Real Madrid

khaled_a_d

I don't see any reason why Conte would leave Chelsea. It also doesn't look like he's gonna get sacked after this season.

Coaches leaves when they want to unlike players. contract means nothing for them tbh and lots of rumors he isn't happy at Chelsea and want out after this year

I don't see Poch leaving Spurs unless Levy undermines him and sells Kane, Ali etc

Conte wanted to go back to Italy I thought

Rumors is that Poch want the RM IIRC , and it will be huge offer for him to say no tbh,he has already been with the Spurs for 4 years and he might want to get out of there b4 things go down rather than up. City, Chelsea and even Manu & Liverpool all seem on their way to cement their place above them IMO. With RM he gets a chance to win trophies and if things failed he can get a chance in team like Tottenham again most probably. I don't know what is in his mind but it will be difficult for him to turn down the chance to return to Liga

Xaviniesta

My dream: Zizou to get sacked if they get KO'd, then the team just collapses under a new manager to the point where Sevilla beat them to 4th place.

The problem: idk if Montella can do that

El Gato

Villarato!
Rumors is that Poch want the RM IIRC , and it will be huge offer for him to say no tbh,he has already been with the Spurs for 4 years and he might want to get out of there b4 things go down rather than up. City, Chelsea and even Manu & Liverpool all seem on their way to cement their place above them IMO. With RM he gets a chance to win trophies and if things failed he can get a chance in team like Tottenham again most probably. I don't know what is in his mind but it will be difficult for him to turn down the chance to return to Liga

Poch has absolutely nothing to offer on that level and in that kind of environment TBH. He's a Pellegrini. Conte would freshen things up a bit definitely, but he's no more stable than Mourinho and no long-term builder.

I can't really see Zidane getting sacked until the end of season. PSG wouldn't be an excuse if things do not improve, it'd just be swept under the rug like the Liga was. Lack of success seems to simply be attributed to the ageing squad that peaked and needs replacements in the summer.
Don't know if Zidane can be the coach to lead that. He's not a facilitator that brings new guys in. Or hasn't proven himself to be one yet at least.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Zidane has played many young players, I don't think he'd have a problem in rebuilding.

That being said, if he fails this year I can see him leaving (or agreeing with Perez) on his own as to keep his legacy.

JamDav1982

Poch has absolutely nothing to offer on that level and in that kind of environment TBH. He's a Pellegrini. Conte would freshen things up a bit definitely, but he's no more stable than Mourinho and no long-term builder.

I can't really see Zidane getting sacked until the end of season. PSG wouldn't be an excuse if things do not improve, it'd just be swept under the rug like the Liga was. Lack of success seems to simply be attributed to the ageing squad that peaked and needs replacements in the summer.
Don't know if Zidane can be the coach to lead that. He's not a facilitator that brings new guys in. Or hasn't proven himself to be one yet at least.

Poch would be a far better choice for Real than Conte.

Best candidate out there for them by far but not sure he would leave Spurs yet.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Poch would be a far better choice for Real than Conte.

Best candidate out there for them by far but not sure he would leave Spurs yet.

Based on what? Hasn't coached the top side, less experience than Conte and hasnt worked in environment where titles are a must.

JamDav1982

Based on what? Hasn't coached the top side, less experience than Conte and hasnt worked in environment where titles are a must.

Neither had Pep or Lucho.

For the most modern style manager looking to play the Real would want to it is Poch for me over Conte easily.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Neither had Pep or Lucho.

For the most modern style manager looking to play the Real would want to it is Poch for me over Conte easily.

Pep and Lucho knew the club inside out, nothing like Pochetino. Never worked in demanding environment and has nothing on Conte. Perez will never pick him.

El Gato

Villarato!
Zidane has played many young players, I don't think he'd have a problem in rebuilding.

That being said, if he fails this year I can see him leaving (or agreeing with Perez) on his own as to keep his legacy.

But he hasn't built the core really. He made two key changes with permanent introduction of Casemiro and allowed Isco to make it through in Bale's absence, which brought balance and spark that lifted RM into a complete domination calibre in Europe. That's what was so important, because half the results last year came simply based off of confidence. He hasn't had to deal with the actual major shift yet, still probably sees Modrić-Kroos as a duo to lead for another 1-2 years when in reality Luka needs serious management already while Kova is somebody who makes runs from deep as his main weapon, but doesn't distribute in tight space nearly as well. Ceballos has that game, but isn't trusted.

In essence, no trophies will mean heads will roll. And with that sort of squad and unhealthy family-like relationship that it's turned into, it's usually the weaker squad members that get replaced to shift the blame i.e. keepers (Kepa rumors), rotation strikers (unyielding search for a dude who wouldn't replace the crappy Benz but would be good enough to provide bench support when required), rotation fullbacks and DM (Marcelo, Carva and Casemiro having no perceived competition will be highlighted and Theo, Llorente or Hakimi could actually be allowed to leave). Also, there'll be one big signing at least. Whether it's some form of a Neymar agreement or Hazard (Zidane likes the guy, sadly).

The right thing to do would be to throw the kids out there far more often now, even if PSG would end up being a humiliation. There is nothing that hints on the change in regularity of results from the current team aside from Bale who constantly outperforms everybody this season.

It's just a tad shit this year, but not the end of the world for me really. Zidane has instilled such attitude in a section of fans that are grateful for 4-6 years of success during his tenure in the club. The other section are the traditionalists who push for constant trophies. It's more of an internal war between the two camps ATM.

JamDav1982

Pep and Lucho knew the club inside out, nothing like Pochetino. Never worked in demanding environment and has nothing on Conte. Perez will never pick him.

Perez will pick him sooner or later.

He knows Spanish football and is one of the highest rated young managers out there who tries to play in a 'pep' type way that is all the rage.

El Gato

Villarato!
He knows Spanish football and is one of the highest rated young managers out there who tries to play in a 'pep' type way that is all the rage.

And fails to beat Pep (or even quasiMoudo United side) with that style despite sufficient resources. The man can coach Bayern when Heynckes leaves, but he isn't suited to the traditional mould of fanbase who would label him a fraud sooner than Barca fans did with Valverde.

Kane would be the only thing coming from Levy's backyard.

JamDav1982

And fails to beat Pep (or even quasiMoudo United side) with that style despite sufficient resources. The man can coach Bayern when Heynckes leaves, but he isn't suited to the traditional mould of fanbase who would label him a fraud sooner than Barca fans did with Valverde.

Kane would be the only thing coming from Levy's backyard.

Yet he beat Real and hard to compare him with Pep or Mourinho really as not a level playing field.

Anyway he has beat Pep.

He is one of the best young managers in the world and will be at a big club sooner or later.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pochettino gets annoyed, offended and hurt pretty quickly. Not sure he'll withstand the pressure he'll face in Real Madrid

El Gato

Villarato!
Yet he beat Real and hard to compare him with Pep or Mourinho really as not a level playing field.

Anyway he has beat Pep.

He is one of the best young managers in the world and will be at a big club sooner or later.

He beat Real during a stint of complete shithousery. That Spurs team should have battered RM, but had no stones to take more risk with a team who would barely get a shot on target and, even if they did, their keeper would take care of the problem. 4 years in a team aspiring to improve and they are still at the stage of "we're a young team, we have to remain humble" after defeating 2 time defending champions at home. The situation was begging for a statement like "we are proving people wrong" and it never came. That instills no confidence in the long-term at all and hence why they are where they are.

He may be at a big club i.e. Bayern, anywhere in Italy. But he is not that guy who is brought in to get a top team to European domination. Which is what Real is and will remain.

Home of Barca Fans