Rodrigo Caio

Muttu

Personal information:
Full name - Rodrigo Caio Coquette Russo
Date of birth - August 17, 1993 (age 20)
Place of birth - Dracena, Brazil
Height - 1.82 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)
Playing position - Centre back / Defensive midfielder
Current team - São Paulo

rodrigo_caio_b43a001d4c86cdf31e03b52dc1348886.jpg

Style of play -

Rodrigo Caio is known for his versatility. In 2012, in a 3-2 victory against Santos FC, valid by State League, he played as a right back, with the responsibility to be Neymar's marking man. After the game, Rodrigo Caio was praised by the press for annulling the santista forward. He executed movimento do escorpião (In English, Scorpion Movement), a well known move in futsal, to prevent some dribbles and shots from Joia.
(source:wikipedia)

Reportedly we're scouting this guy, anyone seen him play? :)

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So he has only played in the state league?

Need Flavia, Brazilfan, Cbfpaulinho4 etc here.

BTW, The club is scouting him for the B team according to SPORT.

I

instinct

I'd love to sign a young, talented centre-back. I prefer one of these players to the likes of Mathieu etc. tbh. If we somehow manage to get a decent CB who develops like Varane, I'll be more than happy.

xavi_the_Boss

So he played at that Toulon Tournament with Marquinhos and Doria so i guess he played in Midfield (anyone knows more?)
He won a Player of the tournament Award though and apparently was very impressive.Could be a interesting Player for us.

L

linetty

In 2012, in a 3-2 victory against Santos FC, valid by State League, he played as a right back, with the responsibility to be Neymar's marking man. After the game, Rodrigo Caio was praised by the press for annulling the santista forward. He executed movimento do escorpião (In English, Scorpion Movement), a well known move in futsal, to prevent some dribbles and shots from Joia.
I've seen a video of that game and have to say it was really impressive from him.

Able to play RB/CB/DM, could be a good option having in mind some lads we've been linked to...

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Utility players. Utility players everywhere.

Might be good to have a few of those. And Lucho is known to like multivalent players.

xXKonan

[tw]1075880110321008640[/tw]

[tw]1075883591412920320[/tw]

Seems like the Club talked with Sao Paulo in regards to a player that is Caio as a possible fourth defender and backup for Busi. But after we signed Murillo things cooled off a bit in regards to interest.

Yeah Not really a fan of Rodrigo Caio now. We were interested in him back in 2014 but he suffered a bad knee injury and instead we got Douglas who was his teammate at the time.

Home of Barca Fans