Ronald Koeman

Barcilliant

I've always backed him. He's done alot of things right and a few things wrong. He's also not afraid to change things or drop out of form players. He's also brought in alot of young players in partially through sheer necessity but they've done well. He's only had ONE signing. Compare this to Shitverde who had a ton of signings, the academy to pick from and still turned us into a la liga Brighton.
The new board should get Garcia and Gini. We need a more dynamic midfielder and we need another cb.

JamDav1982

Not sure about Griezman. Odd so see him on the left.

Griezmann according to trnsfrmrkt has started only 4 games from left this season and has 3 goals and 3 assists and even game didnt score in had the most shots.. not that failing to score is a good thing but was getting chances.

In the other 18 games he has 4 goals and 1 assist.

The LW position in this set up does seem to suit him more and not being a LW with a CF like Suarez surely helps as more or less have to be a player that takes ball and runs at team as isolated more and less players moving off ball.

The LW does seem to be the one that suits him more this season when played there.

vegitot

I've always backed him. He's done alot of things right and a few things wrong. He's also not afraid to change things or drop out of form players. He's also brought in alot of young players in partially through sheer necessity but they've done well. He's only had ONE signing. Compare this to Shitverde who had a ton of signings, the academy to pick from and still turned us into a la liga Brighton.
The new board should get Garcia and Gini. We need a more dynamic midfielder and we need another cb.

Valverde wanted Pajero, not Coutinho or Griezmann btw. And academy players are mediocre at best.

behindbrowneyes

Valverde wanted Pajero, not Coutinho or Griezmann btw. And academy players are mediocre at best.

auto-pajero_17390249cfd_large.jpg

Laplacian

Garcia is literally at best mediocre whenever he plays for City. lol

Not having a go but what about Garcia's performances made you think he would be a consistent member of our backline in the future?

In my opinion he's not got the physicality, awareness or redeeming pace to compete in the PL. He's pretty good on the ball but apart from that I never saw him as more than a backup player, especially at a club with aspirations as high as City do.

Probably because of the fact he single handedly has lost us games by being absolutely dog shit

https://www.reddit.com/r/MCFC/comments/knxfds/looks_like_its_official_that_garcia_is_leaving/

As someone who watches the PL, I don't understand why this forum is so obsessed with Garcia. You all shit on Lenglet for making mistakes, but Garcia is probably just as bad or even worse. He's also pretty short (shorter than his listed height), and he's slow. Why do you guys want him? The transfer makes no sense other than "lol he's young he might be good in the future", "la masia", and "cheap." lol

Gini's someone I wouldn't mind with at best a 3 year contract.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

https://www.reddit.com/r/MCFC/comments/knxfds/looks_like_its_official_that_garcia_is_leaving/

As someone who watches the PL, I don't understand why this forum is so obsessed with Garcia. You all shit on Lenglet for making mistakes, but Garcia is probably just as bad or even worse. He's also pretty short (shorter than his listed height), and he's slow. Why do you guys want him? The transfer makes no sense other than "lol he's young he might be good in the future", "la masia", and "cheap." lol

We have no money, he is homegrown and will come for free. Anyways, he is coming 100% so we should just accept it.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
So because we have no money it's okay to go for a cheap subpar player...? Okay. You guys will all be whining about him within two years.

Yes I will be if my apprehension about him turns out to be true. However, signing a promising CB on a free is a no-brainer - same as we signed Todibo and will sell for profit, for example. We need depth at CB. Besides, I saw you complaining a couple of times about signing Garcia, but what is your realistic proposition? Who should we sign for CB and where can we get those funds from? It really seems to me that it is you who is whining before we even saw the guy play for us. Getting Garcia for free in a world where we paid 18m for Braithwaite is a step in the right direction.

Last edited:

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Yes I will be if my apprehension about him turns out to be true. However, signing a promising CB on a free is a no-brainer - same as we signed Todibo and will sell for profit, for example. We need depth at CB. Besides, I saw you complaining a couple of times about signing Garcia, but what is your realistic proposition? Who should we sign for CB and where can we get those funds from? It really seems to me that it is you who is whining before we even saw the guy play for us. Getting Garcia for free in a world where we paid 18m for Braithwaite is a step in the right direction.

How is that a step in the right direction? He's going to end up occupying a place in the squad that could go to someone with a profile we actually need. He doesn't really provide the cover we need as his profile is way too similar to players we already have, which has been and will continue to be an issue if brought here. The only positive would be potentially selling him on for a profit.

I'd be more inclined if he was bought with the intention to try take busquets positions in midfield while also being able to cover at cb and that historically hasn't ever really worked out for us.

Barcilliant

He will come for free and surely be better than Umtiti. If he flops he's young and we can sell for a decent price. Win win situation.

Laplacian

How is that a step in the right direction? He's going to end up occupying a place in the squad that could go to someone with a profile we actually need. He doesn't really provide the cover we need as his profile is way too similar to players we already have, which has been and will continue to be an issue if brought here. The only positive would be potentially selling him on for a profit.

I'd be more inclined if he was bought with the intention to try take busquets positions in midfield while also being able to cover at cb and that historically hasn't ever really worked out for us.

Yes, thank you. I've said it before even if it has "no cost" there's still cost: squad bloat. I also genuinely don't understand the counter-arguments: there's an abundance of evidence that he's at best mediocre, but we should still buy him because he's free/cheap and might come good in the future. We might as well take punts on players like Dan James if that's our criteria now.

Home of Barca Fans