Rosell interview

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
End of season interview by FC Barcelona president, Sandro Rosell.

Rueda-de-prensa-de-Sandro-Rose_54375951015_51356729138_352_256.jpg

On Messi tax evasion claims

"This is all a mistake."
"It should have been spoken about with the accountants and legal people, who will clear it up."
"Messi's family is calm. They have all of our support. I do not doubt their innocence."

On Abidal

"We have treated him like a footballer, not someone who is ill, because that's what he asked of us."
"I think the club have treated him in an excellent manner and been honest with him, when he was a footballer and when he was ill."

"Thiago Silva is a very difficult player to sign, he earns a lot of money and we need to be careful with our wage structure"

Thiago Alcantara has been linked with a move away from the club due to speculation about a buy-out clause in his contract falling from €90m to €18m because he failed to complete 60% of the club's games. However, Rosell dismissed this idea, saying: "It's the other way round, if he had played the necessary number of games, the clause would have risen from €18m to €90m.
"I understand that he wants to play more games, but I'd like him to stay on at the club and become as important as Xavi, [Andres] Iniesta and Sergio Busquets."

"Until anything otherwise is said, David Villa is still a Barcelona player."

"Victor Valdes representative has officially told (sports director Andoni) Zubizarreta that the player will complete his contract."
"We are delighted he will be with us next year."

"I believe Barca will sign one or two more players."
"That also depends on whether players leave."

KluivertsBoots

Crazy bad management.

Keeping players who don't want to be at the club is a recipe for disaster. I'd sell Valdes now for 1 euro just to get rid of him.

barcanuck

The Rosell-out era. Where everyone can leave on clauses management doesn't know about. Great lawyer skills by Nikeboy Rossellout.

ryuken

Keep Valdes and he will leave for free next year and we would still have to pay for a new GK, great decision yall :facepalm:

Pepe Silvia

The main thing to consider is having a GK who's head will not be in it. That is baffling to consider wanting someone between the sticks with that type of mindset going forward. I am one of the ones happy about the Neymar signing and potential Silva signing, but there is work to be done that I don't see taking place and I am troubled about next year. For the team's sake, I just hope that Tito's health is good for the entire season, because talent alone will not cut it, and we will need some creativity from the staff, that up until this point, I have not seen.

JonM

It's not like they would actually announce it to the world if they were planning to off-load Valdes in the summer.

Meitux

Keep Valdes and he will leave for free next year and we would still have to pay for a new GK, great decision yall :facepalm:
I agree,why keeping him and not sell him to have some extra money.This guy is a real clown

Last edited:

TanzaBarca

When Figo left Barca to rm, I was very very sad and sick and from that time I dont bother about any player leaving, coz Barca is there, and will continue giving birth to more talented footballers, I know that Mazinho is doing all he can(though in tricky way) to force his boys out of Barca, but at the moment we have Sergi Roberto who is also talented and ready for challenge.

ryuken

When Figo left Barca to rm, I was very very sad and sick and from that time I dont bother about any player leaving, coz Barca is there, and will continue giving birth to more talented footballers, I know that Mazinho is doing all he can(though in tricky way) to force his boys out of Barca, but at the moment we have Sergi Roberto who is also talented and ready for challenge.

I agree with you if the challenge is on the bench

ShandyFFM

Just what he heck is going on at our club at the moment. All those deals behind he szene and those transfers its jusr like we are getting back before the guardiola time. So many bad rumors around the board and the players his cant be good for sporting results

L

Learo

I agree,why keeping him and not sell him to have some extra money.This guy is a real clown

obviously because no club is willing to break their wage structure to bring on board valdes, so we cant sell.

Home of Barca Fans