Ronald Koeman

Richard.H

Also has the reason for him shunning Puig been released? I think he would do very well in mid with pedri. Crazy that he?s completely gone from the squad

fergus90

Also has the reason for him shunning Puig been released? I think he would do very well in mid with pedri. Crazy that he?s completely gone from the squad

I completely agree but Puig is finished under Koeman, he's way too arrogant and stubborn to accept he might be wrong. He only got promoted because fans and journalists lashed out when news broke that he was surplus this season and should be loaned.

Sailor Mars

The football hasn't been as ugly as last season, so thats a plus.

Koeman has largely been given the same team as last year without any real gamechanging additions to the team.

This is a transition year and I'm fine if the team doesnt necessarily compete for the league as long as he gives opportunities to the youth.

But he atleast has got to stay in the top 4 and qualify for Champions League. Being in the bottom half of the table after this many games is dissappointing.

raedkuwait

He was a shooting master, first thing he must do now is teach these players and tell
Them to shoot more, specially when you are a meter away from the damn goal.

Raketa10

I know we are all mad but Koeman is actually doing a decent job. He is playing youngsters, making subs at halftime when things are not going well and he significantly improved our running and pressing. Furthermore, he has the authority in the locker room. I can agree that he made some mistakes, like subbing Fati off today but apart from that he has been more than ok.

IMHO players are the ones to blame. Our attack simply isn't delivering. Pre-covid Messi would have scored 3 or 4 goals in the last two games (Juve and Alaves). Our attack needs at least 10 chances to score 1 goal. Furthermore our defense is horrible. Lenglet alone has costed us 6 points, Neto made a huge mistake today and what's even worse Real has the help of VAR.

Koeman requested the signings of Garcia, Depay and Wijnaldum and got none of them. With all that in mind, I suppose we can agree that he is doing a good job. If our main players start to deliver things should improve significantly.

Last edited:

SeloBarca

h.jpg

mssarm

Actually I don’t think Koeman is doing bad job. It’s too early to tell. Everyone was OK with trophieless season when he got appointed because we were rebuilding the squad. We have lot of new players, he is trying to figure out the starting lineup. Let’s just be patient, it’s not like we have good options for coach.

SmilerBam

The Fati substitution was abysmal.Also,i don't really see what he sees in Trincao,very average player.Other than that,we play with better intensity than last year surely,but if we keep losing points like this,it won't matter.He won't be here in January if the results will continue like this.

snowy

Ray Hudson was saying how he's still working out the kinks and trying to figure out the best team.

This one the best attacking starting 11 me thinks

Ansu (Konrad) - Messi / (BraithW) - Demb / Trink H20 :jason2::jacko::rip:
Puig/Couti - Pedri (Griez)
Frenkie/Pjanic
Firpo/Alba - Lenglet/Araujo - Araujo/Pique - Dest / (Bob) (Moussa)
Neto/MaTs​

in parenthesis are the subs to be used only vs weak opposition and when we're leading.

Bein commentators rippin on Bouze are idiots. Dude was trying some good stuff but when Pique, Griezz and Bob yelled at him in unison, he put on the breaks and started back-passing. That sucks

Messi's cardio was not an issue today. He kept the intensity till the end but to avoid muscle injuries, best to start him only in 2nd halves at least every 3rd game or so

Devils

His game management is nothing short of terrible.

-Ridiculous starting line-ups with no consistency
-Terrible subs
-Refusing to bench players (Busi, Roberto) who are just awful most of the time

I mean, subbing Fati off when he was killing them, subbing Dest on at LB, starting Busi...this cat is amateur hour.

Richard.H

If by January we still out of top 4 i could see him sacked. Question is, who would even bother to manage this team? Could EV come back? Messigician would cream his pants.

Home of Barca Fans