Ronald Koeman

JPM85

We'll play double pivot apparently. Frenkie-Pjanic?

Should already have been done last year, as everyone on the midfield except for FDJ lack fitness and can't run.
Why would you buy Europe best midfielder of 18/19, who plays double pivot on club and national level, and want to play him as kind of LM/LW type of player.

Same accounts from Coutinho and Griezmann, buy them and play them out of position.
Last year we saw one great game from Griezmann, when he went on playing 'false 10/9', he played our CF in posession and dropped back to cover the space Messi doesn't want to take anymore when we needed to defend.
Was the game against Villareal-away, I believe.

serghei

Even ih he does only that he would do more than majority of our recent coaches.
Like you say, it's that simple, we need football basics and then everything else...and I remember EV crying about last magical pass missing, like that's our problem!

Yea, we don't even have an engine on our car and we're worried about side mirrors and tail lights.

jairzinho

The board is just using Koeman to blame everything in case the team fails next season which is highly likely.
It will take years for the current and future board to get rid of all the seniors to refresh the squad and mentality and Koeman won't be here by the time the club is back to half-decent.

Koeman is Barto's hatchet man. That's one of the primary reasons he's here. Clear out the dead wood, let the seniors know their time is up. Remove the player power from the dressing room. Shake up the entire squad. Basically he's stirring the pot right now. If anything he will lay the foundation for the rebuild and possibly oversee the start of it himself.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
So Suarez is out after all. We at least need to replace Busquets as well and then we can have a genuine change in team mobility. Pique and Alba could stay even but I am worried about their mentality.

jairzinho

So Suarez is out after all. We at least need to replace Busquets as well and then we can have a genuine change in team mobility. Pique and Alba could stay even but I am worried about their mentality.

In all likelihood, Frenkie is the replacement for Busquets.

Porque

Busquets has to be out of the 11. But if he comes to terms with being a backup then he might be ok to keep.

Good news is that after Suarez is gone then no one is going to feel indispensable.

On a final note, I am sure there will be interest in Busquets if we were to sell him. He still has legs (lol) for Serie A while I am sure Xavi and Iniesta could help orchestrate moves for him.

behindbrowneyes

Get the fitness and intensity in trainings back on. And see everything how it goes from there. It's that simple. You can't do anything in 2020, when the opponent outruns you by almost 20 kms in a match. It's abysmal.

This.
No more lax training sessions for the seniors. Recent CL history with Liverpool and Bayern shows that hard-working players and teams who act as a unit are the most successful. Barca needs to defend as a team and to attack as a team. Who isn't fit enough to do his fair share of work should be max on the bench.

Also, statements like this need to stop.
?The most important thing, whether you are a coach, player or employee at Bar?a, is knowing that you are the best club in the world. Nothing is better. We are all very lucky to be part of this club.?

Don't know if it is taken out of context or if Koeman said it exactly like this. Confidence is good and players need to value that they are playing for Barcelona more, but saying this is the best club in the world not only sounds butthurt, it isn't true either. Bartomeu also likes to say it. It's just embarrassing after what happened in Rome, Liverpool and Lisbon.

Vilarrubi

Koeman has told Rakitić and Umtiti that they will not be counted on next season. [cat radio]

da91e36b206705d1a0338be80ec067bd10a1ee38_00.gif

Dropping like flies. Let’s hope he keeps this up.

FinBarcelonafan

So Coutinho would stay. What is Koemam thinking? Again a team without wingers?

Coutinho, Messi, Lautaro(?), Griezmann in attack maybe you can add Dembele/Fati
. How can you fit all the players into lineup? We need more wingers anyway. Trincao hopefully.

Coutinho failed as a winger.

Messigician

Koeman I'm warning you, don't do anything you will regret), this board will not hesitate to scapegoat you mid season. Make it very clear to the fans what those scummy Muppets are trying to get away with

FinBarcelonafan

Koeman I'm warning you, don't do anything you will regret), this board will not hesitate to scapegoat you mid season. Make it very clear to the fans what those scummy Muppets are trying to get away with

Koeman is here only for the cleaning. He will be fired in a year. This can't end well. He is doing very a important but unthankful job. He is doing Bartos dirty work.

I wish him all the best but I don't see how this ends well for Koeman. Long-term for Barca? Very important and needed. He is the saviour.

Devils

Confirmed: He's told Suarez, Umtiti, Rakitic and Vidal to leave

No updates: Busi

Likely to stay: Messi, Pique and Alba

Home of Barca Fans