesake and give him more respect.

FCBfan22

Oriol actually is just a play it safe version of his namesake. Nothing special, but does his job. He had a few decent games in Copa with the first team in the past. He would be my choice at DM, if we need to play a youngster.

Joan

Samper will probably get injured as soon as he steps on the pitch. I prefer Oriol to him.

Home of Barca Fans