Ronald Koeman

Potroh

For some reason people here don't understand this. No matter what line up you put on the park we are still pretty shit. Blame Barto and Shitverde for this.

Yeah, people hardly understand anything around here, that's why I got truly bored and perhaps look around just once in two weeks here.
After this bad game against PSG it just comes to mind how many times the yieldingly-flat guys with a small football-cortex shouted that Neymar had escaped to that horrible league, and that PSG was an easy and outdated garbage. They say different things now, but the essence is the same...

BTW, If Umtiti, Lenglet and Busquets should have been sold, how about Suarez? Even if he is 100 years old and can hardly run, giving his 20+ goals free to Atletico was wise?

behindbrowneyes

You can't keep switching coaches and hoping something works. The problem is way deeper than just the coach. You can't possibly expect any trophies with how chaotic this club is.

True. Stability and a clear plan is very important. I hope the new president comes up with it. How many sporting directors did Barto bury? Txiki was from 2003 to 2010, Zubi from 2010 to 2015. That was stability. Then Barto's shitshow began. Bordas, Robert, Segura, Abidal, Planes. That fluctuation is crazy. No surprise the squad is imbalanced as fuck with expensive flops. There was no sporting direction.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

You can't keep switching coaches and hoping something works. The problem is way deeper than just the coach. You can't possibly expect any trophies with how chaotic this club is.

Right first all we need a proper team, no coach in the world can win a big match with this team. Same like in juventus, they had Allegri, Sarri and now Pirlo and still playing trash as the players are too bad.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Surprised a bit but furious with Koeman.

I knew it was over as soon as he put Pique in the lineup. I have also lost just about any respect that I had left for Pique. It was unbelievably selfish for him to campaign so much on social media about how hard he is working on his recovery so he could be in this game. Imagine throwing away your teams entire season just so you can placate your own ego. Him and La-la-la-la-Lenglet should be playing their last CL games for this club.

But again, Koeman should have had the balls to stand up to Pique and it is confusing to see him treat Puig this way but bend over immediately to Pique and it shows that when push comes to shove, he is just like EV and Setien in this regard and that is extremely disappointing.

On the pitch for me we sorely lack leadership at the back. No one was commanding, organizing and leading by example back there and in almost all of these humiliations, it is our defense completely falling apart. It is like building a house without a basement, the entire house collapses as soon as it faces any sort of resistance.

Basically now, despite the good work he has done overall, it continues to be under minded by Koeman’s record against quality opponents. Unless we win the CdR, he will probably leave. It has been a terrible situation to walk into and he did the best he could, he is better than EV and Setien but we needed to show something against PSG, even a 2-2 draw would have been acceptable all things considered. But to get blown out like this yet again is simply unacceptable and he made critical mistakes against Paris that sadly have ruined much of the good work he has done.

Pimienta has a really good track record of developing talent, all I will say. There are other options besides Xavi.

FC B

A new manager won't help in this case.
Barca needs to grasp that times changed and the contemporary high-class game is based on execution-speed and on speed as such.

Having the boring and absolutely counterproductive possession, even when the opponent is opened up, having twice as much slow passes as the winner opponent often has, leads nowhere anymore.
Giving safety passes and the like, getting forward only when the unnecessary passes are almost unbearable anymore, represent the past of this game.

The two central defenders are slow and clumsy, Busquests looks like a grandpa (with still considerable technique - but who cares), Griezmann is slow and exceptionally one-footed, not a good and reliable finisher at all, Pedri is really talented but his time comes in 2-3 years, nobody wants, dares or can shoot from a distance (Rakitic was at least brave and occasionally good in it), Dembele has no space because he always faces a solid stationary defense due to this outdated style, no player can serve Messi on his level needed, so essential problems are piling up.

A new coach will not be able to teach a modern, fast, effective and efficient game to this guys (who play the very same way against a 3rd league copa opponent), because for who knows how many years they have been told that mere possession is the "Barca style"...

Exactly. But why do you rule out the possibility (theoreticaly) of a new coach with a new, different and modern philosophy and approach?

