Real Madrid

Chainsaw

Killahead
Yeah, Kovacic, James, and Isco were also a strategy for the future.

Lol right. I remember during last summer there was a member here who was raving about Real Madrid's "BIG strategies" for the future when they signed Kovavic. Now, only after a year there are strong rumors about him leaving Madrid.

Trickykid

Lol right. I remember during last summer there was a member here who was raving about Real Madrid's "BIG strategies" for the future when they signed Kovavic. Now, only after a year there are strong rumors about him leaving Madrid.

Let's not forget Isco, who still looks nowhere near a starting XI.

Kovacic, Isco and Ødegaard - the MSN of midfields.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah, Kovacic, James, and Isco were also a strategy for the future.

These signings are quite different in my opinion. These, especially the latter two were galatico signings as they were either the flavor of the summer or established red-hot young stars. This listed in the article, other than Odegaard who might be a superficial signing if you will, were all on a different track. They were less known younger talent that have shown some serious potential.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Envy of what? We just signed 3 young players who are all 22.. And besides how many of those prospects will see the first team anyway? A lot less than our young talents thats for sure..

Those are younger prospects, under 20. Many of them have been loaned out to La Liga teams and some have been sold to other teams with buy-backs (for example Mayoral who will be joining Wolfsburg). Yes some of them might never make it to their first team but the fact that they are signing a lot of these (especially Spanish domestic talent) and loan them out to ensure more playing time and development does make me envious.

Sure many of you disagree, I am just stating my personal opinion.

Trickykid

Those are younger prospects, under 20. Many of them have been loaned out to La Liga teams and some have been sold to other teams with buy-backs (for example Mayoral who will be joining Wolfsburg). Yes some of them might never make it to their first team but the fact that they are signing a lot of these (especially Spanish domestic talent) and loan them out to ensure more playing time and development does make me envious.

You must be extremely envious of Chelsea then.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You must be extremely envious of Chelsea then.

Well, I know Chelsea has a bunch of young players out on loan but honestly I don't know much about them (I do know about your compatriot Christensen though), I don't know if those players were plucked away by Chelsea when they were billed with high accolade etc, so I can't really comment.

Trickykid

Well, I know Chelsea has a bunch of young players out on loan but honestly I don't know much about them (I do know about your compatriot Christensen though), I don't know if those players were plucked away by Chelsea when they were billed with high accolade etc, so I can't really comment.

They're (in)famous of having hordes of young talent they buy from all over the world and ship off on loan deals. So far only a fraction of those players have actually returned to Chelsea, and it seems it's mostly a business strategy, where they buy them young for peanuts and then sell off after a few seasons at random clubs on loan.

Trickykid

Apparently Mayoral is going to Wolfsburg on loan. I have no idea what they want him for, as he looked way out of his depth whenever he played for the senior team last season.

Nucky

Maybe under Zidane young players will get a chance.. I respect your opinion, I just think there is nothing to be jelous about.. We are doing a better job with young players..

CuleLife4Life

I think Real's purchasing of young players looks better on paper but at the end of the day none of them make it into the first XI because there will always be superstar galacticos that will push them further down the depth chart. Nothing to be jealous of. Although it pisses me off to see the likes of Isco and Kovacic being ignored.

khaled_a_d

The thing is,this is exactly what we have been doing in the last couple of years.
Rafa Mujica,along many other Spanish young players,we have also signed some U-18 kids from Argentina & Brazil this summer. B4 that we got Halilovic & Denis too
Also there have been a lot of effort from the club but we were a bit unlucky with some guys.lost Diaz for Man City,Davinson Sanchez has rejected our offer etc.
Sure there was some bad decision like pulling out of Asensio deal after almost securing him and using the money to sign Douglas.But it seem at least we are trying to improve in those aspects.
The one thing we need for sure is to omprove the B team ability to develop young prospects

El Flaco

Cicinho on his time at Real Madrid

“When Roberto Carlos left, I was in the starting 11, Sergio Ramos was centre back and sometimes right back, and Michel Salgado was the third in line to my spot. They had an election and said that they were going to have a third captain. The first captain was Raúl and the second Casillas, who gave up his captaincy to Salgado so that he could play. That’s where this little group started. Julio Baptista told me that it was over.

“I was the one who was punished. When I went to sit down and tell them I wanted to leave for Roma, I talked with Totti and Doni and they told me that Real Madrid were screwing me over. If I’d been professional, I’d still be there.

“Guti, Salgado, Helguera, Raúl and Casillas were the leaders of this little group. Those who joined the group were the ones who were obedient. They manipulated, and they brainwashed the press and the coach (Juan Ramón). For example, one day Ronaldo had a bad game, and the next day it was all over the front pages that Raúl was better than Ronaldo. Raúl would have to be born three times to try and be like him.

“You were in their country, winning as many titles as them, playing in their position. I arrived there and Michel Salgado had already been at the club 11 years. In the changing room, each player had their own locker and he would go around greeting everybody, but when he came to me he’d just act like wasn’t there and skip over me. That was in the beginning, after I’d already bent down to him and tied his bootlaces. But afterwards, we actually had a very good relationship. He was a guy who never tried to screw me over. He excluded me a bit at first, but then later never. I was the guiltiest one of not having been able to stay at Real Madrid.”

http://en.as.com/en/2016/07/21/football/1469094990_899101.html

Home of Barca Fans