Real Madrid

El Flaco

Andujar Oliver (Ex-ref in La Liga) on Real Madrid - Betis game

"Brasanac is onside and the goalkeeper's challenge deserves a red card," former referee Andujar Oliver told Radio MARCA. "Mateu Lahoz's decision is a poor one."

Another incident that caught Oliver's eye was a challenge from Dani Carvajal on Antonio Sanabria after 39 minutes.

"It is a penalty as the Real defender illegally barges his opponent out the way but Mateu does not give anything."

http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2017/03/12/58c5af38ca474188408b45c3.html

F

FlaFCB

Annoys me they're there by cheating. Help in 4 of their last 4 games. If it was be merit, I wouldn't be annoyed. It's part of the sport. Not to the masters of cheating, though. A history built on that.

Horatio

You're welcome
Annoys me they're there by cheating. Help in 4 of their last 4 games. If it was be merit, I wouldn't be annoyed. It's part of the sport. Not to the masters of cheating, though. A history built on that.

They weren't helped by the ref in their last game. They were wrongfully flagged for offside where Ronaldo would have scored with the lob.

F

FlaFCB

They weren't helped by the ref in their last game. They were wrongfully flagged for offside where Ronaldo would have scored with the lob.

Today's game? Navas should had been sent off, and Betis also was denied a pk. I think both actions were prior to that as well.

Horatio

You're welcome
Today's game? Navas should had been sent off, and Betis also was denied a pk. I think both actions were prior to that as well.

Navas shouldn't have been sent off. He played the ball with his head.

The ref might have made some poor decisions, but today it didn't look one-sided.

F

FlaFCB

Navas shouldn't have been sent off. He played the ball with his head.

The ref might have made some poor decisions, but today it didn't look one-sided.

Yes, he should. Even Marca is saying so:

C6v-QEeWoAExDW3.jpg:large

Betis pk would also put them 0-2 ahead.

They were helped in the last 4 games, not counting the rest before. I don't know how can anyone still think this is only due to refs being bad. They're bad, but also floper is having a bigger weight this time.

Horatio

You're welcome
He was the last man. It doesn't matter if he touched the ball. He made the foul anyway. Just watch it: https://streamable.com/3c5zz

Not giving a clear pk to Betis was a more glaring mistake, and Mateu was well positioned.

You can be sure MAtS would be sent off if it was him. Or the Betis gk, in the match today.

Hmmm....you might be right. I thought Navas headed the ball much wider and thus eliminating the danger, but the player could have continued and worked the ball inside the goal.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He said Lahoz admitted that Navas fouled Brasanac, but didn't have the balls to blow the whistle.

Home of Barca Fans