Sergi Samper

Havesaks

Yes, thats true, Chelsea and MG agreed on a 2-year loan without a clause. And that is the way clubs normally agree on loans - with a lot of exceptions though.

In Sampers case it wouldn't make sense for Barca to include a clause, because he wasn't considered as a player who can make an impact for our team, and putting a more or less meaningless clause wouldn't benefit Barca or Samper: 1) Granada wound be less likely to use him 2) generally put barca in a unfavourable negotiation position.

That aside, no matter what, he shouldn't be recalled. He is doing a great job for granada, gathering experience and can he follow up on those perfomancrs in the second half of the season, then we can consider to include him in our first team.

F

FlaFCB

I really don't get why he was sent on loan, and gomes bought. He could be developing well with his minutes.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I really don't get why he was sent on loan, and gomes bought. He could be developing well with his minutes.

Palencia, Grimaldo, Samper, Alena, Munir, Sandro all could have had minutes. We'd save 100+ million plus wages and developing our own players and showing the way to other kids in Masia.

I'd take 1. Just one B player per year given fair shot.
Lucho gave none in 3 years.

opjeoff

Palencia, Grimaldo, Samper, Alena, Munir, Sandro all could have had minutes. We'd save 100+ million plus wages and developing our own players and showing the way to other kids in Masia.

I'd take 1. Just one B player per year given fair shot.
Lucho gave none in 3 years.

If they arent up to standard then a loan is the best option. None of the players youve mentioned are good enough in their positions to play for us.

F

FlaFCB

If they arent up to standard then a loan is the best option. None of the players youve mentioned are good enough in their positions to play for us.

And Gomes and denis are? Could have saved some money, at least.

God Serena

Yeah, loaning these "Not up to standard" players is the best option, while we splash Real Madrid money on players like Paco (Too useless to actually rest MSN) and Gomes (Too useless to contribute to the team but plays all the time anyways and just makes us worse).

opjeoff

Yeah, loaning these "Not up to standard" players is the best option, while we splash Real Madrid money on players like Paco (Too useless to actually rest MSN) and Gomes (Too useless to contribute to the team but plays all the time anyways and just makes us worse).

the players we've brought are not up to standard either but promoting players from the youth team doesnt solve anything, it just looks good on paper. Munir couldnt get us to rest MSN either, and at least Gomes gives us options in midfield, while Samper wasnt breaking into the team at all. I still think it was the right decision to loan them out, we'd be harming them more if we kept them in the team, for example , Bartra would have benefited from a loan but we didnt and due to not playing consistently his potential suffered.

God Serena

the players we've brought are not up to standard either but promoting players from the youth team doesnt solve anything,

Uh, yes it does. For example, the B team has a RB we could use. You know, since the first team doesn't have a single one...

it just looks good on paper. Munir couldnt get us to rest MSN either,

Yes he did, actually. Much more than now, at least. He got plenty of minutes in squash matches and even played a pretty big role in the CDR. Now MSN is playing the full 90 no matter who our opponent is because Paco is certifiably inept at playing striker.

and at least Gomes gives us options in midfield, while Samper wasnt breaking into the team at all.

Gomes doesn't give us anything other than a weaker team and the only reason Samper wasn't breaking into the team is because Lucho doesn't give a fuck about La Masia. Everything Lucho does is a huge middle finger to our academy, how the hell can you blame that on Samper?

I still think it was the right decision to loan them out, we'd be harming them more if we kept them in the team, for example , Bartra would have benefited from a loan but we didnt and due to not playing consistently his potential suffered.

How would we be harming them more? Bartra's issue was he would go months without playing because he was 5th choice CB. That wouldn't have been a problem for Samper (would have had excellent development if given the type of minutes Gomes has been given) and Munir (Who was developing quite rapidly in 2016 and was legitimately a good 4th forward prior to being loaned).

Co0ter

Gomes is awful for us. I've said it since before he even played for us that he had no exceptional qualities and was SLOW as hell, exactly what we don't need when teams have shown to be most effective against us by pressing with quick counters. It was all there for everyone to see, including Lucho.

The odds are Samper would of not only been free and easily as good as Gomes but more than likely been much, much better for us. The same exact scenario for keeping either Munir or Sandro instead of Paco.

Lucho essentially flushed 65mil down the toilet. He also wasted 20mil on Vidal for no reason. How can you replace Dani Alves with him?! How can you then realize he's not that great, play a CM instead all season and STILL not buy a proper RB in the summer? I wasn't able to watch Grimaldo play so I'm not sure about him, but that could of also saved us nearly 20mil in the case of Digne also. Although I like Digne and think him a proper back up although we paid a bit much.

At least with Arda we all witnessed watching him be a warrior and play awesome for AM. I never saw him as a starter in our midfield but as a valuable squad player.

That is 85mil we had to buy a proper CM and RB...and that's not including Arda who would have made that total around 115. This is all not counting incentives either.

Last edited:

opjeoff

Gomes is awful for us. I've said it since before he even played for us that he had no exceptional qualities and was SLOW as hell, exactly what we don't need when teams have shown to be most effective against us by pressing with quick counters. It was all there for everyone to see, including Lucho.

The odds are Samper would of not only been free and easily as good as Gomes but more than likely been much, much better for us. The same exact scenario for keeping either Munir or Sandro instead of Paco.

Lucho essentially flushed 65mil down the toilet. He also wasted 20mil on Vidal for no reason. How can you replace Dani Alves with him?! How can you then realize he's not that great, play a CM instead all season and STILL not buy a proper RB in the summer? I wasn't able to watch Grimaldo play so I'm not sure about him, but that could of also saved us nearly 20mil in the case of Digne also. Although I like Digne and think him a proper back up although we paid a bit much.

At least with Arda we all witnessed watching him be a warrior and play awesome for AM. I never saw him as a starter in our midfield but as a valuable squad player.

That is 85mil we had to buy a proper CM and RB...and that's not including Arda who would have made that total around 115. This is all not counting incentives either.

I think you are overrating both Samper and Grimaldo here, they are good players but they lack top flight experience and when we play so many important games they could come back and bite us. We didnt buy a proper RB because we wanted to give Roberto a chance at RB, a position which he had cemented with Vidal. We have a tendency to overrate players who are not at our club, we've always done this, and we underrate our own players aswell. In addition, we feel like all La Masia products are worthy and deserve playing just because they are from La Masia.

khaled_a_d

It is the best for his development to play and start for Liga side. He wasn't going to be our savior if he stayed anyway,why not do the best for his development
Even if Gomes signing was wrong,it doesn't make Samper loaning a mistake. We will get better player next year and more ready.
People need to keep in minds all the players who were promoted prematurely like Bojan,Munir,GDS & Sandro. It was just too much for them so early and this affected their careers badly.

Home of Barca Fans