Laplacian

Yeah, people hardly understand anything around here, that's why I got truly bored and perhaps look around just once in two weeks here.
After this bad game against PSG it just comes to mind how many times the yieldingly-flat guys with a small football-cortex shouted that Neymar had escaped to that horrible league, and that PSG was an easy and outdated garbage. They say different things now, but the essence is the same...

BTW, If Umtiti, Lenglet and Busquets should have been sold, how about Suarez? Even if he is 100 years old and can hardly run, giving his 20+ goals free to Atletico was wise?

I don't know why you like to act like some old sage who's too good and smart for this forum. All of your points from your posts in the past few pages since PSG have been made dozens and dozens of times by dozens of users this season alone. If you're going to act condescending, at least say something that's new. You're just regurgitating age old points mate.

Barcilliant

People bag Koeman but he is upfront about things. Yesterday he clearly said we were pretty much out of it. People criticised him for smiling after the match but his smile was one of resignation. He knows the size of the task is probably too big for him and he will be gone by the end of the season.
If he can just give minutes to Ilaix and others I will be happy. We need to identify a core group of youngsters who have the ability to take the club forward.

Barcilliant

The problem are ALL over the pitch. Defense is the worst of course starting with Olaf Ter Choker in goal. Two hopeless CBS who need to go asap and the worst player in the squad Busquets.

Potroh

I don't know why you like to act like some old sage who's too good and smart for this forum. All of your points from your posts in the past few pages since PSG have been made dozens and dozens of times by dozens of users this season alone. If you're going to act condescending, at least say something that's new. You're just regurgitating age old points mate.

Yeah, I remember your old problem. Is it Hubris-syndrome, or something else?
But do not worry, you can be in good company here.
Old is true, sage is probably not. But I definitely tend to know a bit more about this lovely game, compared to the exorbitant crowd, including the frustrated and the ever-aggressive, including yourself.
Would have been wise if you could stay silent, for just a day or two...

Laplacian

Yeah, I remember your old problem. Is it Hubris-syndrome, or something else?
But do not worry, you can be in good company here.
Old is true, sage is probably not. But I definitely tend to know a bit more about this lovely game, compared to the exorbitant crowd, including the frustrated and the ever-aggressive, including yourself.
Would have been wise if you could stay silent, for just a day or two...

The only difference between you and this forum's userbase is your word count and delusions of grandeur. Really, tell me one thing you've said in the past few pages that hasn't been said multiple times already? If the extent of your knowledge is just a variation of what's countlessly repeated (albeit with verbiage) here, then it's not really as impressive as you think.

Last edited:

jairzinho

The problem are ALL over the pitch. Defense is the worst of course starting with Olaf Ter Choker in goal. Two hopeless CBS who need to go asap and the worst player in the squad Busquets.

If Aruajo was fit he would have started for sure. RK took a gamble on starting Pique and it backfired tremendously to say the least. He was probably banking on Pique providing some experience and leadership but the guy hadn't started in months. To be fair though, it's not like the alternatives (Mingueza and Umtiti) were any better.

In midfield, Busquets was a calamity which isn't surprising but the alternatives don't give any comfort to be honest. Maybe a combination of Frenkie-Pjanic-Pedri/Puig would have fared better but by how much? In any event i think we would have been steamrolled in the same fashion because our players cannot win duels. From open play, aerially or on the ground, defensive transitions and especially set pieces. It is a fundamental problem with this team.

Even if you try to establish some control with possession there will be always moments where you have to suffer when the other team is in possession and our players can't cope with that. All the games that we've lost now, Juve, Bayern LFC, PSG etc once you up the ante on this team, we pretty much fall flat.

If you look at PSG for example, Veratti was able to establish some control but the important thing is there was also an enforcer in Gueye and also Paredes who is a combative player that can push forward aswell. Every team has this element to it. we are the only ones with neat and tidy players in midfield, not that there's anything wrong with that but you need some balance and also some defensive discipline.

Up front? We needed a 9, to hold the ball up, create space with runs, give Mariquinhos and Kimpembe something to think about, make them work, shithousery etc. There was no one who could provide that sadly.

Home of Barca Fans