Rodrygo

Catta

Who the hell is this guy. Another Brazilian that hasn't even played 30 professional games in his career and is suddenly worth 50 mil. Our board just loves to throw money away for average overhyped Brazlians.

Messi983

[tw]1000117482630369281[/tw]

Don't know why we are so obssessed with this kid. Yes, he could be the next Neymar but he could even easier become one of the hundreds of the overhyped "next big things from Brazil" that have failed when they came to Europe. On the other hand Justin Kluivert is close to joining Roma for 15-20M. I would rather buy him and loan back to Ajax or to another club for a year or two. He's a Barca fan so he could accept that.

I have no idea who of them will have a better career but if I would have to choose between a kid from Brazil with zero European experience for 40-50M or the other one from Eredivisie for probably half the price I would take the second option every day.

Devils

We’re signing attacking players to set us for the next decade but can’t sign a top CM to save our lives. :lol:

khaled_a_d

Don't know why we are so obssessed with this kid. Yes, he could be the next Neymar but he could even easier become one of the hundreds of the overhyped "next big things from Brazil" that have failed when they came to Europe. On the other hand Justin Kluivert is close to joining Roma for 15-20M. I would rather buy him and loan back to Ajax or to another club for a year or two. He's a Barca fan so he could accept that.

I have no idea who of them will have a better career but if I would have to choose between a kid from Brazil with zero European experience for 40-50M or the other one from Eredivisie for probably half the price I would take the second option every day.

You really like loaning players back to Ajax,don't you?
People said the same thing about Neymar, he is another overhyped Brazilian but he turned into the real deal. I remember many said that Gotze/Reus etc are way better and they are the players we should go for. But it turned out we are right.
Don't know how good is Rodrygo, considering he just completed 17 less than 5 months ago, but I won't put him yet in comparison with overhyped kid like JK who has Raiola and broken relationship with Ajax. It doesn't make sense tbh

Trickykid

Who the hell is this guy. Another Brazilian that hasn't even played 30 professional games in his career and is suddenly worth 50 mil. Our board just loves to throw money away for average overhyped Brazlians.

Which average overhyped Brazilians did this board sign? Unless you're counting Arthur (which, at this point would be pretty fucking stupid), you're down to Douglas and Marlon, and neither of those were overhyped in the least. Bad, yes, but cheap.

xXKonan

Which average overhyped Brazilians did this board sign? Unless you're counting Arthur (which, at this point would be pretty fucking stupid), you're down to Douglas and Marlon, and neither of those were overhyped in the least. Bad, yes, but cheap.
I wouldn't even put Marlon and Douglas in the same sentence together. One is actually pretty decent and could make it in europe somewhere and the other struggled even in Brazil and was a failed cheap gamble.

Trickykid

I wouldn't even put Marlon and Douglas in the same sentence together. One is actually pretty decent and could make it in europe somewhere and the other struggled even in Brazil and was a failed cheap gamble.

I agree with that. The point I was trying to make was that neither were overhyped.

xXKonan

I agree with that. The point I was trying to make was that neither were overhyped.
I didn't even know who Douglas was. I just seen the rumors and Sport's front cover and I was like who the hell is this guy, then I seen what people who watched him in Brazil had to say about him and I knew it wasn't going to be pretty.

Seems like we were originally after Rodrigo Caio who to be fair at the time was rated pretty highly but he suffered a bad knee injury. But if I remember correctly the only two other Brazilian players we signed who hyped up were Both Keirrison and Henrique, both at the time being young talents.

Henrique ended up being to slow for Europe and Keirrison we all know what happened with him despite scoring a decent amount in his first couple of years in Brazil. But to be fair those two + Douglas shouldn't be used against us for signing players from Brazil as it can happen to any team.

jamrock

What's with us & going to Brazil to find players like seriously its been almost entirely bad news when we do that

FinBarcelonafan

What's with us & going to Brazil to find players like seriously its been almost entirely bad news when we do that

Neymar, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Alves etc. If you look at our history. Brazilians have been very good for us. Brazil is one of the top countries producing, of course we have to scout there and search for players.

jamrock

Neymar, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Alves etc. If you look at our history. Brazilians have been very good for us. Brazil is one of the top countries producing, of course we have to scout there and search for players.

Of all those only 1 played in South America when we bought them
Our record with those type of players is crap

MTL_Barca

People said the same thing about Neymar, he is another overhyped Brazilian but he turned into the real deal. I remember many said that Gotze/Reus etc are way better and they are the players we should go for. But it turned out we are right.
Don't know how good is Rodrygo, considering he just completed 17 less than 5 months ago, but I won't put him yet in comparison with overhyped kid like JK who has Raiola and broken relationship with Ajax. It doesn't make sense tbh

Well when we bought him Neymar already was dominating the Brazilian league and played for the national team too. These super young guys like Vinicius or Rodrygo on the other hand only have a couple games on adult level football so signing them for 40-50M is a huge risk no matter how much talent they have. For this to be worth it they pretty much have to end up as world class attackers since "decent" players that already adapted to European top leagues cost the same or even less.

Messi983

1. I don't like loaning players back exclusively to Ajax. My point was that Kluivert is not ready for Barça and it would be better for him to keep developing at Ajax for another year or two but we could also loan him to another club if he'd agree with that.

2. Neymar was the best player in Brazil for 2 or 3 years when we've bought him, it's hard to compare him to Rodrygo who hasn't done anything yet in his career.

3. IIRC we've had a debate about Raiola in the past and I've said to you I dislike him so I obviously don't like the fact that he's JK's agent. And it's probably also the reason why we won't go after him. That said, Patrick Kluivert was my favourite player back in the days and one of the reasons why I started supporting Barça so I'm probably biased here as I'd like to see Justin also play for us some day but as said above I don't think he's ready for that yet. And you are right he's overhyped (but so are most young talents) and maybe he'll never be good enough but if we're looking for future players I would still rather risk with him if we can get him for probably half of the Rodrygo's price. But right now I think we should focus on our immediate needs (players that will help us next season) and if there will be some money left we can then go securing future transfers like Rodrygo later in the summer or even during the next season.

Home of Barca Fans