Salah vs Robben

Salah or Robben?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Temptation

2 legendary left footed RWs.

Who's the better player overall and why?

Thread idea based on the discussion with KL yesterday.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Good and difficult question, i would take Salah, he is more creative, better finishing and better link-up play. Robben was faster imo but most of the time injured.

Daisymorr

No doubt about it that Salah is better. Robben was brilliant but Salah's effectiveness is on another level.
Salah's wins on Goals & Assists & Injury Free - Consistency over a number of Years.
Robben was a great but was injured a lot. At the end of the day, Robben's stats cannot compare to Salah, even though he was very good.

Temptation

My top4 Pl players of all time:

1. Cristiano Ronaldo, siu!

2. Thierry Henry

3. Kdb/Salah

4. Eden Hazard
Henry has to be above CR7 in PL history.

Was there for longer and had his entire peak in the Prem.

Even though CR7 peaked the highest any PL player ever did, Henry and Salah have a meatier body of work in the Prem than him.

He peaked for 1 or 2 seasons and spent his entire prime in Madrid.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Henry has to be above CR7 in PL history.

Was there for longer and had his entire peak in the Prem.

Even though CR7 peaked the highest any PL player ever did, Henry and Salah have a meatier body of work in the Prem than him.

He peaked for 1 or 2 seasons and gave his entire prime to Madrid.

I also took into account my sympathy for the players :ROFLMAO:

youre right that Ronaldo's prime was more in la liga than Pl :weakbench:

Temptation

Robben is fantastic but Salah has been incredible over the past years

another minus point against Robben is that he was often egoistic

plus point are his chest muscles
Well Salah gave some big statements that backfired too. Remember the Madrid revenge statement he gave?

I don't think we should care about these factors while rating players. We don't know any of them personally and good public image doesn't imply good human being lol.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Well Salah gave some big statements that backfired too. Remember the Madrid revenge statement he gave?

I don't think we should care about these factors while rating players. We don't know any of them personally and good public image doesn't imply good human being lol.

I mean egoistic on the pitch, i remember a lot of times he shot himself instead of passing to the guy who was in a better position :unsure:

KingLeo10

Robben has 0 votes damn! :lol: :lol:

@KingLeo10 turns out it's not nearly as close as we thought? Either that or Barca Forum just hates Robben for some reason..... :thinking:

Robben played for Bayern in Bundesliga. Yes, he had some big performances in CL but day in, day out Bundesliga is nowhere near 2017 - current EPL that Salah played in.

That's probably the reason for the lopsided vote. That and injury record.

Voting CR7 with his 103 PL goals in 7.5 seasons over Henry when it comes to PL is pure fanboyism. CR7's 07/08 was great but so are Henry's 03/04 and Salah's 17/18. It's not clear cut best PL season ever. Then, you factor in longevity.

Home of Barca Fans