Ronaldo

KingLeo10

In nobody's ranking of CF/strikers is Lewa ahead of R9, except that one lad from Merseyside. Even Lewa's parents would rank him behind the Brazilian :lol:

Temptation

'RL9' is a nobody in football pantheon compared to the respect R9 commanded :lol:

Show me one interview from a legendary defender or player absolutely gushing over him or crowning him the best. I'll take the word of football legends over some nobody on the internet and 'RL9''s padded stats versus minnows.

If we go by quotes and interviews, Paul Scholes would be Xavi Iniesta Modric tier. :lol:

R9 was dazzling and unique to watch. Players like that will always get great reactions and deservingly so. Entertainment is a big factor but we don't rate Jay Jay Okocha above Seedorf, do we?

Gnidrologist

Lewandowski is already considered one of the greatest CFs to ever play the game.

Unlike some people, his career, records and achievements do the talking instead of mates in the media.
He's in the top 20, but certainly in the second tire. Especially given that his goal baggage comes in mediocre one horse league, while playing for the top horse most of his career. Nothing of note in european cups. R9 played in much stronger laliga and ridiculously strong and defensive seria A and dominated. Even fat post injury Ronaldo dominated LL. There. Lewy has nothing on him, not even close.

L3v1s

ronaldomaldini.jpg
Paolo Maldini
“He [Maradona] and Ronaldo [Nazario], the Brazilian, are the strongest. I did not play against Messi, thank God. "

Alessandro Nesta
“Ronaldo is the hardest attacker I’ve ever had to face. He was impossible to stop.”
ronaldo elastico.gif
Gianluigi Buffon
“The best I have ever played against. If it wasn’t for injury I think he would be talked about on the same level as Pele and Diego Maradona.”

Zinedine Zidane
"Without hesitation, Ronaldo is the best player I ever played with. He had such an ease with the ball. He is number one. Every day I trained with him, I saw something different, something new, something beautiful. That’s what makes the difference between a very good player, and the exception, who, for me, is Ronaldo."

Fabio Cannavaro
“Ronaldo was the only player who really stirred fear in me. The first time I played against him was during a friendly match between Brazil and Italy, it was in France right before the 1998 World Cup. Just walking on the same pitch as he did was terrifying for me. He was strong and quick. He was truly incredible."
ilfenomeno.jpg

Arguably the best goalkeeper of all time and the best defender of all time named him as their best opponent they ever faced, but no. Bet they were some bums.

ajnotkeith

R9 wasn't Jay Jay Okocha lol R9 was the best forward in the world for a number of seasons. Lewandowski has never been the best forward in the world in any seasons except arguably like one where Messi and Ronaldo had down years.

Tempt is doing the thing people do with Dembele where they conflate his injuries with what he actually does as a player, and to claim that because he hasn't got the stats due to being injured it means he wasn't as good when he actually did play.

Temptation

A positive post on R9 by me....... One thing everyone would agree is that he's the most respected player by his peers. Also, he's a very humble guy irl. Having met him briefly at an event, he was very nice to everyone and speaks decent English too. While, I don't rate him as highly as others do in all time discussions, he's one of the most entertaining players to watch ever!

Look at the respect one of the GOAT CBs has for him:

Andresito

Staff member
A positive post on R9 by me....... One thing everyone would agree is that he's the most respected player by his peers. Also, he's a very humble guy irl. Having met him briefly at an event, he was very nice to everyone and speaks decent English too. While, I don't rate him as highly as others do in all time discussions, he's one of the most entertaining players to watch ever!

Look at the respect one of the GOAT CBs has for him:
What event lol.

Masalation has arrived. You seem like such a pathological liar I would bet you're an Indian working at a scammer call centre for a living.

Temptation

What event lol.

Masalation has arrived. You seem like such a pathological liar I would bet you're an Indian working at a scammer call centre for a living.
Was a Nike launch event in London few years back.

Many celebs came and there were plenty of social media influencers too.

Me and my mate were in the press area where they do those lil interviews for YouTube channels and stuff - so we were in the same area. Those red carpet sort of walks where celebs give their thoughts before entering the main event place.

Didn't really talk to him or anything. But he was very polite to the fans and influencers around. Said hi to many people and smiled.

vegitot

Btw, R9 is the best striker but to be fair, his achivements are not enough for his talent. He only won just 1 league tittle in his Europe career. No UCL. But it is his football and his Brazil NT career that made him the best. Similiar to Maradona (no UCL and only 2 league tittles).

JohnN

Btw, R9 is the best striker but to be fair, his achivements are not enough for his talent. He only won just 1 league tittle in his Europe career. No UCL. But it is his football and his Brazil NT career that made him the best. Similiar to Maradona (no UCL and only 2 league tittles).
He didn't achieve what he could have for his talent, but he was really unlucky with the bad injuries. Also, hard to recover from those and he made it work somehow, even if not ever reaching his original levels. Others would have quit.

vegitot

He didn't achieve what he could have for his talent, but he was really unlucky with the bad injuries. Also, hard to recover from those and he made it work somehow, even if not ever reaching his original levels. Others would have quit.
Injuries indeed cut short his career. But R9 also didn't take care of himself and couldn't control his weights.

Still the most transcendent striker in history. A fat R9 can do this
RF61Ei.gif

Or when he was over 100kg

Judoman

But R9 also didn't take care of himself and couldn't control his weights.
As discovered latter, he had a metabolic condition called hypothyroidism. This is why he had and has problems with his weight.
For me, he is the best striker i saw with my eyes and one of 3 best players (Messi, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo)

KingLeo10

What event lol.

Globe trotting Temp who's in NYC one day, in London the other day, and somewhere premier in Europe yet another day...has met Lewandowski, CR7, R9 and a few celebs...still finds enough time in his day to conjure up 8,000 posts in a year on a Barca forum while not being a Barca fan.

:lol:

Home of Barca Fans