Real Madrid

ronniecro

i'm still bitter,not gonna even lie. as i said,all of this came at least 2-3 years too late,celebrating their fail brings me no joy for some reason

Leo_Messi

i'm still bitter,not gonna even lie. as i said,all of this came at least 2-3 years too late,celebrating their fail brings me no joy for some reason

It is a small plaster, indeed.

Like the fugitive who was supposed to be caught right away but who managed to make several high-profile bank robberies while committing several murders in the process while on the run. Later to be caught on the Bahamas years after his crime spree ended. Analogies aside, people should get the point here.:lol:

If we fail to win the CL (nothing else will satisfy me) this season it won't have mattered anyway IMO. RM would not have won it this year regardless of them kicking Ajax out or not as I wrote yesterday before the game. It just happened that a young and highly motivated Ajax ended it for them sooner than expected while they were in the midst of a depression courtesy of their main rivals.

Last edited:

Devils

lol I knew this was coming for Real Madrid.

I've been saying it summer and everything I said came true over the past 7 days.

Btw for people fearing Real Madrid will spend big this summer, they spent nearly 200m on transfers last summer and look where they are now lmao.

Altomonte

what should not been forgotten is RM's heavy schedule ahead of the Ajax game. Playing two Clasicos within 6 days of this CL game (and losing both) was about the worst that could happen.
Ajax was a well rested team whereas Real was a tired and demoralized team that played without their captain and best defender.
Also, the club seems to have lost its previous ability to pick favorable schedules and referees. Playing on Tuesday instead of Wednesday did not give the players an additional day to recover physically and mentally from the Clasico defeats.
I am definitely not a RM fan but such details are important. Would not have happened under Zidane.

El Gato

Villarato!
La Sexta reports Perez and the board apparently are ready to approve a Zidane comeback, meet any financial demands he would like including freedom to make any transfers he feels are necessary.

Lol a bit better than Mourinho perspective I'd say, but a little outlandish :lol:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
La Sexta reports Perez and the board apparently are ready to approve a Zidane comeback, meet any financial demands he would like including freedom to make any transfers he feels are necessary.

Lol a bit better than Mourinho perspective I'd say, but a little outlandish :lol:

Well, Zidane has been at the Bernabeu the last couple of games so perhaps there is something cooking behind the scenes......

El Gato

Villarato!
It's the best solution for everybody. Zidane isn't afraid to make enemies (Ceballos & Llorente sidelined for no apparent reason) so moving on the likes of Bale or Kroos would become a reality. It also immensely increases the likelihood of Hazard deal.

Really best possible direction we could go I feel. I would even keep Solari as assistant, or DoF, or something.

PS Who am I kidding. He's off to Juve once they sack Allegri who we will have to deal with.

Last edited:

serghei

Man Zidane is going to be under enormous pressure if he goes back.

It's the best solution for everybody. Zidane isn't afraid to make enemies (Ceballos & Llorente sidelined for no apparent reason) so moving on the likes of Bale or Kroos would become a reality. It also immensely increases the likelihood of Hazard deal.

Really best possible direction we could go I feel. I would even keep Solari as assistant, or DoF, or something.

PS Who am I kidding. He's off to Juve once they sack Allegri who we will have to deal with.

What about Solari? He's great. It's just that this is the best you can reasonably do with these players. Wasn't this your applied logic with Valverde? Players are past it, the manager is not the problem?

Now suddenly you want Madrid to appoint their 3rd manager in a year?

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
:lol:

Was not active here last summer but may I guess, was it our pessimistic Chinese friend Luft leading that crowd of pessimists and that particular doomsday cult? Would not surprise me the least. No offense Luft if you see this post. Just a bit of banter.:lol:

No problem, I enjoyed seeing Madrid's demise as much as the next Cule, if not more. Spent the whole morning today browsing Chinese forums and releasing my schadenfreude.

That said, I don't think Real Madrid is done and dusted as some claimed they are. I still think Perez was onto something, ie., buying promising young players before they blossom into super stars instead of splashing a lot of money chasing them afterwards because for one thing, at this rate clubs will not be able to afford the crazy prices for good established players down the road. Something that we are doing too (with Arthur and Todibo for example).

Also, with regard to Real Madrid, many of us saw this coming, right? Clearly they are at a stage of transition/rebuilding after losing Ronaldo and they will be phasing out the likes of Marcelo and Modric etc., I don't think anyone should expect them to be just as competitive as before. The same applies to us too, when Messi is gone and we are rebuilding, we will take a dip too, I don't expect us to be as competitive as when Messi was here, not any time soon. So while I take great joy in seeing Real Madrid losing three home games and crashing out of two competitions in one week I don't think fundamentally there is anything wrong with what they have done. Perhaps they could have sold Bale and kept Ronaldo for one more year while grooming Vinicius. But they have to let Ronaldo go at some point and start planning how to play without him. Right now they are paying the price of that vacuum he left, as we will be paying the price for the vacuum that Messi leaves several years later.

Last edited:

barcanuck

I don't buy that Marcelo is "past it". How does one go from best LB in the world to "past it" in a span of a few months?

As for Madrid's current predicament:

The fact that it has come after a very successful period for them, makes this season's results a lot easier handle. New cycle and all that.

This. It's simple he's not motivated and wants to re-unite with his boy toy Penaldo.

Leo_Messi

Bummer if they get Zidane back, his black magic was too good. Not good for us.

I hope they get Mou back.

Look at it this way. Zidane or no Zidane what they did in the CL (while failing in the two domestic competitions pretty much since 2014) is not going to happen again. If ever. VAR, no CL. That is the formula.:lol: Whatever they do it is pretty much 2009 all over again or 2006. Would not be surprised to see that truly bad CL run between 2003 and 2010 to repeat itself or even better the 32 year old run between 1966-1998. Much less likely the latter in this time and era though.:lol:

No problem, I enjoyed seeing Madrid's demise as much as the next Cule, if not more. Spent the whole morning today browsing Chinese forums and releasing my schadenfreude.

That said, I don't think Real Madrid is done and dusted as some claimed they are. I still think Perez was onto something, ie., buying promising young players before they blossom into super stars instead of splashing a lot of money chasing them afterwards because for one thing, at this rate clubs will not be able to afford the crazy prices for good established players down the road. Something that we are doing too (with Arthur and Todibo for example).

Also, with regard to Real Madrid, many of us saw this coming, right? Clearly they are at a stage of transition/rebuilding after losing Ronaldo and they will be phasing out the likes of Marcelo and Modric etc., I don't think anyone should expect them to be just as competitive as before. The same applies to us too, when Messi is gone and we are rebuilding, we will take a dip too, I don't expect us to be as competitive as when Messi was here, not any time soon. So while I take great joy in seeing Real Madrid losing three home games and crashing out of two competitions in one week I don't think fundamentally there is anything wrong with what they have done. Perhaps they could have sold Bale and kept Ronaldo for one more year while grooming Vinicius. But they have to let Ronaldo go at some point and start planning how to play without him. Right now they are paying the price of that vacuum he left, as we will be paying the price for the vacuum that Messi leaves several years later.

See my take on the situation in posts 15243 and 15245. RM will obviously be back as any other top/elite club eventually. Even Liverpool will eventually win that league title again. We can't have it any other way otherwise it will be boring. Both clubs need each other but when one club is declining the other is usually on the upward trend. For once we had some kind of anomaly of both clubs doing very well since 2013. RM in the CL and us in La Liga, CdR and the CL (in 2015 that is, still better than any other team in Europe in that era not named RM).

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans