Sergej Milinkovic-Savic

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Savic is not a very creative player. I think we need someone who's good at through-balls and things like that rather than another hard-to-dispossess guy.
Frenkie

Creative CM - Arthur/B2B MF

Was thinking about a setup like this​

Riordon

Frenkie

Do you have anyone in mind for those two positions?

Options for the B2B midfielder within a realistic price IMO: Merino, Soumare, Bruno Guimaraes, maybe Partey. Savic and Ruiz both fit that tole but price too hefty

Last edited:

serghei

100 mil for Savic? The fuck? Things you can read in this forum are sometimes unbelievable.

He's a top player who fits the profile of a midfielder that we need. That's the price you pay for top young players now.

Savic is not a very creative player. I think we need someone who's good at through-balls and things like that rather than another hard-to-dispossess guy.

No, we don't imo. Not until Messi is gone. Messi is amazing at through balls and he plays AM. Why would you want another one? To just give Messi the ball and watch? I'd rather have a physical tank who scores goals and is defensively top notch.

I have a hard time believing there is a place for another playmaker in this team on top of Messi.

Last edited:

Arnaez

I'm mostly impressed by Savic's ability to trap long balls, which wouldn't really matter much here. The rest of his game is not that special imo

Last edited:

Messi983

Options for the B2B midfielder within a realistic price IMO: Merino, Soumare, Bruno Guimaraes, maybe Partey. Savic and Ruiz both fit that tole but price too hefty

I've only watched Bruno against Juve and was impressed but Lyon won't sell him after just 6 months. I would take any of Merino, Soumare or Partey for half of SMS or Fabian's price. Use the remaining money to also get a more creative CM.

Riordon

I've only watched Bruno against Juve and was impressed but Lyon won't sell him after just 6 months. I would take any of Merino, Soumare or Partey for half of SMS or Fabian's price. Use the remaining money to also get a more creative CM.

First game I saw him aswell and was highly impressed, will try to follow him and Aouar. I read about him long ago and he was said to he the best midfielder in Brazil and lots of people who follow Brazil say he is even better than Arthur.

I have maybe 3-4 positions I prefer to improve before the b2b so this signing can IMO wait a year.

Merino is also interesting, gone a bit under the radar but one of the best mids in Spain this year IMO

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Definitely not Mikel Merino. Don't know too much about Soumare or Bruno Guimaraes. Partey would be a decent low-cost option.

I like Camavinga, but a true Box-to-Box midfielder would be someone like Savic who's great at making those late runs into goalscoring positions/chances.

Not paying that asking price for him though.

Guaporta

Definitely not Mikel Merino. Don't know too much about Soumare or Bruno Guimaraes. Partey would be a decent low-cost option.

I like Camavinga, but a true Box-to-Box midfielder would be someone like Savic who's great at making those late runs into goalscoring positions/chances.

Not paying that asking price for him though.

Why definitely not Mikel Merino (Real Sociedad)? He would be an excellent bal-winner. If you want to play him as box-to-box midfielder, then you'd play him out of position. Think he would be more of a defensive midfielder for us and could even play at centre back in my opinion.

Raketa10

He's a top player who fits the profile of a midfielder that we need. That's the price you pay for top young players now.

No he is not. He is far from top. Same things were people saying for Jovic and I was even accused for hating Serbs when I sad he was far from a world class. Jovic is far from what we need and he wouldn't even fit here.

FC433

Frenkie

Attacking CM: Coutinho (creativity and dribbling) and Ruiz/ Savic (strength and powerful shots)
Central CM: Arthur (controller) and Soumare (box to box)
Defensive CM: FDJ (intensity and energy) and Busquets (vision)

What do you think?
Different players with different profiles. Of course, I would like to sell Coutinho, but I cannot see that happening, unfortunately.

Home of Barca Fans