Rodrygo

Beside being Messi's BFF, don't think selling Suarez was ever part of trying to get Griezmann. So Suarez's salary should not have been accounted as additional money board has to pay.

The board should not have been CALM assuming Barca's 15m can outduel ATM's 23m + Lemar + Sidibi and NOT have a plan B until after the decision.

Joan

You know that how exactly? Catalan media told you? The same guys who reported Eriksen is our plan B?

Griezmann had an offer, he refused to come. That's it. We gave it all.

Maybe they did have a plan B, Maybe they did not. Too many unreliable media reports out there.

the board had unrealistic expectations banking 100m on Griezmann's leaving.

If Rodrygo and Lemar are still available, wouldn't board at least bid for them with this new found wealth?

You call 15m vs. 23m giving it all?

Can you expect Griezmann at 27 to take less money than a 31 Suarez? The difference is NOT just in the 4 years.

Last edited:

Nothanks

we don't need lemar, nor do we need rodygo

i think this is just some fans getting inpatient in the transfer market before it's even begun.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Real Madrid keeps stocking top talent in Spain and South America, we keep missing out.

I know, I know, 50m is too much for an unproven talent, he will turn out shit. But he might turn out good too and by that time 50m is like 20m today.

The Asensio episode keeps running and running and running. We never learn.

Givenchy

Real Madrid keeps stocking top talent in Spain and South America, we keep missing out.

I know, I know, 50m is too much for an unproven talent, he will turn out shit. But he might turn out good too and by that time 50m is like 20m today.

The Asensio episode keeps running and running and running. We never learn.

agree about Asensio but signing unknowns from Brazil? sounds like a bad idea. Arthur is enough of a risk, Madrid are just obsessed with finding the next Neymar at this stage.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
agree about Asensio but signing unknowns from Brazil? sounds like a bad idea. Arthur is enough of a risk, Madrid are just obsessed with finding the next Neymar at this stage.

None of them has to be as good as Neymar, if they turn out half as good as Neymar it is a win for Real Madrid (plus they can always sell them). As I told BBZ before, if you never play lottery you will never hit the jackpot. We are someone who rarely plays lottery and is just waiting to pay 100m plus to pluck established players away from established clubs after they prove themselves. Well, good luck with that approach. Our supplies of money is not unlimited and other clubs are not pushovers.

El Gato

Villarato!
Yup. The man is right. It's kind of standard, except there probably is an element of Perez fishing for the talent Barto goes after, because they can out-negotiate Segura et al.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It is OK that we don't buy those talent if we have our own in La Masia and promote them like we did a lot in the past. Do we? Who is the our next most promising AM? How about striker/forward in the academy?

It is just so conservative and short-sighted and stupid honestly to think we will be able to land the next established, proven stars from other established European clubs because we are FC Barcelona. If Griezmann has not taught us anything, nothing will.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yup. The man is right. It's kind of standard, except there probably is an element of Perez fishing for the talent Barto goes after, because they can out-negotiate Segura et al.

I really wish we had your guy as our president. He spends his money wisely, on where it matters the most (future talents) and he doesn't succumb to his players' insatiable demands on salary easily (unlike ours), he runs a tight ship. Ours? We spend most of our money on salaries and making expensive transfers. We only plan for the immediate future, one or two seasons tops where you guys look to the next 5 or even 10 years perhaps. The sporting side of our club is just so fucked up.

Joan

Isn't our transfer budget 60m? :thinking:

Spending 50m on players with only a bunch of professional games in Brazil is luxury we can't afford.

Devils

This is the exact repeat of Vinicius lmao.

We were the first linked with him and then Madrid came in and signed him.

Not surprised though. Santos hates our guts over the Neymar fiasco.

BBZ8800

Luft, if we have let's say 200m to spend this summer.

Would you rather spend:
1) 200m on proven players and 0m on youngsters and trying to win a Cl while we still have Messi?
2) spend 100m on proven players and 100m on lottery youngsters?
3) spending all money on Arthurs, Rodrigos, Frenkies and similar and screw shortterm future, Cls and Messi?

Remember, when Messi will be gone, we'll suck and then you will have all the time and money in the world for Arthurs, Rodrygos, Saviolas, Keirrisons and similar.

You can't have both.
Rodrygo costs like 2-3 Lenglets or like 1 De Light.
Also, Rodrygo (who, lol?) costs almost the same as Thiago.
For example, who do you think will offer more in the next 3-4 years?
Arthur, Rodrygo or someone proven like Thiago?

It's not that simple and just go out and buy Dembele for 150m, Lemar for 70m, Rodrygo for 60m, Arthur for 40m, Frenkie for 40m etc.

Even these guys alone cost 360m.
You can buy let's say Thiago, Eriksen and Bale for that money.
Have them and win trophies for 5-6-7 years.

mia7007

Enough for Brazilian players. I am happy we did not get him
I prefer EU players who are familiar with European football even in smaller leagues and will not take non EU spot which is already a problem for us
I would put these 50 in De Jong or De Light rather than Rodrygo

Devils

Well Real Madrid can afford to make these investments as they don't really have any areas in their squad that need immediate attention. Maybe they could use a new striker, but that's a rare commodity in this market and no one who is seemingly available really meets their standard.

Their defensive line is untouchable, their midfield is stacked and their attack is solid as well.

At most they could get a new striker and gk, but even that is pushing it.

Why not take a gamble on promising talent if little investment is needed elsewhere?

Home of Barca Fans