JamDav1982

The strongest lineup we can field at the moment in a 4-2-3-1 is IMO:

---------------------Neto-------------------
Roberto-----Pique-------Lenglet------Alba
-----------Pjanić------------FDJ------------
Dembele/Trincao--Cou/Griez----------Fati
---------------------Messi------------------

-No Coutinho on LW. PLEASE.
-Only one of Coutinho and Griezmann should be on the field, unless Messi is not playing. Depends on what we needand on form. Neither should be wingers.
-REAL WINGERS please
-Messi at ST

But that has some serious issues:
-Get a real RB ASAP. No to Bob again.
-Give some quality minutes to Araujo, use Pique sparingly.

The line up will be same as last game.

Coutinho be AM from left and Messi will be up top when other team on ball and Griezmann will be RW and they will swap depending on where Messi is.

Fati will be LW.

Porque

Messi contract is up in Summer. His continuation is dependent on a different board. I'd say this is as good a chance as ever of seeing Messi having reduced minutes if not performing.

But Koeman will start the season with Messi, Busquets, Griezmann, Coutinho all starting and only bench any if they are not performing after a prolonged number of games- while someone else is also knocking down the door.

I'm looking down the contract expirations and ter Stegen, Dembele, Sergi Roberto, Pique all expire in 2022 though.

I'm actually more worried that some Catalan Lives Matter mofo gets voted in and renews all of Messi, Sergi Roberto and Pique next summer while sacking Koeman irrespective of all's performances.

Last edited:

Messigician

Ronald Koeman: "I'm not the bad guy in the Su?rez situation. It was the decision of the club. I respect Su?rez a lot." [via @Alfremartinezz]

Porque

He said that it was a decision of him and the club. Not just himself. The quote above gives a different shade. Journalists gonna journalist.

khaled_a_d

Suarez himself said coach didn't count on him.
It didn't seem he had a problem with Koeman tbh, but more on Bartou
Koeman is really not a part of this, and he needs to isolate the squad from those distractions

JohnN

RK actually said he told Suarez his minutes would be less but if he stayed he would count on him. That seems pretty decent if it's true and Suarez could easily contradict it if it's not.

FinBarcelonafan

RK actually said he told Suarez his minutes would be less but if he stayed he would count on him. That seems pretty decent if it's true and Suarez could easily contradict it if it's not.

That's reasonable. As long as we didn't play him over sixty percent of the games.

Home of Barca Fans