Ronald Koeman

Joan

His lack of subs before min 80 is strange. I believe in the last five years only Lucho and setien fully utilized subs. Valverde and koeman seem to be against it

Doesn't have options from the bench as he counts on only 11 players. We've got some gameplan which falls apart as soon as an important starter is subbed off.

Tricky bit is... doesn't work if you run your 11 into ground, either.

malvolio

we got lucky to hit some form with those easy games, but when the chips are down we crumble. season well and truly over. shit players, shit manager.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
3-4 players looked dead. It doesn't matter who you sub in, can't be worse than walking dead.

Can't forgive him for that. Hope he learns.

Sailor Mars

I would've preferred he rotate the starters for this cup, but maybe he tried to do this broke club a solid by winning it and getting the extra prize money.

Raketa10

3-4 players looked dead. It doesn't matter who you sub in, can't be worse than walking dead.

Can't forgive him for that. Hope he learns.

It actually can. WTF do Trincao, Pjanic and Martin provide on the field? Absolutely nothing! He doesn't rotate because he simply has no bench. His tactics were horrible but can't blame him for not playing clowns we have on the bench.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
we got lucky to hit some form with those easy games, but when the chips are down we crumble. season well and truly over. shit players, shit manager.

Wtf? :lol: we literally lost in an irrelevant tournament. If we crash out of Copa and bottle it vs PSG, then yes, the season could be considered over.

Raketa10

Some of you should accept the fact that finishing in top 4 should be our main goal this season. Anything else is a bonus. There is no chance we'll win against PSG. Furthermore, Copa is basically irrelevant competition, similar to this Supercopa circus. No one cares about that.

serghei

Some of you should accept the fact that finishing in top 4 should be our main goal this season. Anything else is a bonus. There is no chance we'll win against PSG. Furthermore, Copa is basically irrelevant competition, similar to this Supercopa circus. No one cares about that.

The decisions Koeman takes are important to decide if he should get more time or not. As for objectives, good performances against PSG, winning Copa del Rey except if we play against Madrid (were it's 50-50), finishing top 4 are reasonable targets that should be achieved.

Richard.H

Doesn't have options from the bench as he counts on only 11 players. We've got some gameplan which falls apart as soon as an important starter is subbed off.

Tricky bit is... doesn't work if you run your 11 into ground, either.

Completely disagree. Pjanic is not that much worse than Busi to give him some rest. Puig is a legit sub/rotation option for Pedri who looked clearly tired. I?ve also been impressed with the few items I?ve seen Konrad. He looks better to me than trincao. Firpo another option who could give Alba some rest

serghei

For me, Copa this season is a big objective. It would be nice to win a serious trophy during rebuilding and not be empty handed 2nd season in a row. That's why I'm not comfortable going away at some low tier team who run like mad dogs and give everything, while having players who are tired and can't run. The difference in quality goes out of the window often in these cases.

serghei

Completely disagree. Pjanic is not that much worse than Busi to give him some rest. Puig is a legit sub/rotation option for Pedri who looked clearly tired. I?ve also been impressed with the few items I?ve seen Konrad. He looks better to me than trincao. Firpo another option who could give Alba some rest

Yea... you have to find options. Players who can't run due to fatigue aren't useful. It's the worst strategy.

Joan

Yeah, I tend to agree. Must've got me wrong. But for those players to perform, he must give them time often. To adjust to the team.

Pjanic has been hot and cold, but should really play more to bond with the team. Same with others.

fergus90

For me, Copa this season is a big objective. It would be nice to win a serious trophy during rebuilding and not be empty handed 2nd season in a row. That's why I'm not comfortable going away at some low tier team who run like mad dogs and give everything, while having players who are tired and can't run. The difference in quality goes out of the window often in these cases.

Yeah I agree I'm not sure why people are downplaying it. All this finish top 4 and that's the objective, for what? To potentially have another poor season without trophies again the season after. Silverware is silverware and you never know when the next trophy is gonna come along.

It's not so black and white as finish top 4 this season have a miraculous rebuild in the summer and think the season after is the season we win trophies again.

Home of Barca Fans