Ricardo Rodríguez

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He looks really good. But if you were him, would you go to Barcelona during your crucial years of development to sit on the bench behind Alba for 90% of the time? That's maybe the main reason why De Ligt choose Juventus afterall.

Playing time has nothing to do with De Ligt pursuit.

Alba is 30 years old, can't sign band aids - especially if Neymar is indeed a real possibility & that the pair never really linked up well. Rodriguez presents advantages over Filipe (soon 34 y.o.) but only just and considering the Brasilian is out of contract, a cheaper option as a band aid would be more ideal IMHO. Reading between the lines with what Guardiola has commented on, you gotta really wonder about the sporting direction of the club - it's really thunderdome atm

Messi983

Betis wants 50-60M for Firpo. While I would prefer to spend that money on him (and the rest on another midfielder or forward) than whatever we plan to pay for Neymar it's true he also wants to play more than he would here so I don't see him as a realistic option.

If healthy Alba will play at least 70-80% matches in the next season or two so getting a younger player who won't play much and so won't develop doesn't make much sense. He could easily turn into a new Digne and will want to leave in 2 years before he'll have a fair chance to show what he can do.

I'm ok with getting a player like Rodriguez for 15M as a short term solution if we also sign Diego Palacios for Barça B. See how he'll progress and if he'll do well we can always sell Rodriguez in a year or two (he will only turn 27 at the start of next season so it's not like he's too old to recuperate most of the money or maybe even sell him for profit if we'll sign him for cheap) and promote Palacios. Or if Miranda will develop good on loan he can come back.

Rodriguez is also more durable than the likes of Firpo or Filipe Luis. He had some injuries when he was at Wolfsburg but has missed only 2 games in the last two seasons while Firpo and Filipe both missed around 30 games.

FC433

^
for me, it is either a promising LB like Grimaldo, Firpo, Madrid's Mendy or F. Luis for free.

Buying Rodríguez for 15m would not be very wise.

Home of Barca Fans