Real Madrid

khaled_a_d

The shift is inevitable, with us signing benchwarming oldies, our aging starting eleven and how we are reluctant to freshen up our starting eleven, it could even be sooner

The best U-25 years old player that either team have play for us(Neymar) regardless where Pogba is gonna play
Most of RM players are as old as us ,we have a younger GK ,Mascherano & Pique each are 1 year younger than Pepe/Ramos . Alba is younger than Marcelo too . same for frontline ,we actually have a younger average age in MSN than BBC
Most of their young players are either rotation player or player who might leave or a bit misfit ,Kroos,Isco,James . prospects who we don't know how good they might turn (Asensio,Kovacic,Vallejo)
Other than Carvajal/Casemiro RM doesn't really have a clear future better than us . obviously they seem care more about the future .but so far they hardly have a clear superstar power for the future tbh just like us .things could change quickly

gasgas

The best U-25 years old player that either team have play for us(Neymar) regardless where Pogba is gonna play
Most of RM players are as old as us ,we have a younger GK ,Mascherano & Pique each are 1 year younger than Pepe/Ramos . Alba is younger than Marcelo too . same for frontline ,we actually have a younger average age in MSN than BBC
Most of their young players are either rotation player or player who might leave or a bit misfit ,Kroos,Isco,James . prospects who we don't know how good they might turn (Asensio,Kovacic,Vallejo)
Other than Carvajal/Casemiro RM doesn't really have a clear future better than us . obviously they seem care more about the future .but so far they hardly have a clear superstar power for the future tbh just like us .things could change quickly

Carvajal, kroos (misfit or not, is a starter for them), casemiro, isco (he can start for any top 7 team, can start a big game), james (out of form, but anytime can spring to form, can start a big game), jese can sub in in big games, even el classico (has scored vs all the big teams in spain),
Velasquez (can start a ucl semi), varane (can start el classico)
If you have so many young players that you can trust in a big game, then I dont know whatelse you need.
Try compiling a similar list for Barca

Trickykid

And you think if i'm talking about a shift which is a process, it would involve one transfer window? That hasnt even started?

Ah, so you don't know about this transfer window in particular, but the following many that will result in said shift? Makes perfect sense.

gasgas

Ah, so you don't know about this transfer window in particular, but the following many that will result in said shift? Makes perfect sense.

No you didn't understand me.
I said I can't use this transfer window, because it hasn't started, the same applies for future ones.
What I am discussing here is simply a trend that we have established the past few seasons,
This in addition to other factors contribute towards the shift of power

Trickykid

No you didn't understand me.
I said I can't use this transfer window, because it hasn't started, the same applies for future ones.
What I am discussing here is simply a trend that we have established the past few seasons,
This in addition to other factors contribute towards the shift of power

What other factors?

Squads change over time. We've had no pressing need to rejuvenate up until now. I have no doubt in my mind that Lucho knows this, and will act accordingly. Let's wait a few windows, and if we're yet to think seriously about the future by then, then be my guest and continue your whining. Hell, by then, I'll probably join your little club of snot-nosed whining doomsayers.

CuleLife4Life

The shift is inevitable, with us signing benchwarming oldies, our aging starting eleven and how we are reluctant to freshen up our starting eleven, it could even be sooner

I won't sit and try to argue with you about a "shift" because no one knows in football. I remember being a fan of this club when we weren't winning shit and a midtable club while Real were winning something every single season and wondering when it'd be our turn. It happened years last but it was worth the wait. Who knows when and if a turn around can occur.

But I will disagree about our squad players being the reason why we will hit a decline. In my opinion, collectively, Real have better midfield players than us and have for a while now. But what did they win( excluding potential CL)? Nothing. They're institutional policy will forever weigh them down as long as Flo is there.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
The shift of power was suppossed to happen 4 years ago.

That was just some empty talk by Ronaldo after they won the league. I'm not saying that this "shift" is happening anytime soon, or at all, but having a player like Pogba in the midfield would improve any team massively.
A lot is left to how we replace our starters in the next couple of years, most notably Iniesta. Buy Pogba ourselves next summer, and I genuinely think we will be near unplayable.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
God damn, that's a whole ton of activity. No Galactico last summer must and a transfer ban approaching, you'd expect one this summer.

Still, crazy to sell Benz given the season he's had. Dybala is obviously great but you'll struggle to find a striker as selfless as Benz.
He wasn't as selfless as he used to be. Ronaldo has 15 assists,Bale 11 ,meanwhile Benz has 7.

J

Jamie Cal

He wasn't as selfless as he used to be. Ronaldo has 15 assists,Bale 11 ,meanwhile Benz has 7.

Not necessarily a clear indication of who is doing what for the team, though. But I see your point.

If I was you guys I definitely wouldn't want him to leave after the season he had.

Home of Barca Fans