Ronaldinho Gaucho

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
He is doing better the Kaka, but you have to remember the likes of Diego from Juventus, Hernanes, Ramires, Elano who are all great players for Brazil and good playmakers. So he will have some competition to have a place in starting 11 for Brazil but if he continues playing well with Milan especially right now in the CL, then he will get more confidence form Dunga to put him in the starting 11.

all those players are not doing that well... except maybe ramires.... but he plays in a less serious league imo hmmm i think brasil is screwed none of their players are doing very well this season... i think dani alves and nilmar will have to lead the team

Juan03

You just said it yourself, he got all the headlines, not because the English media are wrongly giving them to him, he has been outstanding all season, and this game was no different, In the second half he got the headlines by winning the game, like any striker would of if they had done the same, and hes scored 25 times, Which makes him the european golden boot leader, and its not as if he's only contributed with these goals,

Im sorry, but i think Rooney is a better player than Dinho, as muc as it pains me to say it, I highly doubt that he will be able to rediscover his barca form, and he isnt in that elite group of players in Europe anymore (Messi, Ronaldo, Zlatan, Rooney, Kaka and Xaviesta)

i'm not referring to all season.. i was referring to that particular "outshine" word which to me is not relevant to what i saw on the game. its obvious we have different opinions and views and i'm not going to change your mind nor will you change my mind so im just gonna drop it right here ;)

:worthy: Dinho

[FCB]Messi[10

all those players are not doing that well... except maybe ramires.... but he plays in a less serious league imo hmmm i think brasil is screwed none of their players are doing very well this season... i think dani alves and nilmar will have to lead the team

Not much of the players from Brazil are doing well in their leagues, but when the WC comes we will see them at their best and play that beautiful fútbol that we all like to see.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
Not much of the players from Brazil are doing well in their leagues, but when the WC comes we will see them at their best and play that beautiful fútbol that we all like to see.

i guess wel will see... i been talking so much sh*t to my GF about brasil being in group of death and all their players sucking it up.... hope it dosent come back to bite me, i see them knocked out by spain tbh

[FCB]Messi[10

Spain vs Brazil will be a dream match for everyone, because you will see two great teams that both play different ways on the field but they play it "God Like". ;)

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
It's so laughable but the papers here in England call Wayne Rooney the best player in the world based on the other night's CL game... it clearly shows how deluded the media here could get! However, Ronnie (R80) got a rave reviews from his performance in the said game... ie media from Sao Paolo, Italy, Spain (Marca), Goal.com even here in England such as The Daily Mail... here's the link...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-big-screen-starring-role-awful-B-movies.html

Vamos Ronnie.... see you in South Africa WC !!!!

are you english?

MJ BarcaFan

are you english?

No, I am from the Philippines, I suppose you are and a Man U fan at that? You are obviously arguing Wayne Rooney's case in a Ronaldinho's thread so do not be surprise if you meet a lot of opposition here.

Well, I grant you Wayne Rooney has been clinical on that night as a striker should be BUT comparing him to R80's quality just does not cut it. Ronnie on that night played both as a striker and a playmaker and I must say he is more effective because he has scored (nicer goal which is a volley versus Rooney's header) and produced an assist for Seedorf's goal. So which of the two players performed better? Plus, Milan played attacking football vs Man U's effective/Mourinho's style football? Proof of that is Man U got only 4 chances at goal against Milan's countless chances, which if they (Milan) have been a bit lucky and able to convert their chances on that night... 1st leg could have been Milan's. Having said that, it's not over until it's over. So Milan is still in the running I would say.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
No, I am from the Philippines, I suppose you are and a Man U fan at that? You are obviously arguing Wayne Rooney's case in a Ronaldinho's thread so do not be surprise if you meet a lot of opposition here.

Well, I grant you Wayne Rooney has been clinical on that night as a striker should be BUT comparing him to R80's quality just does not cut it. Ronnie on that night played both as a striker and a playmaker and I must say he is more effective because he has scored (nicer goal which is a volley versus Rooney's header) and produced an assist for Seedorf's goal. So which of the two players performed better? Plus, Milan played attacking football vs Man U's effective/Mourinho's style football? Proof of that is Man U got only 4 chances at goal against Milan's countless chances, which if they (Milan) have been a bit lucky and able to convert their chances on that night... 1st leg could have been Milan's. Having said that, it's not over until it's over. So Milan is still in the running I would say.

Im scottish and a barca fan..:D i just think that rooney is a great player, aw yeah theres no doubt ronnies skills, flashyness are far better, but atm i would want rooney in my team, based on pure effectiveness, he is winning games, which i dont think ronnie is, but i am not a MU fan, I consider that an insult..:p

Its not over, but Mu are a very different team at home in europe than they are away, i cant see milan playing the same game as they did at the san siro,

incidently, i dont think we'll see Ronnie at the world cup, hes fallen badly out of favour with Dunga..:(

MJ BarcaFan

Im scottish and a barca fan..:D i just think that rooney is a great player, aw yeah theres no doubt ronnies skills, flashyness are far better, but atm i would want rooney in my team, based on pure effectiveness, he is winning games, which i dont think ronnie is, but i am not a MU fan, I consider that an insult..:p

Its not over, but Mu are a very different team at home in europe than they are away, i cant see milan playing the same game as they did at the san siro,

incidently, i dont think we'll see Ronnie at the world cup, hes fallen badly out of favour with Dunga..:(

You might be a Barca fan but obviously a Rooney fan that much is clear otherwise your claim that Rooney is a much more effective player than Ronaldinho is so controversial along with your other previous statement ie Kaka et al are elite players but not Ronnie? Seriously!!!! A Golden foot awardee and a recent Best Player of the Decade is not considered elite? Where is Kaka now in Real Madrid? Don't get me started with Cristina... Rooney has just improved his play a notch higher this season but got a LOT to prove, in short he is still nothing (no meaningful individual award to confirm his status), well Ibra is Ibra...? ; Ok Messi, Iniesta, & Xavi... but still Ronnie is cut above them imo. "Ronnie not winning games" uh oh... are you watching Seria A?

Regarding Ronnie's chances in WC this summer, my analysis is... Dunga is just motivating Ronnie to work extra hard bec. Brazil will benefit greatly from it. Dunga will not have the guts to left out Ronnie in such a critical situation (their 5x WC record at stake)! If you recall, Dunga was playing Ronnie in the WC qualifiers during which times Brazil needed help in 2008. Brazil trailing Argentina then... so Ronnie did help Brazil to get back to winning... and then Brazil indeed went back to winning ways so there is no incentive to play Ronnie the rest of the qualifying. Also, there is no need for Ronnie to be in the upcoming Ireland friendly either... what for? Do you honestly believe that all the players that get to be called in that friendly will be playing at the WC? Thing is, Dunga does not want his opponents to analyze his WC tactics well in advance. So he is keeping his opponents guessing, which is a good strategy if you ask me, think Sun Tzu's Art of War...

We'll see how the Man U vs Milan 2nd leg pans out, shall we?

Last edited:

Ataraxia

I actually think we can manage a draw at most if we get all our injured players back. If not we'll lose. But we're most likely going out either way, so ...
As long as we play good football and show passion, I'm okay.

Home of Barca Fans