Robinho

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Yeah he's talking shit, so tell him that, don't tell him he can't say it because he's a Barça fan. The guy's clearly ignorant so tell him about City's history, the exciting players, the great moments etc. and what it means to be a City fan. I have a lot of respect for what City represented before the takeover, I'm undecided about the new City but to say that MCFC has no history or class is bullshit.

maz

I walk the line
There is one variable that city fans ignore: that if you are building a project the last thing u want is a star player wanting to move away. You are right about everything else..you don't need the money, you wouldn't accept a swap for many of our players, robinho will probably earn more money at city than at fcb... but there is a thing called player power. If robinho wants the move, it will happen. Theres no ifs or buts about it. I dont think he is activiating his player power right now, but be wary of it in the future.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Still not convinced, and I certainly will not believe Mark "of course we didn't make a bid" Hughes.

C

CTID

There is one variable that city fans ignore: that if you are building a project the last thing u want is a star player wanting to move away. You are right about everything else..you don't need the money, you wouldn't accept a swap for many of our players, robinho will probably earn more money at city than at fcb... but there is a thing called player power. If robinho wants the move, it will happen. Theres no ifs or buts about it. I dont think he is activiating his player power right now, but be wary of it in the future.

ACTIVATE PLAYER POWER. i think you've been watching one too many manga cartoons mate lol. :lol:

In all seriousness though Robinho has never once said he is unhappy at City. Quite the opposite. He has said lots of times how much he loves it here. His last comments to date were "I will play for Manchester City for as long as they want me" well guess what guys. We want him.

You heard what the man said. "NO CHANCE".

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
If you've been following football for any more than five minutes you must know that statements of loyalty by footballers don't mean a thing. At the end of the day he will stay at City for one reason and one reason alone: you pay him far more than any other club would. Nothing wrong with that and I'm happy because I think Barça is misguided if we're really after him because I don't believe he has what it takes to succeed at Camp Nou.

Beast

The Observer
If you've been following football for any more than five minutes you must know that statements of loyalty by footballers don't mean a thing. At the end of the day he will stay at City for one reason and one reason alone: you pay him far more than any other club would. Nothing wrong with that and I'm happy because I think Barça is misguided if we're really after him because I don't believe he has what it takes to succeed at Camp Nou.

This ^^^

and this

How do you see your career unfolding?
I want to stay at Real until I am 30, then return to Brazil and play one more year for Santos before I retire.

http://fourfourtwo.com/interviews/qanda/163/article.aspx

And he will be moving to Barca if ever Barca made an official bid but as Gneg said Sparky can't be trusted he talk a lot of shit when it comes to transfers

barSELOna

I think this transfer is so close to finish but of course both side will deny the allegations cuzz henry and pedro can be affected negatively also manchester city players too

desoe

"I'm very happy about the interest that Barcelona have in me, playing in the Nou Camp it is much easier to be the best player in the world than at City."

Now someone will come and tell me that he actually didn't say it, right? :lol:

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
You are missing the point. But i supose i will explain myself, Again. Both the player and the club say he wants to stay. Plus Barca couldn't afford him even if he wanted to go. you would have to offer us one of your prize assets to get him. Not Abidal, Puyol or Henry. And not Toure. Abidal isn't what we need, Puyol is a legend but i think he's a bit passed it now, same as Henry who would never move to another EPL team other than Arsenal anyway and Toure (although he is world class) is another DM when we already have 3 of them.

The thing is other than Henry, All the players linked in a swap deal are defensive players. Why would we swap our star attacker for yet another defensive player?

Another thing that every other fan in England and now it seems here at Barca also dosent understand is how exciting things are at Man City. Barcelona are the greatest team in the world in my opinion. But they are already giants of the game. Man City however is a fresh project which has everything it needs to become a new Giant of the game. A lot of players (especially Robinho) love the idea of becoming a legend at this club. So he and the likes of Adebayor, Kompany, Tevez etc can all say "We were there at the start". This is something unique that only Manchester City can offer.

Rather than Robinho leaving. I'm sure you will see many more world class players joining us. This isn't going to hurt Barcelona though is it. You'll always be fantastic.

As for for the idea of a loan deal LMFAO...It's the funniest thing i've ever heard in football. It's like us saying we will loan Messi from you for 6 months to decide weather we want to but him. It's just stupid. Robinho may not be at Messi's level right now (nobody is) but when he's fit, He is that important to us. He's a talisman at City. A symbol of what we will become.

Why would he want to stay driving a toyota when he can drive a Mercedes? Well that Toyota might just turn into the greatest car on the road. And untill he finds that out. He'll be payed a shit load while he's driving it :lol:

this is a really good post, but if you think that Adebayor, Tevez, Robinho thought that they were joining City to be 'the beginning of something special' you've got some blue-tinted glasses on. Adebayor was kicked out of Arsenal. Tevez kicked out of United. and Robinho kicked out of RMadrid. Adebayor is not on FCB cuz Wenger wouldn't sell him last year (thank goodness), Tevez is not anywhere else because no one but City wanted to pay his release clause (plus they have the added benefit of saying they stole Tevez from their cross-town rivals), and Robinho is not on Chelsea because Roman did not want to spend money on him and City did. It's that simple.

now as for whether or not Robinho comes to FCB, I certainly hope not. Who knows, if he gets here, whether or not Robinho will be saying that he's always wanted to play for AC Milano or Juventus or whomever. I guarantee his agent will start talking to AC Milano and rumours will start to pop up a season or two later that he's going to AC Milano a la Ronaldinho. Mata or Silva, please.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
For all his skills and ability Robinho gets far too much money. Money isn't an issue at City and if you look at the wages we pay some players then we certainly aren't struggling either but he would cost so much. I respect City but they heavily inflate everything it's like they have another company inflating a bouncy castle or something but they charge too much for players who aren't worth that. Robinho can earn the megabucks at City and will eventually get some rewards on the pitch but he shouldn't come near my club unless we get him for the money he's worth.

E

emoshanal830

It would be fantastic if he just stay at Man CT and not come to FCB. Seriously we don't need him.But one thing for sure is you can never be sure of what transfers will take place and what won't. That's really sad because that means he could even be in our squad by January. Let's hope he doesn't end up in our squad. Even Mark Hughes himself would be a better signing. Sorry Man CT fans , but your star player would have to compete with out teenagers to get a place in our line-up.

Home of Barca Fans