Real Madrid

Stric

It wasnt wasted at all! We have strong squad, we are one of top teams in Europe and still can will CL.

And it isn't wasted if you consider that you won the CL last year. But in all honesty, everyone knows how much you spend, and it's much more than other clubs who also have a shot at winning the CL, or had a shot in the last few years.

Turson

And it isn't wasted if you consider that you won the CL last year. But in all honesty, everyone knows how much you spend, and it's much more than other clubs who also have a shot at winning the CL, or had a shot in the last few years.

Not only CL, as you said we also won Ligue one time and CdR two times. I can only speak for myself, but Im not disappointed. Not to mention that some of the guys like Bale or James that we paid a lot for only started to play for us recently.

mehdimike

Not to mention the hundreds of millions wasted on the squad in the past few years only. In that context, 1 league trophy in 6 years is just scary bad. And to think people are criticizing Bayern for failing...

And Barca didn't waste hundreds of millions in the past few years?!Honestly which big club didn't?

According to Wikipedia

Barca 2010-11 :Total spending: €71.5 million Total income: €43.5 million Expenditure: €28 million

Barca 2011-12 :Total spending: €60 million Total income: €46.75 million Expenditure: €13.25 million

Barca 2012-13 :Total spending: €33 million Total income: €00.00 million Expenditure: €33 million

Barca 2013-14 :Total spending: €70.1 Million Total income: €31 Million Expenditure: €39.1 Million(Neymar Price was considered just 57mill!)

Barca 2014-15 :Total spending: €157.25 million Total income: €80.8 Million Expenditure: €76.45 Million

Total spending: €391.85 million Total income: €202.05 Million Total expenditure: €189.8 Million

Real 2010-11 :Total spending: €74.5 million Total income: €16 million Expenditure: €58.5 million

Real 2011-12 :Total spending: €55 million Total income: €9 million Expenditure: €46 million

Real 2012-13 :Total spending: €34 million Total income: €34 million Expenditure: €00.00 million

Real 2013-14 :Total spending: €162.7 Million Total income: €122.4 Million Expenditure: €40.3 Million

Real 2014-15 :Total spending: €130.5 million Total income: €114.5 Million Expenditure: €16M Million

Total spending: €456.7 million Total income: €295.9 Million Total expenditure: €160.8 Million

So as u see after Mourinho Real changed the philosophy of wasting moneys.

Stric

And Barca didn't waste hundreds of millions in the past few years?!Honestly which big club didn't?

According to Wikipedia

Barca 2010-11 :Total spending: €71.5 million Total income: €43.5 million Expenditure: €28 million

Barca 2011-12 :Total spending: €60 million Total income: €46.75 million Expenditure: €13.25 million

Barca 2012-13 :Total spending: €33 million Total income: €00.00 million Expenditure: €33 million

Barca 2013-14 :Total spending: €70.1 Million Total income: €31 Million Expenditure: €39.1 Million(Neymar Price was considered just 57mill!)

Barca 2014-15 :Total spending: €157.25 million Total income: €80.8 Million Expenditure: €76.45 Million

Total spending: €391.85 million Total income: €202.05 Million Total expenditure: €189.8 Million

Real 2010-11 :Total spending: €74.5 million Total income: €16 million Expenditure: €58.5 million

Real 2011-12 :Total spending: €55 million Total income: €9 million Expenditure: €46 million

Real 2012-13 :Total spending: €34 million Total income: €34 million Expenditure: €00.00 million

Real 2013-14 :Total spending: €162.7 Million Total income: €122.4 Million Expenditure: €40.3 Million

Real 2014-15 :Total spending: €130.5 million Total income: €114.5 Million Expenditure: €16M Million

Total spending: €456.7 million Total income: €295.9 Million Total expenditure: €160.8 Million

I said waste, not spend. That was the entire point of my post. Real has spent a lot with very little to show for it.

Sterlingfan2000

is this normal? Barca wants danilo, real madrid signs him. Barca wants Darmian , Real quickly signs him. Barca want pogba, and real is trying to buy him now.

I really think Real wants to buy the players that barcelona want just for 1 reason , that barcelona dont sign them. Am I the only one? is this a new Real strategy?

MaxY

Devil May Cry
is this normal? Barca wants danilo, real madrid signs him. Barca wants Darmian , Real quickly signs him. Barca want pogba, and real is trying to buy him now.

I really think Real wants to buy the players that barcelona want just for 1 reason , that barcelona dont sign them. Am I the only one? is this a new Real strategy?

Real signed Darmian? That's not true and why would we even look to sign him? We have Danilo and Carvajal. It's not unusual that top clubs want to buy top players like Danilo,Pogba etc. And Real isn't even trying to buy Pogba,at least according to reports.

Last edited:

cris29

Real signed Darmian? That's not true and why would we even look to sign him? We have Danilo and Carvajal. It's not unusual that top clubs want to buy top players like Danilo,Pogba etc. And Real isn't even trying to buy Pogba,at least according to reports.

Darmian apparently had lunch with Ancelotti & his son.

StarLord

According to Wikipedia

You conveniently left out the 09/10 season in which Real spent a zillion euros. Their net spent is also made to look relatively low because of some very shrewd selling on their part. Higuain, Di Maria and Ozil went for top dollar.

Richard.H

So I usually watch bein extra, an analysis show with different pundits discussing footy.

They were saying that if RM lose tomorrow, their team will see a major overhaul ( Carlo leaving, bale leaving, casillas leaving, maybe both Hernandez and benzema too, also no chance for cr balon d'or)

Do you guys agree with this? I could definitely see it happen.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
So I usually watch bein extra, an analysis show with different pundits discussing footy.

They were saying that if RM lose tomorrow, their team will see a major overhaul ( Carlo leaving, bale leaving, casillas leaving, maybe both Hernandez and benzema too, also no chance for cr balon d'or)

Clearly if they get knocked out tomorrow there will be a mediatic shitstorm, looking for culprits.. there's already some polemics around Ancelotti, Bale and Casillas, it will only get worst if they finish the season with a nadaplete, and the summer can be very turbulent.

MaxY

Devil May Cry

Yeah, I can definitely see that happening. Even if we win the CL I still think that Casillas will leave. Bale is leaving if you leave it up to me ,if we don't win CL fans will absolutely explode and unleash on Bale. Benzema is 27, I won't be surprised if we sell him this summer. There have been some reports that current Benzema's tranfer value is as high as you get because he's 27; so we might be looking to cash him in and buy some younger striker. We might be looking to buy Lacazette or somebody. So imo:
Casillas will leave this summer. Bale will only leave if we don't win the CL. Carlo will stay for 1-2 more years. Chicha will leave and Benzema is 50/50.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
They may sell cristiano, he can still fetch a good price from bpl clubs or psg.
Plus they don't need him, with the service he gets anyone would score plenty.

Home of Barca Fans