Roberto Firmino

BBZ8800

You like Firmino and think he would be the right signing as Suarez' long-term replacement?

I mentioned him a few times 3 years ago before he was hot.
From Liverpool in the past, only Coutinho and Firmino are good enough for us (and now Salah).

Regarding Firmino and Barcelona, he is a weird fit since he is not a true 9.
But we will need a new Cf.
Other options are Icardi, maybe Morata, Kane.

There aren't too many options and a board is probably tired of young attackers after Deulofeu, Paco, Dembele, Malcom and Munir.

So, imo, 90% likely, we will buy some big Cf name and not another new kid from Ajax, French league or Brasil.

So, is Firmino perfect for us? No.
But he is one of the 3-4 best options out there.

From other options, I sooo hate Werner.

So about Firmino: we can wait and play Suarez for 2-3 years, buy Firmino/Icardi/Morata, play 33 years old Messi as a false 9 or buy some new kid and hope that he will be good for a CL level.

Zidane82

His no-look is one of the most stupid and useless trick I have seen.

Ronaldinho loved doing it ..

Check out Firmino on YouTube where he 'blindly' kicks a ball into a basketball net about 30 yards away
https://youtu.be/kNUDIutQDsY

Last edited:

Givenchy

From Liverpool in the past, only Coutinho and Firmino are good enough for us (and now Salah).

There aren't too many options and a board is probably tired of young attackers after Deulofeu, Paco, Dembele, Malcom and Munir.

So, imo, 90% likely, we will buy some big Cf name and not another new kid from Ajax, French league or Brasil.

So about Firmino: we can wait and play Suarez for 2-3 years, buy Firmino/Icardi/Morata, play 33 years old Messi as a false 9 or buy some new kid and hope that he will be good for a CL level.

wait.. Morata? the Chelsea Morata?!

NO. FUCKING. THANK YOU.

the guy is an ex-madridista and hes shit

El Trencaxarxes

The thing about Firmino though, is that he just doesn't score a whole lot. We need someone who can provide goals because the last couple of seasons it's been a Messi and Suárez thing. And pretty exclusively too at that. So far this season the two of them have scored 48% of all our goals (not counting own goals). Last season they scored roughly 60% of our goals. Even in the last season with Neymar, they scored 54% of all our goals. Unless we expect Dembélé or Coutinho to really start scoring a lot then we need someone more dangerous than Firmino. And that's where it gets difficult because the more potent goalscorers out there can't hold a candle to Firmino in so many other aspects of the game. Especially someone like Icardi. The most ridiculous thing is that Paco is one of the strikers, that comes closest to actually fitting the bill all things considered, even though he isn't nearly as active in the buildup as players like Firmino, Aspas (who is too old) or Pépé. I legitimately think André Silva could be a really good option for us.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

It should be an established striker in his prime, no doubt about that.

Kane is probably unrealistic and Morata is crap.

So one of Firmino or Icardi seem to be the best options right now.

soul24rage

I would love to have Kane, but his contract runs till 2024 and with Levy, he's going to be very expensive. Firmino is also going to be expensive with his contract to 2023 and he's a bit old.

Icardi is probably the best bet with him being the most available (contract till 2021), his goal scoring record and age; he needs to improve more on helping build up play and knowing when to make the right runs to open space for incoming players.

omidferoz

I would love to have Kane, but his contract runs till 2024 and with Levy, he's going to be very expensive. Firmino is also going to be expensive with his contract to 2023 and he's a bit old.

Icardi is probably the best bet with him being the most available (contract till 2021), his goal scoring record and age; he needs to improve more on helping build up play and knowing when to make the right runs to open space for incoming players.

Icardi is just a little bit better version of paco. Icardi typer of players dont work in barca. rather go all in on Ferminho or jesus.

soul24rage

Icardi is just a little bit better version of paco. Icardi typer of players dont work in barca. rather go all in on Ferminho or jesus.

Ik, that's why I mentioned the things he needs to improve on for him to be the Barca striker. judging from his recent games, he's been improving in those aspects

Jombi

So many garbage strikers out there its ridiculous. I think we're better off trying to find value in the market than splash huge amounts of money on a striker, but that wont happen because the number 9 must generate a lot of merchandise revenue and be a superstar.

Nothanks

he's only 4 years younger than suarez, by the time suarez hits irreversible decline we'd be needing to find firmino's replacement.

MTL_Barca

If we offload Dembele for 100M, Malcom for 30M, Paco for 20, Gomes for 20, that is already enough for Firmino's 150-180m transfer.

Fantastic business right there. Just to bench that guy too :lol:

I would like to know what Valverde would've done if Griezmann signed for us. Bench him? Bench Cou?

Yannik

Firmino does have his perks, but he has a really low scoring return, he's not really a lone striker but more a system player. In his last 10 games for example he only scored 2 goals, meaning you'd be much more realiable on Messi being on the scoresheet than you already are. I think Barca would do better looking for a real no. 9 player like Suarez was.

Home of Barca Fans