Sandro Ramirez

Devils

Shame on us. He was released on good behaviour.

I don't know Bojan, I almost think it was almost a good thing to let him go and develop where he wanted to without putting up barriers.

It might work in our favour if he turns out to be a special attacker and still maintains good relations with Barcelona, there would be better opportunity to bring him back in the future that way.

I really don't believe we are going to be developing any young forwards as long as MSN is our main attacking trio and Lucho as our coach. And Sandro wouldn't be getting anywhere near the playing time or playing consistency that he has at Malaga right now. It's better to let him go and unleash his talent than give him Paco time at Barca which is horrendous for any player.

I'd say both parties made the right move given the circumstances.

Last edited:

Messi983

Happy to see him doing good but people need to stop comparing his goal numbers with Paco's. If he'd stay here and play as backup to MSN he'd have close to the same effect that Paco had so far.

I also agree with [MENTION=16751]Devils[/MENTION] Sandro only signed 3-year contract with Malaga and his release clause is apparently around 17M so if he'll continue to do good we can get him back relatively cheaply if we want to do that and if he's willing to come back. I think with the way we treated him he'd be much more willing to return as a more experienced and better player in 2-3 years than if we wouldn't let him go for free (Malaga not paying any transfer fee probably resulted in Sandro getting some signing bonus or better wages). He has apparently also rejected Tottenham approach for January transfer window and wants to stay at Malaga which I think is very smart decision. He's just not good/ready enough to be anything more than a bench player for any top club right now and he knows that. But with regular playing time he can develop.

LeeRomeno

rofl, and some people actually believe he would have scored as many in Barca getting almost no gametime lol. Sandro played for us last season and was totally underwhelming, constant gametime is absolutely vidal for any young player (including Paco btw).

F

FlaFCB

rofl, and some people actually believe he would have scored as many in Barca getting almost no gametime lol. Sandro played for us last season and was totally underwhelming, constant gametime is absolutely vidal for any young player (including Paco btw).

He wouldn't cost 35m, though. For the role Paco is having, one of munir or sandro would'd been enough.

LeeRomeno

He wouldn't cost 35m, though. For the role Paco is having, one of munir or sandro would'd been enough.

We got Paco as obviously we had some serious issues last season with quality subs. Getting rid of both Munir and Sandro still makes very much sense. Why we never got an established striker though, i dont know, i guess in the end we ran out of options and took a gamble.

F

FlaFCB

We got Paco as obviously we had some serious issues last season with quality subs. Getting rid of both Munir and Sandro still makes very much sense. Why we never got an established striker though, i dont know, i guess in the end we ran out of options and took a gamble.

The issues with quality subs remain. It was a bad gamble.

LeeRomeno

The issues with quality subs remain. It was a bad gamble.

That should be discussed at the end of season. In any case at least we did something. And i disagree with quality subs, our roster looks much stronger, apart from sub for Suarez unfortunately :(

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Just imagine: We could have kept Masia boys Sandro and Munir and saved 70 million too as both are better than Turan and Paco.

I could also add Samper who is looking solid while Gomes disappears each time he plays.

That's over 100 million down the drain and big fuck you to all Masia kids waiting in line.

LeeRomeno

Just imagine: We could have kept Masia boys Sandro and Munir and saved 70 million too as both are better than Turan and Paco.

I could also add Samper who is looking solid while Gomes disappears each time he plays.

That's over 100 million down the drain and big fuck you to all Masia kids waiting in line.

Munir and Sandro were 2 most criticized players last season. Why anyone thinks they suddenly would shine with same coach, same tactics, same amount of gametime, i dont get. Samper must be one of the most random La Masia hyped up players in recent years. He is just plain average.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
People hype him up since he's one of the few players to start at La Masia at age 6 and go through all the ranks.

xXKonan

I still think even if we didn't get Gomes, Samper would still struggle to get minutes here.

It's not because of Mascherano, it's because of Roberto. Imagine a Scenario where Vidal was actually a solid all around dependable RB? and we didn't get Gomes. Roberto would still be our starting RB but however Vidal would still be a good dependable back up like Digne.

With this Lucho would've used Roberto as Busi's first choice DM backup and Samper despite staying would've been left out in the cold like Sandro who lost the battle against Munir as our 4th striker a season ago. Samper has a lot of talent and he's very creative but Lucho wants more than just that.

Samper might be more creative than Roberto is but at this moment Roberto is far ahead in the Physical and defensive aspect as lone Pivot than Samper is. Hell it wouldn't have surprised me either if Rakitic was also ahead of Samper in the pecking order.

It's just how Lucho sees things.

Home of Barca Fans