Sergi Samper

barcanuck

With Arda Turan starting to play in January, Rafinha recovering by the end of March and possibly bringing back Denis Suarez I don't see a place for him in our midfield, right now. I think we should loan him to a mid-table La Liga side (Rayo would be ideally) for 1,5 seasons or sell him with buy-back. He will develop better with constant playing time and gain more experience.

Yeah not much space with Busi - Iniesta - Raki - Roberto - Arda all ahead of him.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
More and more evidence that this club is fixated on cashing in on the next 1-2 seasons without any foresight and planning on the future.

:facepalm:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
I think it's very good idea to sell with buy-back option, they need playing time, look what happened with Montoya or Bartra, they sit on the bench, they stagnate, they are unhappy and we'll still have to sell them in the end.

xXKonan

Considering Arsenal are closing in on signing Mohamed Elneny for January and with Coquelin around also he would be at best 3rd or 4th Choice over there. I think Samper knows this as well, with Lucho seemingly Giving him quite a bit of Game Time this season wouldn't surprise me if Samper Sticks around and turns down Arsenal.

He's better off being loaned off to a team like Gijon or even Rayo for a couple of seasons.

Coquelin and Elneny, aren't old either both are 24 and 23 years old and with Samper being 20 years old there's no way he would even Break into Arsenal's team at best he would be a 3rd-4th Choice over there.

khaled_a_d

Considering Arsenal are closing in on signing Mohamed Elneny for January and with Coquelin around also he would be at best 3rd or 4th Choice over there. I think Samper knows this as well, with Lucho seemingly Giving him quite a bit of Game Time this season wouldn't surprise me if Samper Sticks around and turns down Arsenal.

He's better off being loaned off to a team like Gijon or even Rayo for a couple of seasons.

Coquelin and Elneny, aren't old either both are 24 and 23 years old and with Samper being 20 years old there's no way he would even Break into Arsenal's team at best he would be a 3rd-4th Choice over there.

There were rumors that Basel were interested in Samper on loan ,I think he would do well there replacing Elneny
Basel has very good history in developing young players ,also Swiss Super League is an upgrade over Segunda B and still less pressure than Liga and Samper play same position as Elneny and would benefit from playing in Europa league

xXKonan

Man it's going to be a long Month.

Seen so much Rumors already but none from Real Reliable sources.

Same stuff Sport/MD have been Parroting.

"Wenger is Interested in Samper and is willing to pay 6 Million for him" and Sport goes the Extra mile if we Sell both Sandro and Samper we would get 20 Million! That's enough for Nolito! :lol:

MD was on that train and even made an article a couple of days ago, but Seems like someone Within the Club told them it wasn't true and they made some Revision article on How Samper won't be sold and would most likely be loaned out since the Club counts on him in the future and since then I haven't read or seen any more "Samper for sale" articles on MD. :lol:

No Doubt Wenger wants Samper, but it would be a total waste of time to even Consider going to Arsenal at this stage. Arsenal have pretty much already bought a new DM Mohamed Elneny (Worst kept secret so far) in January and he's only 3 Years older than Samper is and add in Coquelin who's only 24 Right now and Wenger's First Choice DM, Samper would be far down the pecking order it wouldn't be good for his career.

I think Samper himself knows this and he's willing to stick it out here, I mean he already has gotten quite a bit of Game time for us this season. I hope Lucho Loans him out to Celta or Rayo for a season or Two to really help out his Development.

Last edited:

RaidersGunz

How's this guys season going? Does he feature at all that much? When he has played has has he done?

You're all right, Wenger was interested a year or two back, but his next youth project is Jeff Reine-Adelaide. Then there's Crowley and Zelalem still to be given chances.

Home of Barca Fans