Ronald Koeman

Horatio

You're welcome
Netherlands
Netherlands is weaker than Croatia and Italy. It's just the way it is now.
Netherlands constant new players trying to get shoehorned in. Lot of players not built chemistry. Think fit NL is stronger than this Italy. Croatia is a mental beast.

jamrock

NL definitely has more talent back to front that Croatia & Italy.

But we all know who we shouldn't put our money on if the dutch face those teams

Messigician

Ronald Koeman in early May: "I don't expect Messi to return to Barcelona. Busquets will leave, Jordi Alba isn't certain to stay too and these 3 are close friends... It wouldn't surprise me if they would leave for Inter Miami or Saudi Arabia together."

@Barcaman Dutch Koemander vindicated?

Messi983

"From outside, I think that the signings can be discussed. You can discuss the years of the players or if it is future. Neither economically nor sportingly, the future is being looked at a lot," said Ronald Koeman who was asked about the signing of Ilkay Gündogan, one of those already experienced players that Barça wanted to sign to immediately raise the level of the squad.

"I like the arrival of Gundogan because he is a great player, but I think that for a club that has to look to the future, I believe that the structure of the club has to be for the coming years. You cannot argue about Gundogan or Lewandowski, but I think it's only for two or three years. You can't sign players like these every season. I think it's better to sign 22-year-olds, not 32 or 34", the Dutchman specified.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
"From outside, I think that the signings can be discussed. You can discuss the years of the players or if it is future. Neither economically nor sportingly, the future is being looked at a lot," said Ronald Koeman who was asked about the signing of Ilkay Gündogan, one of those already experienced players that Barça wanted to sign to immediately raise the level of the squad.

"I like the arrival of Gundogan because he is a great player, but I think that for a club that has to look to the future, I believe that the structure of the club has to be for the coming years. You cannot argue about Gundogan or Lewandowski, but I think it's only for two or three years. You can't sign players like these every season. I think it's better to sign 22-year-olds, not 32 or 34", the Dutchman specified.
Just wanted to post that :) He is spot on.

We look for short term solutions and then leave the mess to next president who then blames the previous and we go in circle.

Porque

It's a nice sentiment but we have no transfer margin right now. We're struggling to incorporate Fresneda for 10m + Add-ons reportedly, because we need to sell 65% more than that fee (more or less) just to sign him this window.

And let's not forget, Fresneda would be coming for the position that Koeman then 20 year old Dest for 21m.

And also, didn't Koeman want Wijnaldum who was 30 at the time for midfield?

serghei

It's a nice sentiment but we have no transfer margin right now. We're struggling to incorporate Fresneda for 10m + Add-ons reportedly, because we need to sell 65% more than that fee (more or less) just to sign him this window.

And let's not forget, Fresneda would be coming for the position that Koeman then 20 year old Dest for 21m.

And also, didn't Koeman want Wijnaldum who was 30 at the time for midfield?

Koeman makes these comments because he is still bitter that Laporta sacked him. Barca is among the big teams that gave the most minutes to youngsters last year, according to statistics.

We are after top old players simply because the ones that are top class and in their prime cost 100m+ or close to that range. And we already have too many youngsters who need to prove themselves.

We'd never get close to signing someone like Gundogan right now if he wasn't 33 and free agent.

Home of Barca Fans