Real Madrid

Morten

'Well enough v City'.... were soundly beaten in both legs and could have been more. High standards these days my dude.

Making my point for me 'slightly ahead of Barca' is you happy clapping when team is ageing and a lot of work to do to get back to top european team.

You will stroll la liga by your standards assuming Atleti dont put some run together so not all bad.

Tell me, is it all about "CL or bust" with you guys?

You know, before the 2010s, CL-titles used to be celebrated as something special, and just winning the league was considered a success, these days its almost as if you dont win the CL the season is a failure.

No, our CL-campaigns as of late hasnt been anything to write home about, but these things happens, every team have bad runs in this competition.

JamDav1982

Tell me, is it all about "CL or bust" with you guys?

You know, before the 2010s, CL-titles used to be celebrated as something special, and winning the league was considered a success, these days its almost as if you dont win the CL the season is a failure.

Who said it is 'CL or bust'?

El Gato

Villarato!
What are the factors to consider when stating change is happening at a 'slow pace'?

Stadium being built
Seniors can't be forced out all at the same time or even incrementally without spending 100s of millions to replace them. Nor should they in several cases
Managerial changes in between
Contracts winding down curbing other deals
Lack of suitable replacements for given positions on the market
Injuries hindering right players in the team coming together
COVID budget limits, often meaning money needs to be found elsewhere
+ time needed for younger investment to get used to surroundings; as was the case with most of the best of them i.e. Pepe, Marcelo etc who needed to make their mistakes before they became great

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Stadium being built
Seniors can't be forced out all at the same time or even incrementally without spending 100s of millions to replace them. Nor should they in several cases
Managerial changes in between
Contracts winding down curbing other deals
Lack of suitable replacements for given positions on the market
Injuries hindering right players in the team coming together
COVID budget limits

Would be a decent list if stopped the big money being spent as last summer.

Good number of those factors impacted by Real anyway so cant claim then to use as excuse for slow rebuild when contributed to them.

On top of that spend huge money as last summer need to get it right. Those players may well come good but at this stage doesnt look like it.

JamDav1982

It's a good list anyway considering the final point made. Players need time to gel, under stable conditions, no matter how you play it

Nah its not a good list to make out the club are rebuilding slowly and give reasons that are impacted by clubs actions as if external factors.

Those players might come good but at this point dont look like good transfers.

I know you love Mendy but even he to me looks fairly average for a top clubs full back but did get better going forward towards end of season.

El Gato

Villarato!
Those players might come good but at this point dont look like good transfers.

Most don't at this stage of their careers when plunged into a team with an established order that they need to break through. Takes time. Risk like any, but plenty of suitors to take a small loss if dont live up to potential

JamDav1982

Most don't at this stage of their careers when plunged into a team with an established order that they need to break through. Takes time. Risk like any, but plenty of suitors to take a small loss if dont live up to potential

Plenty of suitors to take on small loss for Jovic, Hazard and Militao?

Wouldnt be sure of that.

El Gato

Villarato!
Which is what makes the Hazard transfer poorer.

Dont think getting anywhere near 70m for Jovic. Most likely need to loan him out and hope performs.

We bought him for 60
Which is why I said small loss, usually less than 20-30%. We'd find someone who'd pay 40 for Jovic if needed.

Hazard transfer was always gonna be risky and I was always against it, but resigned to it, because it's true we also kinda need marketable name.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Its crazy what happened with Bale. When he came 2013 he looked hungry, disciplined, ambitious and now he is joking and make nonsense while sitting on the bench every match.

Home of Barca Fans