Real Madrid

Stoichkov1

His transformation is 3 seasons in the making. The man has very little to show for it even if he was building from the depths of mediocrity back in 2014. He's obviously backroom savvy and has a project in his mind, club is behind him, lets him take care of the spending and he tends to buy the right pieces. But right now he has a team he should by every means be winning a title with. Madrid will never hire a guy without either a major trophy or a minimum CL record (getting to semis) on his CV. Club doesn't need to be built up like Spurs did.

Not that Poch will never get here. He may. And things change. Maybe we'll never get out from this slump, crash out of CL spots for the first time in god knows how long. Players will decide to call it a day and we will need a new core. That's when Poch could come in. But this won't come this summer yet. I'm sure even Perez knows he's a natural successor in 2-3 years and he'll get the time to win with Spurs yet.

Are you aware that your current manager is Zidane who only managed real madrid castilla before the first team?

El Gato

Villarato!
Are you aware that your current manager is Zidane who only managed real madrid castilla before the first team?

Are you aware that for internal managers who are club legends these things generally don't matter? And that Zidane would pretty much be a caretaker if he hadn't produced the results he had?

Stoichkov1

Are you aware that for internal managers who are club legends these things generally don't matter? And that Zidane would pretty much be a caretaker if he hadn't produced the results he had?

Fact is that real gave the job to a man without experience, so I don't understand why they wouldn't hire a manager without a trophy or an impressive CV. Pochettino is a great manager and he definitely doesn't have a team that can challenge for a PL title, especially considering that City and United will be stronger than ever.

El Gato

Villarato!
Fact is that real gave the job to a man without experience, so I don't understand why they wouldn't hire a manager without a trophy or an impressive CV. Pochettino is a great manager and he definitely doesn't have a team that can challenge for a PL title, especially considering that City and United will be stronger than ever.

Because he has won fuckall and has no connection to the club. Two crucial criteria. Former obviously being more important, while latter sufficed in caretaking position and gave Madrid an opportunity to have an accomplished legend manage Madrid long-term following the success, first instance like that since Del Bosque. Capiche?

JamDav1982

Because he has won fuckall and has no connection to the club. Two crucial criteria. Former obviously being more important, while latter sufficed in caretaking position and gave Madrid an opportunity to have an accomplished legend manage Madrid long-term following the success, first instance like that since Del Bosque. Capiche?

Two criteria that mean fuck all if they think he is best man for the job.

Lets see who is right when Zidane leaves.

Stoichkov1

Yeah he has won fuckall because his players aren't good enough obviously.

Maybe you can enlighten me, why did Madrid hire Luxemburgo in 2005, a man who has won fuckall and had no connection to the club?

El Gato

Villarato!
Two criteria that mean fuck all if they think he is best man for the job.

Lets see who is right when Zidane leaves.

Two criteria that are unchangeable in Perez era. Simple as. So far it's obvious who the better manager is.

Right now, it's still an IF, not when.

El Gato

Villarato!
Yeah he has won fuckall because his players aren't good enough obviously.

Maybe you can enlighten me, why did Madrid hire Luxemburgo in 2005, a man who has won fuckall and had no connection to the club?

Because it was 2005... :lol:

And no, his players are good enough. They proved they're capable of beating each of the top teams. But they're still children at heart and even Poch hasn't figured out how to make them mature yet. But dude is learning so in 2 years time he may have trophies in his bag.

[MENTION=6099]JamDav1982[/MENTION]
You really gotta whack your head on a good Scottish rock to sort it out mate, haha.

Stoichkov1

And no, his players are good enough. They proved they're capable of beating each of the top teams. But they're still children at heart and even Poch hasn't figured out how to make them mature yet. But dude is learning so in 2 years time he may have trophies in his bag.

Yeah it was in 2005, does it matter?

JamDav1982

[MENTION=6099]JamDav1982[/MENTION]
You really gotta whack your head on a good Scottish rock to sort it out mate, haha.

Hilarious stuff.

Pochettino is the better manager. No doubt.

Stoichkov1

What do you know about Madrid management policy in 2000s? Specifically the contrast between first Perez tenure and the second? And Calderon's in between?

I know a lot of things.

Madrid hired a manager who has won fuckall and without connections to the club in 2005 when florentino was still president, and that's enough to disprove your point.

BarçaBarça

His transformation is 3 seasons in the making. The man has very little to show for it even if he was building from the depths of mediocrity back in 2014. He's obviously backroom savvy and has a project in his mind, club is behind him, lets him take care of the spending and he tends to buy the right pieces. But right now he has a team he should by every means be winning a title with. Madrid will never hire a guy without either a major trophy or a minimum CL record (getting to semis) on his CV. Club doesn't need to be built up like Spurs did.

Not that Poch will never get here. He may. And things change. Maybe we'll never get out from this slump, crash out of CL spots for the first time in god knows how long. Players will decide to call it a day and we will need a new core. That's when Poch could come in. But this won't come this summer yet. I'm sure even Perez knows he's a natural successor in 2-3 years and he'll get the time to win with Spurs yet.

Well, I'll actually buy that reasoning: That Pochettino needs a CL-semi to be hired at RM (or a title). He could very well have that in 2-3 years time, but a title could be hard, as Tottenham impose sanctions on themselves with wages and so on (Kane could move sooner than a possible title). Maybe it is more likely he will come if RM is in ruins, but I also share the assessment that that scenario is a bit unlikely.

All that said I think it would be wiser to take Pochettino rather than Conte, if Zidane leaves, especially if they could get Kane as well: Conte + Hazard < Pochettino + Kane, imo.

Home of Barca Fans