Real Madrid

oz187

"But then, Madrid has more debt than banks: they have to pay the players, the clubs, the sports organizations, with governments, suppliers. All this adds to 541 million euros, which is more than double the debt Florentino Sanz Lorenzo created.

It would be misleading to count paying the players as debt if you don't also count things like stadium income as assets.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Yeah that was stupid, they're confusing cash flow with assets and liabilities.

Edit: Unless the person is just trying to explain in layman terms.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has confirmed that the club is in talks over a naming rights deal for its Santiago Bernabeu stadium as it closes in on a decision over the redevelopment strategy for its famous home.

Speaking to Spanish television programme Punto Pelota, Perez said that the club’s plan for the redevelopment of the Bernabeu would be revealed by the end of the month, adding that a sponsorship deal would form part of the masterplan. Perez said: “We want to award the project later this month. There are four candidates for the improvements, and if they hurry up then we’ll see if by the summer we can start work on what will be something very emblematic for the 21st century Bernabeu.” He added: “We are working on a sponsor. We are on with it. At best the stadium will have a name added to it if we can find one.”

The 80,300-seat Bernabeu has undergone a number of renovations since it opened in 1947 and initial proposals for a new redevelopment were first revealed in September 2011. Perez oversaw a significant redevelopment of the stadium during his first spell in power between 2001 and 2006. Speaking back in 2011, Perez stated his determination to deliver the best stadium in the world, adding that it would serve as a “legacy to future generations of Madridistas”.

The project is estimated to cost around Eur400 million and a naming rights deal has been considered a key part of financing the development. Emirates has already been linked to a naming rights contract. Real in May finalised a new five-year partnership with the airline which took effect from the 2013-14 season and is reportedly worth a guaranteed figure of Eur25 million per year, rising to Eur30 million depending on sporting results.

Here is what the stadium may look like.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I love Camp Nou, but am still a bit jealous of Santiago Bernabeu. I like the style of the stand way more and it also seems to be easier to renew the stadium compared to Camp Nou. That maquette in the picture is gorgeous! :wub:

barca1899

I really liked Foster&Partners project for the Camp Nou :wub:

1362657668_1_noucampnou.jpg

Kerrybai

I love Camp Nou, but am still a bit jealous of Santiago Bernabeu. I like the style of the stand way more and it also seems to be easier to renew the stadium compared to Camp Nou. That maquette in the picture is gorgeous! :wub:

I much prefer this design but it wont be used
proxy.jpg

Home of Barca Fans